1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Referred to AskaDev] Lich skill only gives more HP nothing more for stats

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Xee, Jan 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

01/07/2023 17:11
    Title: Lich skill only gives more HP nothing more for stats
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? waste of points?
    Details: The lich skills has two things lists % effective as well Lich summon Power. The lich summon power increases HP and only hp. The effective % does nothing that I can see in any stats or dmg. There is a undead skill called death effectiveness which increases the pets over all dmg 3 dmg per point. I suspect that the effective % was the wrong stat used to increase lich pet. this is probably the same for all lich pets as they all seem to use that skill.
    Steps to Reproduce: put death effective skill up to 140 for testing. next take level 100 lich and look at stats. level it up and all you see is hp increase. dps seems only to be affected by the death effective ness skill that you took to 140 which is separate which means the % effective does nothing and the lich skill level is only takes lich power which gives it hp only.
    User Specs:
    CPU: 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900HK (20) System RAM: 32438
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Laptop GPU GPU RAM: 16189
    SotA.Win.64.1622.Date.01.02.23
    Area: Novia_R1_City_CastleAtos
    Area Display Name: Castle Atos
    Loc: (-79.2, 109.7, 423.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfQ2l0eV9DYXN0bGVBdG9zfHwoLTc5LjE4NiwgMTA5LjY2LCA0MjMuMjk3KXwoMCwgLTAuNjAxLCAwLCAwLjc5OSl8LTMyLjE3OTc5fDMyLjU3MDU3fDUuNDU4ODQx

thesometimeslurker likes this.
  2. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

To give a bit more info the lich's Summon Level only affects HP no matter how it comes, including food and offhand orb. ("Summon Lich Power" just adds levels to the lich, as it does with other summons. Other summons just have more stats that are affected by their level).

I don't know if this is by design or not, I guess I just assumed it was since the lich is already incredibly powerful and death magic is intrinsically linked to HP in a way that no other school is. The summon effectiveness stat you mentioned is also unique to the death summons, so I figured it was just a way to give the tree more detail oriented summons. With all the skills and artifacts and 3 summons to choose from that was seemingly a priority with Death magic.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

So what is summon effectiveness % is the question. well the Lich is pretty powerful, the Skeleton and Skeleton mage are way too weak in comparison at same levels. Adding more HP is only from summon power. it does not make the pet stronger or do any more damage , neither does the pet level. HP is only linked to near death which you only get with the chest gem which is for death combat skills only. it does not affect summon pet in any way. So what is summons effectiveness?? its not death effectiveness which gives pets more str/dmg. in all testing 100-150 it did not seem to boost any skills at all, nor any of the pet page stats. I

Demon summon had the same issue back when Jump strength was linked to the pet instead of strength. this fixed its output a lot and brought it in line. Death is also the only class with summons that require both the lich skills to make it powerful as well all the summon skills in focus tree to get to where I am which is powerful but at 2.5x the cost of xp for not much gain per point.

when you get up this high level and spending alot to test and look at the math in depth amazing the small things you find over time :)

summon effectiveness % is to be death effectiveness % pretty sure.

4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Xee I would recommend asking this using "AskADev" so @Chris can speak to this on a stream, etc.

5. thesometimeslurker

thesometimeslurker Avatar

I think this also happens with the Summon Skeleton skill. Also it affects Anapa's Favor and its associated artifact gem, making it practically useless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.