1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Player Vendor Bulk Sales like NPC Vendors for Stackable Items

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Tahru, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

The Player vendor should be able list a stack of items for sale and the buyers choose the desired quantity at purchase time just like it works for NPC vendors.

The benefits include
    • Buyers can buy exactly what they need
    • Sellers don't have to waste hours listing a bunch of different quantities of the same item
    • Vendor cap on the number of listings is less of an issue when not listing the same item many times.
    • Sellers can change the price of an items easily because there is only one.
    • Easier for buyers to get the price per item without calculations.
    • Consistent purchase experience with NPC vendors.
    I am sure this has been asked for many times. Can't we make this happen pretty please?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
    Micmatty, SammiX, Wilfred and 9 others like this.
  2. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Now that just makes sense!

3. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

If it can be done for the NPC's, I would think Player Merchants could get in on this :)

ConjurerDragon, Micmatty and Tahru like this.
  4. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Bump.

I realize it's not my thread. I strongly feel this will greatly help the game and is a quality of life improvement.

We set the price per item on the vendor and buyers set the quantity they want to purchase from a stack. The tech should mostly be there already as NPC vendors do it already. Just need to adjust code not to exceed the stack quantity. The rest I believe should be already in game.

Pretty please :)

ConjurerDragon, Wilfred and Micmatty like this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

It should be the default imo. If players want to sell bundle of things, there should be ways to repackage them that way, like NPC merchants sell quivers of arrows, jars of worms, etc.

For complete suits of armor, rather than put them in bags, it would make sense to put them in Supply Bundle -like packages, so when the purchaser buys one and opens up the bundle, the packaging disappears.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
    Wilfred, Micmatty and Sentinel2 like this.
  6. Jack SinAssist

Jack SinAssist Avatar

Not to mention DB load times improved....

7. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

A good point. Rather than have dozens of the same item repeatedly listed just have one stack and consume from what's there. Less strain on the DB to contend with.

ConjurerDragon and Wilfred like this.