Looking for opinions for my POT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Isabel Ayin, Jul 30, 2023.

1. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

In another thread I put a plan that I had designed for my new template but I have tested part of the plan in my current POT and it was horrible, the central square had to be too big to be able to put the buildings that way.
    I have designed this now (in English, so you know what each thing is) and it is much closer to what I had in mind, and it has also turned out much cuter :D

I launch a query.
    As you can see, on the right there will be a cemetery, zombies, ghosts, a haunted inn, a school for dark arts...
    I thought about calling that area "The Shadow Hole", but someone told me that in English it sounds very childish. What do you think English speakers?

And the area on the left, which is going to have a brighter tone, I don't know what to name it. Any suggestions?

[​IMG]

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Maybe The place of Shadows ?

Maybe The place of Enlightenment ?

Just throwing some random ideas at you. Also that layout looks really good. :)

Isabel Ayin and that_shawn_guy like this.
  3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

If the map is with north being up, then it is strange that the darker areas would be in the east where the sun rises.
    Same for the areas of learning and spirituality that would be west where the sun sets...

What about the german speakers who have a rudimentary understanding of english?

"The dark quarter" (as in city quarter).
    "Playa des muertos" - sure, no english but even the US americans know what the "Dias de Muertos" are from the ever growing number of latin american people in the US and from the Playa Ingles on Majorca.
    "Silent quarter" from the thought that the dead should rest in peace and from Monthy Pythons´s "Pie jesu domine, eis dona requiem" (which is in the game even as a emote).
    "The city quarter that never sleeps." (The city that never sleeps being nicknames for New York and Las Vegas)

The houses 6 and 7 which border directly at the haunted areas would be strange to live in, perhaps reserved for the undertaker, executioner or other professions?

Abby, Oracle and Wizard´s tower?
    "Divine District"

Warrior B'Patrick and Anpu like this.
  4. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

Umbral Hollow?

Birko, Isabel Ayin and Anpu like this.
  5. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Isabel Ayin
    Some suggestions I have are:
    "Potter's Field" a public burial place for paupers, unknown persons, and criminals
    "The Reaper's Gateway" with a large Reaper Statue
    "The Spirit's Last Odyssey" with ghost conversationalist

Algunas sugerencias que tengo son:
    "Potter's Field", un lugar de entierro público para indigentes, desconocidos y delincuentes
    "The Reaper's Gateway" con una gran estatua de Reaper
    "La última odisea del espíritu" con un conversador fantasma

6. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

The Reaper's Gateway, sounds like a cool name to me. And I could put up the statue of the headless horseman that we got after the crash in September, who also carries a scythe.
    And for the Oracle area, I will add some gardens and it will be called as up to now, Sanctuary Gardens, or perhaps Devotion Gardens, which is a very descriptive name because the Oracle, the devotionals and the shrines will be there.
    Thanks for the suggestions :)

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

How about something like Den of Darkness. I love your idea. I hope you are able to find all the creepiest assets and things to create to give you the feel and look you are trying to achieve. Good luck. I cant wait to see it.

Isabel Ayin likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

hopefully you have a lot of zombie conversationalists ;) or at least a few to wander around the halls

Isabel Ayin likes this.
  9. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

There will be zombies, if there weren't, it wouldn't be my POT :D
    I hope to create a spooky neighborhood in which Wednesday Addams would feel at home

Anpu and majoria70 like this.
  10. Akandriel

Akandriel Avatar

If you like the word "Shadow", then "Shadow Ruins"

Vaentorian likes this.