House Deed Upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kelanor, Aug 7, 2023.

1. Kelanor

Kelanor Avatar

I can't seem to figure out how to upgrade a house deed that is currently in use on a Lot.

Was about to put that in wishlist requests, but wasn't sure if i'm just doing it wrong.
    I don't have another village deed to replace my village house with so i can upgrade my village deed from taxed to non taxed.

2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I upgraded my lot deed by rightclicking it in my inventory and then choosing from a pop-up what I wanted it to turn into.

No idea how that would work with a deed that is in use.

You could probably put your house into the property manager to safekeep it, end the use of the lot to get the deed back in your inventory, upgrade the deed, place it again and place the house from the property manager on the same lot.

However if you want to upgrade deeds, why not wait until the next sale when upgradecost is usually reduced, too?

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Save house/dungeon/basement in property manager. Unclaim lot. Left click on lot deed in inventory.

Tirrag, Scanphor, Beaumaris and 2 others like this.
  4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you can't. do it from inventory.

(the player instructions are wrong; i'll rewrite that section today.)

Anpu and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Just something else to think about: if you upgrade your lot deed and claim a bigger lot then the house you have stored in the property manager cannot be restored to that larger lot (dungeons and basements can though).

FrostII, majoria70 and Anpu like this.
  6. Kelanor

Kelanor Avatar

Wow that is so cool. that is not what i expected. I didn't know you could actually pack a whole dang house away like that. wow.

Heck i might not even need a tax free deed then. I was just worried i would lose my house if i went innactive in the future. But if i can just pack my house away like that then that's awesome. Just pack it up right before you know you're gonna go on a break. lol

Thank you guys so much. :)

7. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

Tax free deeds certainly used to expire after a certain amount of time not playing the game, based on pledge level rather than unpaid taxes. Not sure whether that's still the case now that tax free deeds are available by other means but I would assume they don't remain claimed indefinitely if the owner isn't logging in. If that's your main reason for going tax-free, probably better to rethink it.

8. Lained

Lained Avatar

Even with tax free deeds the lot will expire after a prolonged period, the length of time can be determined by clicking on the lot stone/wooden sign marker. Expired lots no longer have their contents sent to the bank but get stored in the property manager so should this ever happen you can reclaim a lot and unpack the home just as you left it.

Anpu likes this.
  9. Kelanor

Kelanor Avatar

Neato, thank you for that information. :)

10. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

120 days for an upgraded to tax free deed

Vaentorian likes this.
  11. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Don't even need to go that far; if your lot expires, the house gets moved to the manager automatically. You may not be able to get the exact lot back when you return (if it was claimed by someone else during your absence) but you'll be able to restore the house to a new lot (of the same size in the same town) with a click or two.

Though, it will still cost COTOs to move a house in your manager to a new town.