Mob drop on Treasure maps

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Belladonna Rose, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Been hunting maps all over the place since Release day and I and a few others have notice that a couple of the mobs that one would think would drop them are not. I am not so much concerned about zombies and fauns but more interested in knowing about Ebon Dawn. There are many zones with them even random encounters that have Ebon and seems to me none of them are dropping maps. Just would like clarification if this is intended or if its being held over til next round of maps. Its a big wide world i know but with so many hunting maps it seems a missing piece for now.

Thanks and keep it up we are having fun

P.S. Fauns do drop maps. Found one today.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2023
    FrostII and Flair like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well hopefully treasure maps aren't mob drops to grind for. If that's the case the system is just like every other grind fest we get and disappointing.

Aurelius Silverson likes this.
  3. Belladonna Rose

Well everything is a grind. But this one is quite fun. Dont knock it til you try it. I am having fun hunting the maps down then going and digging them up. There are some who will go the extreme with it. But hey everyone has their playstyle. Some will just sell them on a vendor and so forth. And thats ok too. As long as everyone has fun with it.

FrostII likes this.
  4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I didn't set up the treasure map loot bundles, but I glanced over the data and saw Ebon Dawn humans are set up to drop treasure maps like other enemies. For example, a Tier 3 Ebon Dawn melee NPC has the same treasure map drop rate as a Tier 3 melee Bandit, Barbarian, Plunder, and Red Sash bandit. (Side note: Always keep in mind that some situation-specific NPCs may have different loot drop rates, such as wave battle NPCs in Control Points.)

5. Belladonna Rose

Yeah . As soon as i opened my mouth was told to post here someone said they got maps off Ebon Dawn. And then i ended up getting one off a faun. And i was told by Devilcult that the ones in wave battles of Control points were NOT suppose to drop maps. Also hear tell that frostgeists in South Broken Road were dropping maps. I went down in the mines and got two down there. So it is working. Just gotta jump start the spawns and build up the kills i guess like anything else for loot. Thanks for looking into it. I will shut my mouth and continue to slay everything in my path.
    Thank you kindly

6. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Sadly it is true that almost everything in SotA is a grind (although as Bella knows I've been heavily engaged in this particular grind and enjoyed it a lot, so far - but I fear it will, again, become boring over time) there is a missed opportunity here, treasure maps and rumours of hidden loot are perfect things to hear about in taverns, inns and docks from the NPCs there, and that's just not happening - and I fear never will. Clues and rumours pointing you to a place where you can find a map, or even a part of a map, would be a welcome change to 'kill several hundred something' and maybe get one.

Tirrag and majoria70 like this.
  7. Belladonna Rose

Unfortunately the drops are all in the hands of the RNG. My best advise is to just go about your normal routine and hope for the best. Just never know. As long as things go well and work as intended which i have seen is up for debate the next wave of maps should prove interesting. Cant wait to see what they do. There are so many scenes in Novia/Hidden Vale where they can drop treasure chests. I like the idea of getting folks out there visiting scenes for either the first time or just going back in and seeing what is there again. I have literally been in about every scene except a couple as i dont feel they make sense to have any treasure there. But there truly is NO want for places to hide a treasure. And i HOPE they decide to put some maps into fishing loot soonish as well. That would be awesome. Not so much POT fishing but actually go out in the world and fish in regular scenes. Trust me...there are places to fish. One only needs to look at my fishing tour list. Not the Pacu one but the other one i did.
    The opportunities are endless. But...yes always a but. I hope they NEVER add drops to control points. That would be bad for the system. Just my opinion. Folks need to get out and EXPLORE more and have fun doing it

8. that_shawn_guy

that_shawn_guy Bug Hunter