1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Game closes constantly

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Pan-Dimensional Being, Sep 29, 2023.

1. Lord Raven of Minoc

Lord Raven of Minoc Avatar

Thanks for the help/info. I usually have no issues with Linux updates but I'm not a big gamer... really only started playing SOTA and others when I got a new graphics card. I'm sure it will work itself out sooner or later.

2. Dysis

Dysis Avatar

Whatever it was, vanished when 120 arrived. The "game" is back to running smoothly, at 4k with max settings, and zero crashes:) Thank you both very much. We always appreciate the hard work and great customer service.

Ravalox and Alley Oop like this.
  3. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

@CICI Is this still occurring for you? I am not able to reproduce it.

4. CICI

CICI Avatar

5. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Great!

6. Lord Raven of Minoc

Lord Raven of Minoc Avatar

Problem solved... probably USER ERROR all along...

In the sound settings, FMOD Ex App was muted. Not sure when or why I did that. Maybe one of the Linux updates changed settings but more likely is I changed it around the time of the patch and Linux updates and didn't make the connection.

Thanks again for the quick reply.

Alley Oop likes this.
  7. Morkin

Morkin Bug Hunter

01/08/2024 05:49
    Title:Leaderboard: Performance
    Reproduction Rate: 3
    Blocker?
    Details:Open leaderboard, 1 day will be shown, change to 7 or 30 days the leaderboard starts loading data, but don't finish. This issue will be regogniced since January the 7th.
    Steps to Reproduce:Start leaderboard, change to 7 or 30 days
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 32693
    GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT GPU RAM: 12243
    SotA.Win.64.1693.Date.01.07.24
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Drachenfels
    Area Display Name: Drachenfels
    Loc: (17.3, 38.0, 62.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERyYWNoZW5mZWxzfCgxNy4zMDIsIDM3Ljk5NywgNjIuNTk4KXwoMCwgLTAuMTMxLCAwLCAtMC45OTEpfDM2Ny4zODY5fDM1LjIyNjI2fDkuMTEzMzE4

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Morkin, cannot replicate. you didn't say WHICH leaderboard you were having a problem with, but i just clicked through all three date ranges on all eight boards and they all loaded without pausing more than two seconds at most. is anyone else experiencing this?

9. Morkin

Morkin Bug Hunter

Hi Alley,
    it was the ingame leaderbord of any kind. but now it looks be fixed.
    I think there was a problem with the query on the database. 1 day was shown all other show loading.... .
    Now it is fixed and the leaderboard works fine again.
    Thank you.

Alley Oop likes this.
  10. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

01/20/2024 19:04
    1. Title: Unity crashes if attempting to play using Steam
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? Yes
    4. Details:
      - I don't often play through Steam, but tonight I tried logging in via Steam - first without actually logging in "through" Steam [i.e. log into Steam, click on game, when login screen comes up, play without playing 'through' Steam]. Within a couple of seconds I had a Unity Crash.
      - So next I tried again and chose to play 'through' Steam. Same thing, Unity Crash.
      - I suspected my Razer Cortex program was causing issues, so I ended that process and tried again - same thing, whether I tried to just log in or I tried to 'play through Steam.'
      - I rebooted my computer and tried again, both ways and continued to get the Unity Crash.
      - Thus, I have to assume that no one is able now to play through Steam? Or is this a terrible bug that no one has reported? [Or did I just not see the bug listed. But is seems pretty serious to me.]
      - Luckily, I *can* play via the desktop download. But I felt I should report this as I've seen no 'announcements' that Steam has decided to not allow gameplay through their app.
      - I went back to the desktop version to get this bug template which shows my machine's specs, as I thought you might need that for this type of bug.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Not certain if it's something wonky on my machine's end or if this would happen to anyone.
    6. User Specs:
      CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32590
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GPU RAM: 8003
      SotA.Win.64.1693.Date.01.07.24
      Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/Duanor
      Area Display Name: Duanor
      Loc: (-46.1, 24.3, 349.3)
      Debug: [Obviously this Debug won't be any help. But they *were* Unity crashes, so you should see them in your Unity logs? Within half an hour of this post. UE9UX21vdW50YWluX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8RHVhbm9yfCgtNDYuMDk2LCAyNC4yODYsIDM0OS4yODQpfCgwLCAtMC45OTEsIDAsIC0wLjEzNil8MTc4LjUzMzN8MzcuNTY1MTZ8Mi4xOTA1ODk=

11. Flair

Flair Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Sent to verify files through steam and corrected.

Raven Swiftbow likes this.
  12. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

And that fixed it! I just did not know that was a 'thing' or how to fix it. Thx, Flair!

Flair likes this.