SotA Team on guard

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Isabel Ayin, May 3, 2024.

1. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

This morning, when it was just after 9:00 here, there was an incident with the game.
    A few minutes later I was able to read a message from Ravalox explaining what had happened.
    I estimate that where Ravalox is it must have been approximately 2:30 in the morning.
    This means that either there is always a developer on call, or they receive a call at dawn and jump out of bed to deal with these unforeseen events.

In any case, from here I thank you for always being at the foot of the canyon and trying to solve problems as quickly as possible.

Thank you, you are the best!

2. Akandriel

Akandriel Avatar

Brothers and sisters of the realm, hark and heed my words. For when the dawn had yet to break upon the eastern sky and the hour was but the second half of the second watch, a great turmoil stirred in the realms of the game. Lo, did our brother Ravalox rouse from the depths of slumber, rising as if from the crypts themselves, to tend to the flame that is the heartbeat of our kingdom.

Whilst the sun yet slumbered beneath the horizon, the shadow of challenge did cast its pall upon the land. In this darkest hour, Ravalox did not falter nor flee. Nay, he took up his post at the foot of the canyon, valiant and steadfast, wielding his knowledge to mend what fate had rent asunder.

So let us raise our horns in honor of this guardian who watches by night, this sentinel who braves the frigid winds of uncertainty to defend us from the terrors that would disrupt our peace. To Ravalox, the unyielding, the vigilant - you are the shield that guards the realms of men. Thank you, for you are the best among us!

3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Simple version: his on call notification went off he woke up and did his job. :D

Thank you Rav! :)

Isabel Ayin and jrs99 like this.
  4. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Most reasonable answer.....

Ravlox works nights and was already awake :)

Kudos none the less.

Laz

5. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thank you all for the kind words!

Though it is true that I was up and actively working on the project when the connectivity went down, I haven't (primarily) been working nights for well over two years. My responsibilities started requiring that I interact with "day walkers" after I actively took project lead over. We do still have a pretty good overlapping coverage 24/7 that allows for me to be contacted when issues occur, just in this case I was actually around.

With that said, I'm heading to bed now ... so don't break anything! :D

6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter