SOTA - PVP Development and Hopes

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Cronic The BuDda, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jambot

Jambot Avatar

Yet they often seem to hate each other with a passion :rolleyes:

2. Cronic The BuDda

Cronic The BuDda Avatar

All too often these forums begin to divide the masses. If we cannot both concede that their are at least two types of groups hoping for more of the "same" we will not get much either. Let's all just agree that things should be as innovative as the original UO based model (even amount of things we like or dislike), and build on it...not by the $$$ signs, but by what further increases our desire for a immersive/captivating world for years to come.

As long as we CAN choose to do it by PVP and crafting/pve/houses/community and MOST importantly...a valid/balanced ECONOMY (All PVPERS want loot to prove their value to others) we will be good.

Last thing I will say on this economy model (probably as important as PVP) is to check out this model.

http://www.mine-control.com/zack/uoecon/uoecon.html

Thank you.

3. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

he said Ultima not Ultima online and that is where a huge amount of the confusion and butt hurt seems to be coming from.

They have said almost at every video they are not making a traditional MMO. This is an adventure story with elements of online play. Stop thinking of it being done like ESO or UO and some people maybe start to lessen their blood colored vision.

I'd suggest people also stop asking for things that are not going to happen soon, if ever, and help make positive suggestions for something comparable to the laid out vision because even if they do change the core mechanics designed, it is going to be a long while in the making.

I don't see that happening right away as they want everyone to try their version first.

4. Jambot

Jambot Avatar

Errr... I'm sorry... what ?

I was merely joking about the fact that this community which should be tied together by it's love of Ultima (or rather Ultimas) often ends up jumping at each other's throats for petty reasons.

You seem to have found a lot of implications that weren't in my post, but as it has apparently annoyed you, I apologize if my message seemed sarcastic.

5. PaCOatlanticBaja

PaCOatlanticBaja Avatar

Ok the more i think about this game n the deck based skills witch will take r eyes off the screen n the loot n what i think is gonna be a very low percent of pvp areas i think me n my guild are gonna play archeage i hope you all enjoy youre game n i hope it does well. For the other pvpers that are looking for a open world player ran economy player housing guild housing n crafting check this out .. the closes thing to pre tram uo n from what critics say better! N IT BEAUTIFUL n who doesnt wanna fly aroumd whenever you want.. n pkers are pirates. I can go on n on but this vid explains it all. Thank you for the months of good convos.i wish you all luck. N it wasnt a total waste of time I foumd my guild that will also be playimg archeage instead love u all..brit n blackthorn thank you for trying to rebuild what we use to have I no its hard these days and we all cant be happy. http://m.youtube.com/results?q=archeage online gameplay&sm=1

6. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

You will have that already, the thing that gets me is.....PVE have PVE already, So why complain? You already have what you want, so why not let others enjoy the game they play? I as a PVP play PVP and also do the quests set forth by the game set up, only difference is (I) can be ganked in PVP! I will do all the same stuff you guys do but i will also have to look out for others that wish to gank me, while doing all that! I dont wish to force my play style upon anyone! In turn i would expect the same from PVE, but somewhere there is a broken pipeline PVP does not mean that i personally will roll up on a weak opponent (waste of time really!) to me, when i could be in higher level areas getting good stuff OR fighting somone as good as I! Just dont flag PVP if you dont want to thats the solution that seems to be over looked by a lot, not all of PVE. Why complain about our play style if you dont want to participate? you have options, you have your game you want! So why try and make us play your game style only? We will be doing everything you will, just we will be in PVP and you wont. Ive already been shot over and over! But since im PVP im pretty used to it! and im ok with you having your play style!

Cronic The BuDda and mmjarec like this.
  7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

He also said a spiritual successor to UO as well, in one of his videos if not the same one, and yet i see nothing so far of a spiritual successor of UO! really i don't, if you do enlighten me! Also understand that UO is not the only "mishap" in video games he has had, a little research can go a long way! Google Richard Garriot games. I dont know why but some did fail. thats above my pay grade!

8. Aegis159

Aegis159 Avatar

Oh come on now blaquerogue, you honestly can't see similarities? Things like the housing? The crafting? The moongates (even if they're not called that)? The Virtues? The (soon to be) fishing? Let alone the setting and all the visual queues? There are plenty of aspects that say "Ultima Online", but since other games have also emulated the same type of feature it doesn't count anymore?

Fox Cunning likes this.
  9. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

Well rift has housing so you couldxsay its similar to rift too. Charging real money for them puts them in a leagueof their own. I rlly dont know what RG is thinking wanting and trying to make it where virtual houses has real world value as the economy is still weak and pll habe mouths to feed and habits to endulge

blaquerogue likes this.
  10. Aegis159

Aegis159 Avatar

That's my point mmjarec, others have done it, but UO did it first!

The houses are only being sold now as a means of funding the game. They've said that you don't have to purchase one now, you can purchase one in-game once the game goes live. But it will take you time to save up the gold, let alone the gold for the lot deed, which will be harder to get than a house. So it comes down to how much your time is worth if you're in a hurry to get the house. How many hours in-game do you think it'll take to earn the gold for the lot and house?

11. Veylen The AenigmA

Its been said many times by us and Lb chances are there wont be houses left at launch. Also i supposeted paid housing up to 2 million now its 3 at this point i find it hard to see how such a small title could cost so much so paying for housing is likely now going to bonus checks

12. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

oh yeah moongate looks familiar!
    fishing is just a pass time
    so the only thing in comparison to UO is the moongate thing, LB, and the take off of Britain (Brittany)
    Oh yeah the trammel aspect i see that but apparently thats when UO when down hill (caution)
    still dont see enough!
    and the creator is one spiritual successor

what games i see similar..and this ones flaws

crafting is too much crafting (personally i dont want to be a master crafter)
    visual queues? i dont see any
    minecraft
    the new crafting game on kick starter (oh yeah there is a game based solely on crafting!) dont know the name but it was shown to me and i found it really boring!
    farmville (lol)
    WOW type cartoon (but im really ok with that)
    I dont think there is any game out there that has character customization as lame as here (i know its in the works)
    Virtues? we dont really know much about that yet! (suppose i kill off Pkrs, am i virtuous?)
    the expense is also a turn off so far
    well the housing is totally different, cant make it the way you want (customization)
    Still stuck with only one type of character to play! humans (boring)
    card tricks (how can you work skills so hard, not to be good at it when you need it????? Still dont understand that, if your a crafter only and im a warrior only i will trump you in battle all the time (you have no fighting skill) and if you and i craft against each other you will always win from your hard practice at it! ( i have no skill in crafting) but like ive always said you could profit from me needing repairs or new armor and weapons.

youll have to be a little more specific on the spirit of UO, and if thats the case that you have to dig and dig to find something barely comparable then like i said not a successor at all of UO!

i think the other side of the track should just be happy they have 90% of the game in their favor, and accept it, like i have accepted that this will not be the open PVP world i wish it was, ill suck it up and drive on, and over come or just plain leave. its that simple, but since i too invested in the game i will play it even if it means i need to stay in single player online, or very partial PVP
    Is it so hard to accept victory???

13. Veylen The AenigmA

Similarities i would consider something that only those two titles share not something shared amongst the whole genre

14. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Since this thread has veered off it's original topic to something completely non-pvp related, I am locking it. If you wish to give PvP feedback, do so in the PvP/Death mega post here: PVP & Death: Current Thinking Megapost.

If you wish to discuss similarities to other games or other various topics not related to PvP, there are plenty of other threads for that.

Ned888 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.