Steam Key Pledge Drive Giveaway! Pledge more and win games!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Astrobia, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jin

Jin Avatar

PS: Thanks for the game :> I skipped on the batman games and always think about picking them up

2. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Forwarded my pledge ~smiles~ doubtful it even has a chance but as Astrobia mentioned - even the smallest amount counts. So even if you don't think yours will count, submit it anyway, it is nice to see just how much we as a community can gather even in these last days before the 1 year anniversary!

and as for the trivia part, GREAT idea, i think i will spend more money just to be able to buy up more trivia questions, keep Astorbia busy :p =^.^=

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Logain

Logain Avatar

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Thank you for Batman Gotham City! I will get it redeemed tonight. :)

Redeemed. :)

The One and Time Lord like this.
  5. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

Nice job, Astrobia. *thumbs up*

6. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Posting late today. Dozed off and over slept.
    $417 raised today. Total raised $4149.
    Congrats to Amaranthus who really went all out to claim the big winner spot today, you claimed Mark of Ninja. Also congrats to Amberraine who is the first to claim one of Lordy's titles who won a runner up position today, that should hopefully be on it's way soon.
    No congratulations for the 3 runners up who didn't enter today. :-/
    We are due for 5 runners up tomorrow plus we currently stand at 4 additional unclaimed slots... We have not had 10 backers in a single day to date, so anyone considering joining in, now is the time to do it, as you are pretty much guaranteed a game selection, even with cheap addon store item.

As for Belgeran's selection and the trivia contest. As R4 is comming up we are thinking of holding it in game. Details pending, later today.

7. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Thank you Astrobia and Lordy, very quick on this. And everything is very smooth!!

For those are worried their amounts are to small, definately worth the chance ~smiles~

~pads off to spend more money so she can create more chaos for Astrobia in form of trivia~ ;)

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Amaranthus

Amaranthus Avatar

Thanks a lot for Mark of the Ninja! It got so enthusiastic reviews, I can't wait to try it out. Once the current SotA alpha window closes again, that is! ;)

rild likes this.
  9. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Okay so here's the plan.

On Sunday the 30th at 8pm Austin CST we will be holding a trivia contest in the lord of the manors castle in Owls Head. The prize is selection from the basic list complements of Belgeran.
    The trivia contest will consist of 5 topics of 5 questions each. The topics are Lands of Old, Origin History, Portalarium, New Britannian Lore, SotA Gameplay.
    We are going to try avoid spoilers in the lore section. Gameplay section is based on information as best we know it at time of writing.
    Different questions will have different point values, first person to correctly answer the question after it is asked gets the points, not sure if we'll list the values at the time due to time constraints. Hopefully the contest should be under an hour.
    There will also be an elimination question in the case of a draw.
    Due to the way instancing works try to join at least half an hour before it contest starts, add "Astron Astrobia" to your friends list and contact me in the IRC chat to get added to my party to help you try join us if you are having trouble getting in.

At current we have left over slots from previous days. If you would like to claim one of these slots and offer it a trivia prize instead of taking it for yourself, make that clear in your entry email. At present I think we will make them runner up prizes in the in game contest. After R4 ends we will hold further contests in the IRC.

10. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Well today was interesting. $230 in entrants, $4379 raised total. We had an increase in the number entrants but every single one of them mucked up their entries list.
    Still it "mostly" worked out. Today's big winners is... Roger36/Velcro (not sure which is his community name as he listed both) who wins the Civ 5 Gods and Kings expansion. Runners up we have Devis who claims Duke Nukem Forever from Lordy and Marcus86ed who get's Civ 4 complete. Toreador also won a runners up spot but didn't list any games so has been forwarded an email asking for his selection. Those that got civ titles have been forwarded their game claim links. Devis, Lordy will be getting in touch with you shortly.
    (Edit: Toreador got back to me an has claimed the AI War collection)
    2 runners up spots were left over bringing the total to 6.
    If we start getting overflow of entries again I'll probably start handing those out on a first come first serve basis. In the meantime they are up for grabs for anyone who wants to sponsor trivia contests giveaways, for any price. :p

11. Roger36

Roger36 Avatar

Thanks Astrobia I got my Civ5 expansion! Keep up the good work:)

I really want to change my forum name to Velcro!

12. Toreador

Toreador Avatar

This is great. Thanks so much!

I got AI War to play with.

13. Sansa

Sansa Avatar

Confirmation forwarded for 1 upgrade pledge today.

14. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Well it's been an interesting day. We've had another massive influx of new backers... After several days of having a distinct lack of entries a horde have all come through at once. Seems for what ever reason people find the capacity to pledge and enter in fits and starts. If that is an accurate assessment it is going to make things complicated going forward under the current giveaway design... But that doesn't matter, what matter is today was a good day new backers.

$563 raised by entrants today bringing the total to $4942 assuming my maths is right. Given the number of entrants today it doesn't seem like a huge amount compared to some other days where we saw large pledge upgrades, but I'm hoping many of you new backers will enter the contest again after seeing the potential benefits of likewise upgrading your pledges now you've got your foot in to test the waters. :p

I was also tickled to see today's big winner's name is SotA Museum, who claims Sid Meiers Ace Patrol. The runners up... Well... Cyrian claims Mirrors edge, Draken-Savage gets Space Pirates and Zombies, Pyro nl gets Dead Space and Sundagger gets Nuclear Dawn. I would also like to thank those entrants for listing multiple selections by priority as requested, since there were several cases where their first choices fell through due to an earlier or higher entrant and this makes it much easier to sort out getting you your games sooner. Brother MgDee additionally generously offers up his selection to the community to be won in a trivia contest, we will probably add this as a runners up prize for the in game contest we will be holding Sunday evening. Our final runner up was Zeno68 but they failed to list any games with their entry. Emails with claim instructions have been sent to the winners except Zeno68 who has been sent one asking for his selection if any.
    Also for a change there were more entries today then slots... Highly tempted use that 6 left of slots for those entrants but they all failed to submit their games list correctly (either by only selecting one game that was already claimed, or failing to list any games at all). Also concerned about the left over entrants from the first day who technically should get those slots first. I need to calculate how many left over entrants there have been in the contest total and when/if the number of left over slots matches that number perhaps everyone who's entered can have a prize.

Amaranthus likes this.
  15. Floors

Floors Avatar

Wow cool idea

16. Sansa

Sansa Avatar

Code worked. Thank you very much!

17. Haukeye

Haukeye Avatar

Sent in my pledge email :)

18. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

$340 in entrants today. Total raised $5282.

Today's big winner is Hauk who gets Take on Helicopters. Runners up who listed their desired games correctly are Canterbury who gets Starforge, Tsopheh who gets Lara Croft and the guardian of light (Lordy will handle those 2 shortly) and Amber Raine who offered up here prize to tomorrows (well today's now) trivia contest. The other runners up (Phyxion, VCQBR, Braveheart, and All-For-One) did not list their game selections and will be emailed asking for their selections shortly. No overflow today. The number of entrants matched exactly the number of slots available.
    Tomorrow the number of runners up goes up to 8... So those game will start to disappear fast. I know some of you have been holding out to upgrade your pledges until the last week. Well it's the last week. :p

I also hope to see you all tomorrow in game at the first trivia contest sponsored by Belgeran, brother MgDee and Amber Raine: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/trivia-of-the-avatar.8778
    As their game selections were won first (some many days in advance in some cases) the trivia winners will get to make their selection before tomorrows pledge winners... So please make sure you list at least 5 games in your desired game list.

19. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Thank you very much! :)

20. pyro nl

pyro nl Avatar

thx for the steamgame :)

a nice bonus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.