Steam Key Pledge Drive Giveaway! Pledge more and win games!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Astrobia, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Grand Total Raised: $18483! IT'S OVER!

Final Edit: Hey everyone just an update on what's been going on. The short of it is health issues have prevented me from managing and organising all the necessary trivia contest to give away the remaining prizes. Still let's not be disheartened. At time of writing all the keys from the original give away have been forwarded to the grand prize winner Lord Gregoir. He will be taking his pick of those an forwarding the remaining games from the list below to Amber Raine, as will I. This means close to 200 games have been given away so far but more are to come. In addition those titles been forwarded onto Amber Raine I will be donating additional game keys to Avatar Radio (maybe over 100) to be used in community contests and giveaways she and her crew will put together.

As you might be able to tell from the fact I have half as many games to giveaway again as when the contest ended my acquisition of new titles to giveaway has not slowed. I will still run trivia contests at some point in the future when my health improves and there will no doubt be new titles to win. In the mean time I thought it would be best the current collection of keys get into the SotA communities hands to spread the love while I'm out of commission.
    For those prize winners who generously donated their winnings back into the pool to keep the fun going you will be accredited for your contribution when Avatar Radio when your winnings are passed on in one of their contests. When I do run trivia contests myself you will be noted again. I just wanted to make sure credit was given where due in the meantime.

That's it for me from the moment. Don't forget to tune into Avatar Radio for chances to win more games and have fun with other SotA fans in the near future.

OLD INFO:
    The giveaway is over but there are still trivia contests to be had. I will try to leave most of the original post in tact for posterity (or something probably integrity), but I will be butchering the games list over the next couple of day and moving it to the top here for the trivia winners benefit.
    Trivia Prize List: <under construction>
    A virus names Tom ---------------------------------------------- Available
    AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!for the Awesome -------- Available
    And Yet It Moves ------------------------------------------------ Available
    Anomaly Warzone Earth ---------------------------------------- Available
    Arma Cold War Assault ----------------------------------------- Available (From Lordy)
    Atom Zombie Smasher ------------------------------------------ Available
    Audiosurf --------------------------------------------------------- Available
    Basement Collection --------------------------------------------- Available
    Beat Hazard Ultra (Photo Sensitivity Warning) ---------------- Available
    Bit.Trip Runner -------------------------------------------------- Available
    Bundle(Uplink, Darwinia, Multiwinia, Defcon) --- Available
    Capsized ---------------------------------------------------------- Available
    Cortex Command ------------------------------------------------ Available
    Dear Esther ------------------------------------------------------- Available
    Dear Esther ------------------------------------------------------- Available
    Defcon ------------------------------------------------------------ Available (From Lordy)
    Dungeon Land -------------------------------------------------- Available
    Dust An Elysian Tail ------------------------------------------- Available
    Dustforce ------------------------------------------------------- Available
    Enclave --------------------------------------------------------- Available
    Eversion -------------------------------------------------------- Available
    Fez ------------------------------------------------------------- Available
    Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood ---------------------------- Available
    Geneforge Saga (5 games) ------------------------------------ Available
    Gish ------------------------------------------------------------ Available
    Gotham City Imposters -------------------------------------- Available
    Gratuitous Space Battles ------------------------------------- Available
    Gratuitous Tank Battles -------------------------------------- Available
    Gun Monkeys ------------------------------------------------- Available
    Hacker Evolution --------------------------------------------- Available
    Hacker Evolution Untold ------------------------------------- Available
    Half Life 2 Ep1: ------------------------------------------------ Available
    Hotline Miami ------------------------------------------------- Available
    Humble #3 (AYIM, Cogs, VVVVVV, Hemmerfight, Crayon Physics Dx) --- Available
    Hydrophobia Prophecy --------------------------------------- Available
    Indie Game The Movie --------------------------------------- Available
    Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World ------------------------ Available
    Kairo ----------------------------------------------------------- Available
    Kairo ----------------------------------------------------------- Available
    Limbo ---------------------------------------------------------- Available
    Little Inferno -------------------------------------------------- Available
    Little Inferno -------------------------------------------------- Available
    McPixel -------------------------------------------------------- Available
    Monday Night Combat --------------------------------------- Available
    Neighbours From Hell Compilation ------------------------- Available
    Offspring fling ------------------------------------------------ Available
    Portal ---------------------------------------------------------- Available
    Puzzle Kingdoms ---------------------------------------------- Available
    Razor2: Hidden Skies ----------------------------------------- Available
    Retro/Grade -------------------------------------------------- Available
    Rochard ------------------------------------------------------- Available
    Rock of Ages -------------------------------------------------- Available
    Secret of the magic crystals ---------------------------------- Available
    Sequence ------------------------------------------------------ Available
    Serious Sam HD First Encounter ---------------------------- Available
    Serious Sam HD First Encounter ---------------------------- Available
    Serious Sam HD Second Encounter ------------------------- Available
    Shank --------------------------------------------------------- Available
    Shank 2 ------------------------------------------------------- Available
    Skyward Collapse --------------------------------------------- Available
    Snapshot ------------------------------------------------------- Available
    SpaceChem ---------------------------------------------------- Available
    SpaceChem + DLC -------------------------------------------- Available
    Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery EP ------------------------ Available
    Symphony ---------------------------------------------------- Available
    The Adventures of Shuggy ----------------------------------- Available
    The Dark Eye Chains of Satinav ---------------------------- Available
    The Showdown Effect ---------------------------------------- Available
    Thomas was alone ------------------------------------------- Available
    Thomas was alone ------------------------------------------- Available
    Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers -------------------------- Available
    Tower Wars --------------------------------------------------- Available
    Universe Sandbox -------------------------------------------- Available

<Original Posting>
    We are in the final leg of the founder campaign and rapidly approaching April 7th cut off. It's time to finalise those pledges. Stretch goals or not Portalarium needs our support now to make this game as awesome as it can possibly be. So lets all dig deep and make one final push to get funding in their hands while it's still early enough for them to use it for episode 1's development.

To do my part I'm holding a small contest. I have accumulated a LOT of spare steam keys over the years and now to encourage everyone to pledge more I'm offering them up as prizes for you all to win. I will be giving out 6 games every day between now and April 6th (leaving April 7th free for Portalarium's own promotions). Here's how it works...

To enter:
    1. Support the game! You can either...
    a. Make a new pledge.
    b. Or get a founders pledge from the player marketplace for better value.
    c. Upgrade an existing pledge. (Click upgrade)
    d. Buy some things from the addon store.
    Or some combination of the above options.​

2. Forward me the payment confirmation email you receive from Portalarium!
    a. Change the subject line to your forum name and the amount of you spent on your pledge.
    b. Above the confirmation, make a prioritised list of the games would you would most like to win from the basic list, equal in length to the number of runners up for that day.
    c. Declare which game you would like if you are the highest pledger for that day.
    d. Forward to edufunment@gmail.com your confirmation email with the above additions.​

3. Participate in this thread!
    a. Come back here the next day to see if you won and check your email for your steam key.
    b. Post in the thread to let everyone know when you've successfully claimed your prize.​

(there is an example of these steps at the bottom of the thread)

Each day between now and the end of April 6th (Austin CST) I will work out the totals and post them along with the winners for that day. Below are two list of games, the basic list and the premium list. The highest bidder each day will be able to pick a game from the premium list or the basic list, the runners up get a game from the basic list. Each day I will add an additional runner up position. So on the first day there will be one big winner and one runner up. On the second day there will be one big winner and two runners up. This will continue until the last day of the contest at which point there will be one big winner and fifteen runners up (also a grand winner).

Winners will be emailed keys and redemption instructions in order of the highest amount of money put down that day and will receive the highest game still available on their list when their turn comes up (there is no random chance in this giveaway, biggest pledgers win first come first serve). Those games will then be crossed off the lists. This means the most popular games will get selected early so it's better to pledge sooner rather then wait till closer to the April 6th cut off to finalise your pledge. As an added bonus the grand winner (the person who pledges the most between now and close of the competition one April 6th) will receive any games left over at the end in addition to any other they already won.

Basic list (Multiple entries means multiple copies to be won):

A New Beginning ----- CLAIMED! (Tekronos has two of these to look forward to when SotA comes out)
    A valley Without Wind 1 & 2 ----- CLAIMED! (Deeskrad knows how to keep warm)
    Ai War ----- CLAIMED! (KReverri might miss the DLC but has a lot to play with regardless)
    AI War Collection ----- CLAIMED! (Toreador has a vast universe to assimilate)
    Amnesia Dark Decent ----- CLAIMED! (Try not to make Boom Boom Bom)
    Antichamber ----- CLAIMED! (Mitch stole it at the last tick of time with his word game win)
    Avadon the black fortress ----- CLAIMED! (Logain has a slow start but strong finish ahead of him)
    Avernum Escape from the pit ----- CLAIMED! (Jesaj won exile to a dank cave full of fungus)
    Bastion ----- CLAIMED! (Welvan will enjoy listening to the boy's tale)
    Bastion ----- CLAIMED! (Welvan enjoyed it so much he claimed the second copy for some reason)
    Batman Arkham Asylum ----- CLAIMED (Ryohma saved Gotham at the last possible second)
    Burnout Paradise ----- CLAIMED! (Electropulse takes one of the more popular late items)
    Cave Story+ ----- CLAIMED! (Welvan chose well, but there may be tears)
    Civilization 4 complete ----- CLAIMED! (Marcus86ed should download the master of mana mod for extra fun)
    Dead Space ----- CLAIMED! (This space no longer available, Pyro nl killed it)
    Delve Deeper +DLC ----- CLAIMED! (Ryvaeus has mining to do)
    Deponia ----- CLAIMED! (No surprise being a wiki editor Fenyx4 was the most competent competitor)
    Deponia ----- CLAIMED! (Carvah seeks adventure)
    Disciples III: Renaissance ----- CLAIMED! (Bom is disciplined about claiming more than one prize)
    Dream Pinball 3D ----- CLAIMED! (Tragics took 8 days to live the dream)
    Dungeon Defenders +DLC ----- CLAIMED! (Buggy returns for some Co-Op fun)
    Edna & Harvey Harvey's New Eyes ----- CLAIMED! (Jammet takes claim after the contest ends)
    Expeditions Conquistador ----- CLAIMED! (The Fox is visiting many new lands)
    Expeditions Conquistador ----- CLAIMED! (Duke Gregoirs penultimate victory)
    Faster Than Light (FTL) ----- CLAIMED! (InterSlayer got a free upgrade)
    Fez ----- CLAIMED! (Jobasi's youngling has puzzling ahead)
    Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD ----- CLAIMED! (Aduin due to make crests for spaceships)
    Guacamelee Gold ----- CLAIMED! (Alien Marcus will have fun in that mask)
    Hacker Evolution Duality ----- CLAIMED! (Greagoir claims a small game for a small entry)
    Half Life 2: ----- CLAIMED! (witty commentary pending...)
    Legends of Aethureus ----- CLAIMED! (Synapse is glad I backed the kickstarter)
    Mark of the Ninja ----- CLAIMED! (Amaranthus removed this game from sight)
    Mirrors Edge ----- CLAIMED! (Cyrian avoided 7 years bad luck to walk this edge)
    Monaco ----- CLAIMED! (Mitch thinks this is a steal)
    Mortal Kombat Kollection ----- CLAIMED! (Amaranthus did not get perfect, but wins nether the less)
    Nuclear Dawn ----- CLAIMED! (When Sundagger rises the nukes will fall)
    Portal ----- CLAIMED! (The Larper come in late to get the first second)
    Portal 2 ----- CLAIMED! (The Larper gets a British personality sphere to play with)
    POSTAL ----- CLAIMED! (Buggy is glad it's not the sequels)
    Saints Row 3 with DLC ----- CLAIMED! (Korvash won it fair and square)
    Scribblenauts Unlimited ----- CLAIMED! (Dermott if I'm still spelling your name wrong it's still just because...)
    Serious Sam HD Second Encounter ----- CLAIMED! (Bom did not point out I've had this misspelt all this time)
    Sid Meiers Ace Patrol ----- CLAIMED! (SotA Museum due to catalogue some avionics)
    Solar 2 ----- CLAIMED! (MonkeySmack blew up the sun)
    Space Pirates and Zombies ----- CLAIMED! (Where they're going no one can hear Draken-Savage moan)
    System Shock 2 ----- CLAIMED! (L-l-lo-look at you Bimmer running through my contest to claim this)
    Take on Helicopters ----- CLAIMED! (Hauk best avoid flying into the rotors)
    The Bridge ----- CLAIMED! (Xaronzon's entry got lost like their character in the bridge will)
    The Dream Machine Chap1-3 ----- CLAIMED! (Ghost Zero probably didn't dream he'd win this)
    The Swapper ----- CLAIMED! (FXguy came close but didn't win the trivia, he wins a great game with a pledge instead)
    Trine 2 ----- CLAIMED! (Boosh must wonder if trine 2 equals 6 or 9)
    UFO Afterlight ----- CLAIMED! (Pyro nl wins twice, out of this world)
    War Of The Roses ----- CLAIMED! (Gregoir plans to claim everything)
    Warlock ----- CLAIMED! (Duke Greagoir should be informed they are making a sequel)

Premium Items:
    Bundle(Tropico4 & Jagged Alience BIA) ----- CLAIMED! (The Doctor wants to sabotage his own rule as El Presidente)
    Bundle(Crayon Physics Deluxe, Aquaria, Dungeons of Dredmor) ----- CLAIMED! (Duke Gregoir claims everything!)
    Bundle(LIMBO, Amnesia, Sword & Sworcery, Psychonauts) ----- CLAIMED! (The Larper seeks the twisted darkness)
    Bundle(Overlord II, DiRT Showdown, DiRT 3) ----- CLAIMED! (Duke Gregoir claims everything!)
    Bundle(The guild2, Red Faction:A, Supreme comander) ----- CLAIMED! (Duke Gregoir claims everything!)
    Bundle(Uplink, Darwinia, Multiwinia, Defcon) ----- CLAIMED! (Duke Gregoir claims everything!)
    Bundle(Vessel, Torchlight, Rochard, S.P.A.Z., Shatter) ----- CLAIMED! (Duke Gregoir claims everything!)
    Bundle(Wizorb, BIT.T.RUNNER, GratuitSpaceBat, Jamestown) ----- CLAIMED! (Duke Gregoir claims everything!)
    Bundle Frozenbyte(Jack claw, Trine, Shadgrnds) ----- CLAIMED! (Duke Gregoir claims everything!)
    Humble #2(Braid, Cortex Com', Machinarium, osmos, RotT) ----- CLAIMED! (Duke Gregoir claims everything!)

Humble 8(Dear Esther, Thomas WA, Capsized, Awesomenauts, Little Inferno) ----- CLAIMED! (Duke Gregoir claims everything!)
    Telltale Bundle(BttF, Sam&Max, Poker Night, Hector, Puzzle Agents, Wallace & G') ------ CLAIMED! (Randy claims a fine prize indeed)
    Batman Arkham City ------ CLAIMED! (Lord Greagoir will be spending a lot of time in virtual cities)
    ARMA 2 w/ Operation Arrowhead ----- CLAIMED! (I'm betting Stray actually wants to play with zombies)
    Carrier Command Gaea Mission ----- CLAIMED! (MrTheFish wants to swim with the battleships)
    Civilization 5 ----- CLAIMED! (Miracle Dragon takes the thrown at the last minute)
    Civ 5 God and Kings Expansion ----- CLAIMED! (Roger36/Velcro finally has content that should have been included at launch)

Additional information:
    I'm posting this thread 12 hours early to give people a chance to find it. The first drawing (for presumably the two most popular games) will be on midnight Sunday the 23rd Austin Texas time (CST). Any pledges between now and then will be counted for the first day.

Premium items are based on approximate value at time of writing. Yes they are mostly bundles, but ones which are no longer available. Also remember a premium winner can choose to pick from the basic list instead and gets the first pick for that day.

Ties will be broken via time of pledge. You can win multiple times by pledging more on additional days. The grand prize will be based on the total of all your pledges across all days of the competition. Coupons, referrals or other bonuses do not count, just actual money pledged to Portalarium. Pledges to Portalarium for Shroud of the Avatar are non-refundable.

Regarding payment plans, yes you could enter the contest with one... You would be accredited the value paid to Portalarium on the given day of a transfer (forward that confirmation email), not the total for the plan over X number of months.

Note I am not an affiliate of Portalarium and I receive no benifit for running this giveaway. I just want to help encourage as many people as possible get on board and fuel the development of this project.

A steam account is required to claim all of these titles, installing the steam client is needed to download all of them as well. Whether or not Steam is required to be installed and running after the game is installed depends entirely on the game. The steam service is free.

The telltale bundle and bundles listed as "Humble" are the actual full humble bundles, not just the associated steam keys. I don't know if the bundles include the beat the average price games, which is why they are not listed. Assume they don't and don't be disappointed.

I also encourage everyone to do their own promotions to draw attention to Shroud of the Avatar and post the promotions on as many other locations across the internet as they can. Let's find the New Britannians who haven't heard about the campaign yet!

Additions:
    Thanks to Lordy's contribution expanding the number of games to be given away, periodically (though not at random) I will announce a bonus runner up, the lucky underdog. This will be the first person each day that enters at the lowest pledge level and has one of Lordy's basic titles in their wanted games list.
    So don't feel disheartened because your contribution to SotA isn't the largest, you still have a chance to win.

This giveaway has been design to encourage people to pledge early rather then wait to later (as the sooner Portalarium has the funds the more they can do with them before launch). To that end your entry will be based on the day your entry email is received. So as long as your pledge was made any time after the giveaway started, you can sit on it and enter at a later date (But don't wait to long, the longer you wait the faster the most popular games disappear from the list).

We have added the option to give your game selection up in place of offering it as a prize to the community in trivia contests. If you don't want a steam game but still want to contribute this is a great way to do so. Just say you want to sponsor a round of trivia instead of picking a game when you make your entry.
    Next trivia contest: Compliments of Belgeran, brother MgDee and Amberraine will be held in game on Sunday the 30th in the LotM Castle in Owlshead at 8pm Austin CST. Check this thread https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/trivia-of-the-avatar.8778/ for more details.

2. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

:) I only have internet at work or on my phone. I hope we don't need a steam account to play the single player portion of this game.

I do plan on reconnecting with the net to play the mmo part of SotA.

I haven't played a computer game released in the past 5 years because they all assume an internet connected home computer will be used.

3. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Not sure what that has to do with the topic but even if SotA is released on steam that doesn't necessarily mean you need steam running to play it. Whether or not a game uses steams online only DRM is entirely up to the developers of that game and a huge number of games on the steam library don't need it at all.

Logain and Bodhbh Dearg like this.
  4. licemeat

licemeat Avatar

Wow ..pretty cool of you. I just got all my friends who would pledge to pledge last week so I'm out of people. Hope this works out!

Logain likes this.
  5. Lordy

Lordy Avatar

Astrobia,
    i'll join you...you can add to the gift list those titles from me:

LA Noire
    Duke Nukem Forever
    Arma Cold War Assault
    Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
    Defcon
    Starforge
    sid Meier Civilization V
    Grand theft auto III

Just please let me know in private where i need to ship the gifts...as i don't have time to check the list my own
    i really hope this works

Cheers community

3devious, Logain, monxter and 4 others like this.
  6. Synapse

Synapse Avatar

I pledged once.

Koldar likes this.
  7. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

That's great Lordy! I need to think of the best way to incorporate them into the list so it doesn't cause logistics problems... Perhaps just a second list with a small disclaimer that there might be some delays while we sort swapping the details.

Lordy and Koldar like this.
  8. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

I hate double posting but in this case I'm going to make an exception. Day 1 is over. Tallying up results now...

Okay the results are in:
    Today's big winner is Synapse who decided he wanted Legends of Aerthureus if was today's big winner, so all the premium items remain for another day.
    And our first runner up is Welvan who win a copy of Bastion and was very lucky as I'll explain in a moment.
    Winners have been emailed their keys. Hopefully we'll see them post after successfully claiming them soon.

There were $240 in entrants today. Not a big number for out first day.

Also worth noting every entrant did so with an adventurer pledge. Given most the money raised since the kickstarter has been people upgrading existing pledges, it's gratifying to see an influx of new members to the community. What is more worth noting though is I saw at least 4 other people who did not enter to competition on the pretence they didn't pledge enough to have a chance at winning, at a time when I know that had they entered they would have claimed the runner up slot. So no doubt Welvan thanks you for your pessimism.
    With more runners up being added each day don't hesitate to jump in. You never know what your odds are. :p

Additional developments:
    Days 2 has started and another runner up slot has been added. Entries should now list at least 3 games to qualify.

I would also like thank Lordly for throwing in his collection of spare games into the hat. They'll be a little more awkward to distribute but still more games available to give away means more potential winners... The goal of this promotion is to encourage people to pledge more and to encourage new potential members to take the plunge... So in light of that and above developments I'm adding a new way to win.

Periodically (and not at random, but I'm not going to announce the dates) I will announce a bonus runner up, the lucky underdog. This will be the first person each day that enters at the lowest pledge level and has one of Lordy's basic titles in their wanted games list.
    So don't feel disheartened because your contribution to SotA isn't the largest. Every little bit helps and gives you a chance to win. (Thanks once again to Lordy for his generosity)

Also at least one person pledged today but didn't get their entry email sent until after the daily cut off. Don't stress. The giveaway has been design to encourage people to pledge early rather then wait to later (as the sooner Portalarium has the funds the more they can do with them before launch). To that end your entry will be based on the day your entry email is received. So as long as your pledge was made any time after the giveaway started, you can sit on it and enter at a later day (But don't wait to long, the longer you wait the faster the most popular games disappear from the list).

Logain, Koldar, Lordy and 2 others like this.
  9. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Email sent... ah, damn.

10. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Don't panic. Read the update to the post above yours. :p

I'd also like to welcome all the new backers to the community.

Hopefully we'll see some of you enter the giveaway a second time when you upgrade you pledge.

I strongly recommend the Explorer level pledges. They include all 5 episodes of the game. For context, an episode is both a sequel and an expansion depending on who you look at it. Each one will have a longer singleplayer story campaign and expand the map of the multiplayer sandbox by more than the previous release. To give a sense of scale the first episode you get with a basic pledge has a 40+ hour story campaign and it's map is 1/9th of the total planned map by Episode 5. Each episode is said to retail for $60 after launch. That's $300 value before any of the other extras the explorer pledge includes are added in.
    If the first episode is worth your money surely the sequels with their extra and improved content are also, especially at such a huge discount. Think about it. ;-)

Logain and monxter like this.
  11. Synapse

Synapse Avatar

Glad to be onboard. Thanks for the great deal and the sweet free game!

Phredicon likes this.
  12. Buggy

Buggy Avatar

Confirmation forwarded for 1 pledge today!

Phredicon likes this.
  13. Sir Ronan

Sir Ronan Avatar

I am glad I was able to help fund this game and be able to see this game grow into something great. Thank you Astrobia for your help with my pledge and the game.

Phredicon and Synapse like this.
  14. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Okay the second days results a bit disappointing. Today had $97 in entrants. Total raised: $337.

Todays big winner is The Doctor who gets the Tropico4 & Jagged Alience BIA Bundle. The runners up are Buggy who gets Postal and Belgeran... Who didn't write their list correctly and only listed premium games.
    I'd debate disqualifying that entry and giving it to the next one... But there were only 3 entries today so it defaults to him anyway. :-/
    Winners have been emailed their keys, except Belgeran who has been emailed to take a closer look at the basic list to make a late pick.

Not sure what resulted in the sudden drop in entries. You'd think more people would join in as the chance of winning went up. Maybe it's just a slow day of the week. The number of runners up goes up to 3, so hopefully we get at least 4 entries tomorrow...
    I assume a lot of members are planning to upgrade their pledges around this period anyway... So given how good the odds of winning seem to be I have to wonder... Does no one want effectively free games? There are certainly some good ones on the list... A worrying state of affairs.

Logain, The Doctor and Buggy like this.
  15. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Very happy to be part of the drive! Good work, Astrobia. And thanks :)

16. Logain

Logain Avatar

Confirmation forwarded for 1 pledge-upgrade today.
    Very nice idea, thanks! ~thumbs up~

Phredicon likes this.
  17. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Confirmation forwarded for 1 upgrade pledge today.

Since South Park The Stick of Truth needed me to install Steam , I should give more Steam games a chance.

The One and Time Lord like this.
  18. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Mixed feelings about today. Today's entrants pledged $3395 which is wow. Total raised $3732.

The bad news is once again there were only 3 entries. Lord Gréagóir is the big winner and gets Batman Arkham City. The runners up are Ryohma who gets Batman Arkham Asylum and Logain who grabs Avadon Black Fortress... And...
    The last runner up spot was unclaimed which puts me a in bind... Do I roll it over to the next day? Make it first come first serve for left over items each day? I mean if someone spent $5 on an addon store cat they could have claimed a basic list item guaranteed.

Someone suggested I should give them away in a trivia game via IRC... I like this idea... But it doesn't bring any new pledges for the game... Belgeran also got back to me about his prize and said he doesn't actually want any from the basic list and to just give his game away to someone on the IRC in his name... That selection is paid for so here is my current thinking...
    If you don't want any of the games on the list, make a pledge anyway to sponsor a round of trivia in the SotA Chat for players to compete for unclaimed selections. So Belgeran has sponsored the first round, and we have one up for grabs. I'll need some time to hash out the rules and process and of course I'm open to feedback at this point... So what do you think community?

Synapse, Jin and Logain like this.
  19. Logain

Logain Avatar

Thanks a bunch for the game ;)

20. Jin

Jin Avatar

I like this idea, throw out some OG uo trivia, sounds like a good time to me.
    If I could throw an idea in for the sake of brainstorming maybe it would work to post any "donated" games to a list in the marketplace. Instead of raffle style any game that has already been won but gone unwanted could be sold for a set pledge. This might attract a pledge from someone who really is only set on one game on your list. I'm certain this would only work for games of immediate interest though. Some of the older titles serve better in a raffle as they will probably best serve to decorate someone's steam library.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.