Alternative PVP Designs including some I haven't heard.

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Fredrick FlameGrinder, Apr 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fredrick FlameGrinder

Fredrick FlameGrinder Avatar

I heard someone complain end game would be boring after the story line finished, how about the following design alternatives in addition to RG quest based PVP flagging on(which I like).

I am neither pro or con, but like to brainstorm.

1. Once the Current Story Line for a particular episode is finished, your character is always flagged for PVP, unless you restart the story line or start another story line or start another Episode.
    2. You can turn on a flag for House Burglary which means you would allow someone to attempt to burglarize one or more items from your house, with a risk of them losing a skill point, and you gaining one.
    If you were online when it happened you could go directly into a PVP fight, otherwise if offline you can set traps in your home which the burglar would have to be able to detect/pick etc.
    3. Flag for PVP/Pick-pocketing.
    Similar design, If turned on, the skill point risk is for the attacker,
    The defender could possibly lose a bag item or gain a skill point.

4. Everyone is flagged for PVP by default. but with electable options such as
    a. PVP Skill Point based - I don't like PVP, but I'm turning it on, if attacker attacks me and loses, I gain
    one of his skill points. If attacker wins, he may loot one item
    b. PVP full Winner gets full loot
    c. PVP Item based ransom as suggested by RG.
    d. Outcome determined by PVP flag + winner, kind of like rock paper scissors(based on pvp settings) on how the skill/loot could be distributed, this could be outside PVP hexes so if a ganker wanted to risk PKing they could, but at greater risk. Is it worth risking a skill point to gain an item?

mmjarec likes this.
  2. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

Not to rain on your parade, but:

PvE'ers would be forced into PvP. Prepare yourself for the onslaught of angry PvE'ers. This subject already been beaten to death. We already have heard of the Oracle quest if you want to turn on the PvP flag which means only PvPers will be doing that quest.

No one will risk house item loss.

Again, no one will flag this just to risk item loss.

Again, do not attempt to force PvE players to PvP. Your efforts are better directed at discussing/improving how PvP players interact/combat/loot other PvP players.

Silent Strider likes this.
  3. Fredrick FlameGrinder

Fredrick FlameGrinder Avatar

np guys not trying to force, I wont' do much pvp, my alias nothing to do with pvp btw.
    Just offering ideas I see battles of words going on much debated topic.

4. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

I am for this but likely since most of the pvers are violently anti pvp they would rather not play than be flagged for pvp wven if it ment theres nothing to do. I still dont understand the point of a story based mmo that is basically sigle player with friends for ur very reason. There is no endgame.

Unless they develop raiding(nearly impossible with this combat system ) or turn pvp into endgame which would finally appease pvpers then player rentention will be horrible cept those who bought houses and have nothing to do wxcept craft and stand around in said house

5. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

We don't know how it will be implemented or even if it will suck until they put it out. If it sucks, I'll be front and center with my torch and pitchfork ready to crucify them. The option to scrap and change the system completely is still on the table. Let's at least give it a chance to see if Portalarium comes up with something great or if it's something equivalent to a turd.

One thing you have to realize - there absolutely ARE people that are going to do just that - craft and play house in game. I'm not one of them, nor is anything wrong with that, but nothing you say or wish for is going to drag them out and force them to PvP. Just let them be and move on.

6. Veylen The AenigmA

Nice name. Good band

Anyhoo. Yeah the will not participate so no use in tryig. But since the will be doing nothing other than shacking up and crafting in endgame then they shouldnt care if its open pvp since they wont have a need to go outside or participate. Personally id be bored stiff doing nothing but crafting forever. So at that point at least let the pvpers have their fun that theyve been excluded from for the vast majority of the game. Make some harvesting zones non pvp and the. Do an event that makes the word go nuts and open up pvp since they will seclude themselves inhouse it shouldnt matter

7. Mercyful Fate

Mercyful Fate Avatar

Correct - that's pretty much how Portalarium is designing the system. The PvE'ers will be safe from gankings and us PvP'ers will get to PvP. We just need to ensure that the PvP itself is worthy. ;)

Silent Strider and NRaas like this.
  8. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I wouldn't want any of this. It makes no sense whatsoever. Why are people randomly killing other people?

PvP should be about accomplishing some important task. I have zero interest in random ganking and gate hopping.

9. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

(Since the whole "PvP consent" thing has been done to death in many other threads, I will simply avoid that portion)

I am interested in commenting about this portion though :

How would one make this non-exploitable ?

Scenario:
    1. A player has two accounts.
    2. In one they have a character who owns a house, which has been flagged as "Burglarable"
    3. In the other there is a newly generated thief character
    4. The user plays the thief character for a bit to gain some skill points, which are fast to gain due to the character being a low level.
    5. The user then uses the thief character and intentionally fails at burgling the house, essentially giving the house owner many skill points
    6. If they do succeed, they simply gift the stolen good back to the house owner and continue attempting to fail.
    7. Once all the skill points are transferred, the user then deletes the thief character and rolls up a brand new low level character
    8. And repeat
    This of course is the simplest scenario. One could easily see a group of friends getting together and forming a "quick leveling" guild, where multiple players burgle a friend's house to transfer skill points en-masse.

Something to think about. :)

10. Veylen The AenigmA

They really need to remove the phrase dont get left behind off their page because by choosing to leave behind pvp in the last decade they are choosig to leave behind pvp and pvpers

11. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I think you really need to read what they have in place so you can have Open PVP...every thread you say the same things, get told the same things..and start again.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Veylen The AenigmA

Maybe thats because im replying to the same thing. Such as " you already have open pvp". Maybe you should tespond with different accusations and id habe a different reply. And just fyi, you are incorrect and offtopic, personal and repetitive

Please keep it on topic. I wouldnt repeat it if there werent a reason

13. PaCOatlanticBaja

PaCOatlanticBaja Avatar

Pvers rp all of sudden are getting worried about low population n just a bad gaming experience so now we got more pvers on pvp forums making comments n suggestions to try n keep us around lol.. only polarium can do that but it better be before archeage comes out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.