Ultima - Age does not matter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myrcello, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Hello Avatars.

Stumbled over this picture .

If i would be able to paint, , i would takes this motive and do it.

Love the hole expression, the hat, the way he holds his hand - expressing a thoughtful relaxed moment, love the hat and of course the computer and the game he is playing.

[​IMG]

He is over 90 years old.

This is the blog and the source: The good old days of yore: Ultima Online

2. RexInMonte

RexInMonte Avatar

Somewhere I hoped you would talk about younger people because if it is true and so many people that played Ultima joined SotA than I'm very young.
    But this is waaaay more epic :D!
    The hat really makes it complete doesn't it?
    Does anyone knows what game he is playing? I would like to try it myself ;)

3. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Young people always seem surprised at what older people do, as if they're another species, or something :)

Here's something to consider... someone who was 25 in 1967 -- 'the summer of love', rocking out to the Doors and the Stones and Jefferson Airplane, protesting against Vietnam, etc -- is into their 70s by now.

We all get old. We have a choice as to whether we grow up, or not!

Aldo, Alexander, Margard and 8 others like this.
  4. selbie

selbie Avatar

Gamer 4 lyfe! \m/

Khloec and Time Lord like this.
  5. Dhimmi

Dhimmi Avatar

yup in 50 years or so we will all be playing a next iteration of SOTA from our retirement home..

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Dhimmi
    yup in 50 years or so we will all be playing a next iteration of SOTA from our retirement home..
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too late for me Dhimmi :( I'm already there :D , but so true ;)
    Now if somebody can just come and change my adult nappy and help me back to my toilet, I'll be just peachy :)

Just kidding, but when you look at the calendar and realize you only have 20 years to go before you beat the insurance companies predictions...
    "It's time to say what you're going to say, do what you're going to do, or have to come back and do it all over again"! :p
    Now if I can only get the Thai people here to find some settlement to their politics, I can get on with my research work before I too become history o_O
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

7. Ghii Zhar

Ghii Zhar Avatar

This would be me - except I am youngster (only 66), and I _fought_ in the Vietnam war. ;)

My wife and I just recently cancelled our UO accounts which we reactivated about a year ago. We played for several years when it was first launched, then went to SWG and WoW. I also played a lot of LOTRO and Warhammer-online.

I am currently playing SotA on this PC which I finished building just a week ago: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3yEb1

Additionally I have an Xbox One and PS4 - mostly to entice my grandchildren to spend the weekend with us, but I do admit to playing them myself from time to time. Just finished Dead Rising 3 as a matter of fact.

Edited to add: the PC I mention above was built primarily for gaming in general, not specifically for SotA. It will also be used as my Plex server, for multimedia editing, running multiple VMs, and other non-gaming uses.

Mata, Alexander, monxter and 5 others like this.
  8. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

You don't stop playing just because you get old. But you do get old when you stop playing. Inside of every old person is a young person wondering what happened.

Yeah, I'm one of the old fogey, flower children. And that guy in the pic is probably one of the best players on his server. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.