Is SotA growing faster recently?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robby, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robby

Robby Avatar

Im just wondering if anyone else noticed that the budget went from around 3mill 9 hundred something thousand to about 4 mill 22 thousand. All within about a week and a half! Has this happened yet? Its the first time ive somewhat kept track of the rate. Also wondering... Anyone been keeping track of how fast the # of new britanians being recruited? Its about 90k, but only about 30k are backers I guess according to campaign statistics. Im also real interested as to how many of these backers are edelman, lord, baron, and so on...

Hopefully you all keep it up! Lets get this game made!

2. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

It will almost certainly go up as we near release and two things happen. One, existing pledge holders that love the game might more strongly consider upping their pledges for better in-game rewards. Two, as the releases start to reveal more of the game's mechanics, SotA will generate more hype. More hype means more backers. :D

Lord Baldrith and Time Lord like this.
  3. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Exciting isn't it.

4. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Nope. Actually slower.

Leading from Jan to the 1 year it was an average of 10k per day. Now it is around 2k per diem.

You can look @ Smacks stats or mine in the links in my sig to see all manner of charts and numbers tracking this trend.

Also, New Britannians is not accurate, at all. There is a steady growth of 4+ ppl per 30 minutes, and the conversation rate into backers is "unknown". This has been the case since day zero.

When I pointed out that the names of the "New" people were bot names, to the tune of 20%, they admitted there needs to be better spam bot registration prevention. They subsequently removed the memberlist section from the site because of some backend bug, so no one can really track that anymore.

But even in periods of ZERO pledge growth, there is a steady growth of 4+ "new" site members.

Amaranthus, Margard and Time Lord like this.
  5. Robby

Robby Avatar

Sad... =(
    It looked like it was picking up so much speed this last week. The testing has been lots of fun even though I cant do much on it. Theres lots of space to run around now, lots of neat stuff to see. I want this game to be big!

Margard and Time Lord like this.
  6. smack

smack Avatar

The spike was due in part to R4 and the April 7 Founder pricing deadline. As totally expected, pledges dropped off considerably in the weeks following. This was the exact same behavior as after the initial KS ended last year. It was a huge slump last year between April (end of KS) and beginning for actual real content in the Fall. Thankfully, I don't think we'll continue to be in a slump and it will return back to its pre-promotion averages. There's just a lot of content and ongoing releases monthly that will continue that funding level....with the goal being higher and higher averages as the releases get more polished with features and fancy graphics.

7. Numa

Numa Avatar

It's actually picking up faster than after the KS ended. I picked up my pledge about a month and a half after that period and funding progress was glacial. It's more rapid now, the burst just before the Founder's prices ended was a fluke - an unusual spike in money coming in.

Lord Baldrith, Eriador and Time Lord like this.
  8. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Right before the April 7th deadline there was a huge push.

Lord Baldrith, Time Lord and Eriador like this.
  9. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

How you did the maths? We did a little less than 2 millions in 365 days. That is less than 5.500 per day. And that counts the big pushes of the last days.

Lord Baldrith and enderandrew like this.
  10. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

you are talking the average of everything. You can do whatever math you want. llike I stated, from Jan up to the one year it was 10k a day, it is now, from April 8 onwards, averaging a little over 2k a day.

You can argue with me all day, you can't argue with the numbers, and is the sole reason I gather them:so no one can base conclusions on conjecture.

11. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Is not about to argue, is about to say the true or not. If you say that now the game grows with the half velocity because the average before the one year event was 10.000 and now is around 5000 (well, you said 2k, but I thing is not correct, but we will see) you are not saying the true, since the average before was more or less the same than now.

If you include the month of the KS that totally breaks the meaning of the statistic. If you only use some concretes months (like jan+) is the same, specially if they have some unusual growing days. Why not just from the last 7th of april? :p

12. smack

smack Avatar

Daily Averages (data only goes as far back as June 2013):
    - Overall: $5,523 and 32 pledges
    - 7 day: $3,952 and 48 pledges
    - 30 day: $14,834 and 97 pledges
    - 60 day: $11,993 and 103 pledges

Yesterday we made $5,410 and had 53 pledges. So we are in-line with our overall average but running well below our 30-day and 60-day running averages. Against the 7-day average, we did recover from that post promotion slump, where we did bottom out at $2,696 just a few days ago.

Source: Campaign Tracking

Eriador likes this.
  13. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

To make here the average we should wait at least until day 6/7, when also the montly payments will "clink". The last days of april totally broke that average. You can see it from 30 to 60 days.

14. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

In the other way: I also feel that faster growing. I think is because all that many zeros.

15. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

You say you are not looking to argue, but you are arguing. Go look at the numbers yourself. Its simple math.

Cheers.

16. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

As you wish.

17. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

We'll likely have a few more large jumps in pledges as we head into more alphas and eventually beta. If it does get put on Steam, that's where we'll see some huge jumps, I think.

smack and Eriador like this.
  18. Lord Ulysses

Lord Ulysses Avatar

Did the devs not say that some time after the 1 year anniversary they´d release stats to how many backers we have and how many of each tier also?? think it was either RG or dallas said this but cant recall it that well...

Eriador likes this.
  19. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

We dont have still that information. But we want it. Its important, specially for the houses.

Dean Valentine likes this.
  20. UnseenDragon

UnseenDragon Avatar

You would actually want to calculate the median, and not the mean when you are likely to have a non-random distribution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.