What Are You Looking Forward to in R7

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by carlaisle, Jun 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlaisle

carlaisle Avatar

Somewhere between here and Timbuk3 Chaotic Bliss
    Your Thoughts & Expectations For R7

smack likes this.
  2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Definitely interested in testing out the waterfront lots and how those boat houses work (or don't as the case may be).

Beyond that, it all depends on what actually *does* make it into R7, which is part of the fun in and of itself.

The dev team have been notorious for revising what actually ends up appearing in the various releases, so relying on what the existing release schedule actually states is rather iffy. :)

Kaisa and Margard like this.
  3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

For me R7 isn't going to be as interesting as the 2 releases after this one. This release will have the new overworld area, but I'm not sure we'll see much functionality as that seems to be coming in later releases. More crafting recipes might be fun, especially if they open up more of the crafting and gathering skills. Playing bumper cars with npcs might provide a few moments of entertainment. The mines, if they are ready, might be fun. But I don't expect much from this release in terms of new things to do.

4. smack

smack Avatar

This:
    • Promotional Trailer: We are excited to be a featured game at the Plantronics booth at E3. In support of that and our continued fundraising we are working on an updated trailer (our last one was at the 6 month mark) that will show off gameplay and provide a few sneak peeks of the intro cinematic. As mentioned in update 73, Bill Johnson, aka The Guardian, will be doing the voiceover.
    Ok, that will be released next week for E3, so I'll say these:
    • 3D Overworld Map System: We are switching our dual scale navigation system from the 2D version you have seen so far to a 3D version more like what we showed during Kickstarter. This initial release will mainly be about the visuals so players will still be represented as markers and there will be no random encounters (see below for which releases these features will come online).
    • Lighting Fine-Tuning: We still have some work to do in order to get the balance right between bright day and dark night.

5. carlaisle

carlaisle Avatar

Somewhere between here and Timbuk3 Chaotic Bliss
    Yes more carfting & gathering would enable more abilities . And each Release always opens more functional abilities will continue to evolve into the polished final release and beyond. With Endless possibilitities in mind let the games be begin remembering that Richard Garriot, Starr Long and all the Devs will do whatever is required to resolve any issues so that Each release is a most memorable & enjoyable by all . And Yes it would be awesome experience if we were able to use the boats and maybe have some battles on the high seas.

Kaisa likes this.
  6. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Work harder on the combat please. This 'feature' should have been an integral mechanic from the beginning.

7. Tarsilion

Tarsilion Avatar

My expectation: Playing other games as I can still not stay connected for more than 20 seconds on average. A bug I reported in release 2 and for which I renewed a bug-report in release 4.

BillRoy likes this.
  8. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

Cause the majority can play this game - and has a fairly stable connection - this could point to a problem with your network hardware rather than a bug in the game ;)

I hope the Mac Client is a little more stable in R7. I'm playing under Window 7 usually, but I'm in vacation during R7 and my MacBook Pro is my only hope to play this release. I reported a bug cause I couldn't leave Owl's Head using my Mac Client. In the meantime I had some issues with my WLAN - LAN was working still fine. So I restarted my Netgear modem which solved my problems. Maybe the Mac SoTa Client is also working well now :)

Lord Baldrith, smack and majoria70 like this.
  9. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

What I'm looking forward to...

Player Housing Built-in Lighting

Scenes........."perhaps the first scene on the mainland (The Graf Gem Mines)."

Crafting........ "(spider silk, gems, precious metals, etc.)"

Character Faces and Skins

64 Bit Build

Ned888, Maka, Lord Baldrith and 4 others like this.
  10. Night Owl

Night Owl Avatar

Hopefully a stable Mac client

More scenes

Row housing?

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

What I'm looking forward to R7 is:

Seeing more of combat and what they have done with it

The Row houses

Overall just curious to see anything new or added

And of course to finally see the old avatar looks disappear, well here's hoping.;)

12. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

Looking forward to the new 3D Overland Map... for some reason, the Paper Cloth Overland Map is putting a heavy toll on my GPU... o_O

13. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

R7 will be my first time entering the world.
    I have some caching up to do!
    Fortunately I have every day of R7 off from work as luck would have it.

14. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

rild, Maka and Vision OpenWorld like this.
  15. Oakwind

Oakwind Avatar

better looking armor.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. Maka

Maka Avatar

Hopefully just getting a chance to get online and say o/ to everyone.

17. Valice Belgraham

Valice Belgraham Avatar

Agreed. Models have been "polished" since initial release, but the garb and armor still have to much of a fantasy/unrealistic feel due to size and construction.

Would love to see a mild variety of plate armors that give different advantages to mobility and defenses(slashing vs. piercing bonus on relevant body parts) depending on what set is equipped, and set pieces should only be allowed to attach to their set counter parts.

Montaigne and Kaisa like this.
  18. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

A release that gives more confidence and so gets new press to bring in new pledgers.

BillRoy and Kaisa like this.
  19. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

The 3D world map of course ;)

20. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

For me the connection problems weren't electronic or mechanical, but just the fact that the game is clunky by modern standards and actually boring.

That being said, I have Zero intrest in housing (because I don't have one, and won't spend real cash on it).

Crafting is tedious and complex to an extreamly un-playable level (for me anyways), so I've given up hope on archery and fletching, which is what I loved most in UO and was a main factor in getting involved in this project.

I don't care about the map, it's just something to look at while zoning into instances, it's a trivial thing in my mind.

I did, though, thouroughly enjoy setting spiders on fire in R6 (once I figured out how to access the magick stuff), so I'm looking foreward to doing some more spider burning in R7. Maybe I'll try to find other things to burn.
    Hopefully they don't make reagent and card collecting as miserable as fletching/bowcrafting (or any crafting), if that's the case I might as well just play Rust (check it out on Steam), because having to resort to running around naked and punching people won't get you far in PvE or PvP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.