Farming?

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Doomgrin, May 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kvothe Kingkiller

Kvothe Kingkiller Avatar

Lords Leaf, RedTaurus (It gives your horns! [not wings]),Heromaker/Widowmaker, Mages' Mud, Godsblud, Titans' Tincture, LichLickers' Courage, Bards' Bedmate, Eyeopener, Angels' Take, Skywind, Rabbitcatcher, Mountain Extract, Ocean Extract, Grass Extract, Desert Extract, Forest Extract, Cloud (or Sky) Extract, Patient Potion, Tinkertime, Flicker Dust, pub_16 Punch, Elven Cigars, Churchwarden, Beetle Juice, Pollen Pops, Clerical Candy, Chaoscreme Bar, Righteous Sucker, Virtueburst!, Nurds, Thirsty's Kisses, Knight League Chew, Moonshatter Pie (or Moongate Pie), Tesla Tots, Tailors' Tremorless Tonic, Blacksmiths Bastion, Carpenters' Composure, Smeltmoar, Richards' Revenge, Staghorn Shavings, Undead Taffy, Owlsportal, Kingsnap, The Barons' Bitters, Wispwing Powder, and I'm done. Man I was bored.

Anyway, which is your favorite so far?

Kvothe Kingkiller (emanmr)

Lord Baldrith, Time Lord and rild like this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Elven Cigars! :)
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Well That Struck a Nerve"!
    [​IMG]

Hey, are you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
    Race Class specific contraband?
    I wonder what those Elves'll be smoking? ;)
    What's natural for some, could be illegal for others :cool:
    Sir "emanmr" seems to have hit upon something there....!
    Reminds me of some Great American Indians I know and love :)

Eriador, Jambo, rild and 3 others like this.
  4. Kvothe Kingkiller

Kvothe Kingkiller Avatar

Legal products in their respective homelands, and other lands enact a trade embargo? (like Cuban cigars in the US?) NPC-guard-enforcable?

rild and Time Lord like this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Oh Yea!
    I'll be inviting the world over here to take a look at what you've discovered there (Doctor Loveless aka) "emanmr"! That idea's a dandy! ;) !
    With the new Elvin race class being a reward now, this could become an enticement for many to upgrade or new pledge, as well as a point of origin for what Richard LB Garriott wanted in contraband. otherwise, it has to NPC Magically appear created.

Eriador, Jambo, rild and 2 others like this.
  6. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I'd always though this would be a good idea. But we're missing basic information about government structure. It makes sense with a faction system. If you look at say Civ5, you have resource trade routes and the ability to have certain luxury goods banned. (e.g. fur, ivory)

rild, Khloec and Time Lord like this.
  7. Kvothe Kingkiller

Kvothe Kingkiller Avatar

We have already been given mapped shipping routes and roads. All we really need is homeland borders to start bootlegging

rild, Khloec and Time Lord like this.
  8. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I like these. Also, hope to see some sort of tobacco like plant for my pipe :) Hopefully different grades for different smoke effects/colors and possibly effects :)

9. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Yes im all for something along these lines. EvE did it quite well with illegal contraband and the NPC market in the game. Making some goods purchasable in some regions or corporation controlled stations with a need in others. Running hundreds of millions in goods through the pirate blockades through low sec and 0.0 was some of the best fun i had in the game. The risks were great due to other players but also the rewards were in line with the work and risk you put into it. With the layout of the Novia with control points and the like it can make for borders and customs even quite possible.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi ya Doomgrin :) Well they did mention something about greenhouses also. I thought that sounded interesting. The farming in Lord of the Rings was something lol I spent hours just to cook something because many times I had to run out and farm a bunch of ingredients first lol. Had a friend who ate the food for buffs after each battle and wanted me to make him more constantly, sheeesh :confused: lol

rild and Time Lord like this.
  11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"A New Level of Gaming Challenge"
    *note; just because I may disagree about some things, doesn't mean that "I am correct"*

"Envy, Conflict, Challenge", These are but a few human emotions that could find a place of quality within our game.
    I wanted this rather "risky" business and through my comments in post above to be taken in every context of hinted implication;

Envy;
    When our stretch goals are met, we will have the ability to play an Elf. The Human counterpart currently has a "special brew" (which I still am not convinced has any special quality to be in any great demand), Thus the Elf could have their own "special something", whether that's an Elvin Cigar or an Elvin whatever makes no difference. Yet such an ability of the new Elf, could create "envy" enough for some to wish to play buy an Elf skin in our online store.
    So, if you have an Elvin skin to hop into, then you could gain the affinity to be able to make the Elvin (whatever) substance.
    (whether or not this is a contraband item depends entirely on hidden decisions of our creators for now)

Conflict;
    The NPCs of your human skin's home town may not like Elves. (there's allot of mind wondering and pondering to do there)

Challenge;
    I currently see no deeper challenge at all or much of a difference between if I play in an Elf skin or not, it's just an add and subtract situation of change. I just cannot see separating my human skinned self from enjoying all the game has to offer. By separating us by magic/melee combat/whatever, we are encouraging those skills to set us apart, thus we may find less human mages or less human archers or less human whatever.
    *note; the above statement could fall within the category of the element that creates conflict, which could be seen as being a good thing to bring about conflict. But I feel at that point it would become more an issue of integration rather than create any conflict. "We do need conflict somewhere in our world"*
    (I am totally against balance because it takes away from the ability to "play a more challenging game other than human")

Do I want to enhance or create an "Affinity Race War?" HELL YEA! because the idea of gaming is to have conflict contending with anything. Even the farmer much contend with the weather. We learned and enjoyed much with the challenges of the bygone Ultima Gargoyles, we had allot of fun doing so and the Elves could provide such a conflicting race to fill those stimulating questions that they raised for our Karma to consider.

Cookery;
    Elves could hate special brew and the food that comes from it, as well as the humans to the Elvin foods. Cookery of the Elf could provide a deeper game in many ways, yet also help our human cookery be something more special.
    Farming could be drastically different given different crops all races separately could have an "Affinity to Raise" and thus enhance our game.

Contraband;
    I'd like to see not just a little of it through such separation through affinity, "I'd like to see one hell of allot of it"!!! this is because of our wants and desires to kill each other in a wonderful wholesome environment rich with targets to catch and smugglers to run with it.
    Who needs PK when we could have such a target rich environment, "but I'm sure they could fit in and have their play enhanced in this line of thinking somewhere.

Rants, Ideas and Feedback Very Welcomed,

12. Kvothe Kingkiller

Kvothe Kingkiller Avatar

~Lord Britishs' Royal Reserve~

A COLLECTION of only the finest pipe-leaf from across the land. Comissioned to
    commemorate the greatest achievements of Lord British, these perfectly-preserved
    memories will hearken you back to time long past. Revel in good company! Only the
    finest-of-quality Leaf, hand-picked by Grandmasters, is chosen for this Royal memorial
    collection. All varietals are meant to be enjoyed alone or with loved-ones, with
    good friends, good enemies, or whenever the mood to relax strikes. There is nothing
    finer than a hand-crafted pipe and quality Leaf!

1. ca. 1981 ~ Dark Age Wild
    2. ca. 1982 ~ Enchantresses' Perique
    3. ca. 1983 ~ Thuoc Lao Exodus
    4. ca. 1985 ~ Virtuous Avatars' Aromatic Fire-Cured
    5. ca. 1988 ~ Destiny Quest Cavendish
    6. ca. 1990 ~ Prophets' Corojo
    7. ca. 1992 ~ Blackgate Brightleaf
    8. ca. 1993 ~ Serpentus Island Shade
    9. ca. 1994 ~ Avatars' Ascension White Burley
    10. ca. 1997 ~ Online Type 22 / Y-1 Blend

Rumor has it that there is another, masterwork blend being researched as we
    speak. Due to be revealed late this year, it is sure to be the best the world has
    seen!

100% Elven-free!!!
    [Absolutely no Elven agricultural products were used
    in the making of this fine merchandise!]

Kumakaze, Khloec and Time Lord like this.
  13. Kumakaze [BEAR]

Kumakaze [BEAR] Avatar

I wonder if we need to start having a "smoking area" in the tavern ;) I say stick them on the balcony haha.

This bear would gladly smoke any fine tobacco and fine cigars if this was to be a farmable feature in the game. I may even open up a smoke shop if that was to be possible ;)

Time Lord and rild like this.
  14. rild

rild Avatar

Utilizing the fog effects we see floating through town would be a neat effect for tobacco pipes etc. I'd like to see this for campfires too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.