Bambi & Friends vs The School of Sharks

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Mugly Wumple, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

We know that cities will have invulnerability to siege via some spell or device. I propose that this spell or device be made available to players, with a prohibitively high cost. This would allow events in the wild to go unmolested by monsters or PvP.

This is assuming that the stated mechanics of PvP are changed in favor of those that want open-world PvP.

2. lordrex

lordrex Avatar

@Mugly Wumple: i think that's fair. +1.

3. Lukashka the Necromancer

Lukashka the Necromancer Avatar

+1 only problem is, it would end up being a temptation for PvP. I see a player event going on inside a protective bubble while outside a horde of PKs waits for the spell to drop.

4. Owain

Owain Avatar

Why be flagged for PvP and use a hideously expensive spell when you can unflag for free?

For PvE, it seems to be a bit of an exploit. For example, in UO, Lockpicking and Remove Trap were skills used by treasure hunters. Boxes in the deepest level of Hythloth contained the best drops, to include valuable rare items. Your GodMode spell would render obtaining rare items expensive, but trivially easy.

Get your stuff the old fashioned way. Earn it.

File under useless software requirement.

Umbrae likes this.
  5. InsaneMembrane

InsaneMembrane Avatar

I can see this being cool with certain points of interest outside cities, within other already protected areas. But I don't think you're going to have many issues with PKs stalking them if they were in the wild in any case, keep in mind this isn't quite the MMO we(PKs) are looking for.

Now that the map has doubled, it would be pretty rare for a group of dedicated PKs to stumble across a random protected event which is taking place somewhere in the map. Not only that, but with so few people connected together playing, I wouldn't see it as a major issue.

File your comment under useless keystrokes, Air Marshal Owain, as per usual you don't disappoint with your direct and personal attacks.

Lukashka likes this.
  6. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

+1 I like the idea of being able to shield an event, really you are just asking to have protection against what *could* randomly ruin your group's fun and preparations. The alternative is to say that we are on our own, and technically, one griefer could attempt to ruin twenty or thirty people's hard work and dedication to the celebration of the Badger Festival. Or whatever else it was they wanted to build.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.