Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Not going to stop asking for english labels

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by mike11, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Seems that this is a real issue for many people. I personally have no problems with the Runic Alphabet as I already can read it. I think there are two good ideas mentioned. One is to have the runic translated into english just by moving the cursor over it. The other would be an in game translation. In Ultima 7, Serpent Isle for example, there was a spell called Translation which would translate the Serpent language into English. This would last for a couple of minutes until it wore off. One could do something similar, except that it would last much longer, say several minutes. Other than that, I see no reason why the Runic language should just be removed because it's a 'literal' inconvenience to translate.

mike11 likes this.
  2. Kraxtor

Kraxtor Avatar

Interestingly, for me the hardest part about Runic in SotA are the subtle differences between New Brittania runic and U7 and prior runic. The W and H letters are swapped, and P and K are notably different. It has taken me most of R7 to stop reading some words incorrectly. (i.e. It was taken me most of R7 to stop reading some hords incorrectly.)

If we're taking a vote, I would want any change to be an option. If a mouseover will prompt an English (or local native language option) tooltip, please let me uncheck that box. If there is a toggle, please make sure I can turn it on and off. I am 100% ok if others won't or don't want to learn Runic. It was just a MUST to play previous Ultima games. But, this is not Ultima. This is Novia, not Brittania.

So, I'd say give us the option, but make certain players can turn the option on or off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.