Clandestine Assassins

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Vendetta Beretta, Jul 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Sorry Community if this has been asked before. Have there been any details regarding Stealth Assassin skills?

I have been browsing the threads (especially PvP and Combat), and I noticed that attacks from directly behind a person has an increased critical chance, and an increased chance to hit. That's good to know.

However if I wanted to focus on blades, will there be blades with innate skills that increase critical strikes? Will there be skills that allow a person to be stealth without magic? Can we specialize in skills that focus on surprise attack/assassination oriented combat... like the common rogue sneak attack ... and perhaps combat skills that create combos for players that lay and wait in the shadows and strike their target with lethal force.

Thanks for any info anybody might have.

-Vandetta

2. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

It's important to understand that anything you read on skills is subject to change. So you can read up on skills, but they're really place holders.

Time Lord and Vandetta like this.
  3. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Let me start by saying welcome to the community Vendetta.

I really do not know about those particular skills. I don't think they mentioned much about them, other than they will have a subterfuge skill set. I don't know. Maybe somebody else has some info on this.

Time Lord and Vandetta like this.
  4. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Thanks. Any info would be nice. Like I said, I've been keeping up for the most part, but I felt it was a good time to ask about these skills since combat is a hot topic right now.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Johnny Black

Johnny Black Avatar

No info on it yet, perhaps more will come after the PvP and combat are more hashed out.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Father Aquila

Father Aquila Avatar

You want to do this? I stopped UO before this time, is he using smoke bombs to hide?

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

I have no problem fighting more realistically, but give me the stealth/attacks.

Isaiah and Time Lord like this.
  8. Sweetmcpwnsauce

Sweetmcpwnsauce Avatar

I really like the idea of having stealth assassins or ninjas, but if it's gunna b realistic then stealth physically, w/out magic, could only b performed in the shadows or at night when players could conceal themselves in the blackness. Even then they would have to some how lock your screen brightness function on your computer so you couldnt cheat, which isn't hard to do. Also alot of players would complain and camp in towns or in there house until day time came back in game so they wouldn't have to worry about assassins or ninjas lurking in the night. But all in all I can't wait to see what there ideas r on subterfuge mechanics!!! ;)

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

There is always camouflage for day missions. A person can indeed hide during the day.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Johnny Black

Johnny Black Avatar

Mmhmm, such as a ghillie suit (this could only really work while you are still) and hiding in plane sight (such as a crowd).

Isaiah and Time Lord like this.
  11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"Cloaked Assassins?" I love that subject :cool:!
    One of the things that struck me early on in skill creation, is how to wrap my mind into thinking a different way of thinking about skills, or any class based system that we had commonly encountered in games before... where a rogue is a rogue, a mage is a mage, or a knight a knight.

I do apologize that I don't have any examples off hand, But; What you will find within the current working skill sigil design is that many rogue skills are spread between the Knights and Mage skill trees.

We are still in a very new Alpha designing phase, but things are very evidently going to be very different from other more commonly accustomed skill set ups/designs.

I heard Richard Garriott on a recent Vid (I don't have that handy either) that said that there was going to be common stealth and special stealth as well as within the same Vid, that your opponent's facing would have a effect. Another thing that has been mentioned in Vids is backstabbing.

These links are all sort of related with an Assassin Style and worth checking out :)
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...at-would-a-rogues-skill-wheel-look-like.5660/
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/stealing.9662/page-4#post-210505
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/would-you-like-a-beer-or.9209/

I hope that helped :D and keep the noise down, I'm trying to hide in here... :cool:
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

12. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Exactly. Maybe there could be different tactics for stealth skills during daylight. Staying still next to an object, a certain distance away. Maybe gaining sun magic innate skills could help a rogue blend in more in daylight. However I agree for movement it is better if there is a lot of low light conditions. However if you remain still with some cover that you can blend with you can still hide during the day. Snipers can do this. They are patient, and move very slowly.

Vandetta and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.