SOTA Guide to Legendary Armour

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Greyhaven, Jul 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jivalax Azon

Jivalax Azon Avatar

I am glad they amuse you. And of course I agree, that is the point, epic armor is always ridiculous. What inspired the fuchsia curtain armor was the following giggle worthy pieces:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My favorite is the etched gold enameled (gold leaf?) set at the bottom because nothing says "target" like trotting around in gold plate. Amazingly, all of these are real historical sets of atrocity ... uhm armor. I would hope many were not used in combat, but rather in ceremony.

The stripper armor, well, there is not any real world equivalent that would be appropriate to post. However, it does illustrate that fantasy games and movies have led some people to believe that such "armor" would have any value on the battle field, because looking good is obviously more important than stopping arrow. Then again, lest one believe men are the only ones led to flights of fancy, does anyone believe The Rock typifies the physique or armor of the average sword fighters? I'm sure ratings have nothing to do with it. o_O

[​IMG]

2. Floors

Floors Avatar

The rock's physique ? Hell No.

I'm reading the Wars of the Roses by Allison Weir right now which is a historical book and as she talks about the people, they certainly were not tall or healthy as we'd understand it today.

One noblewoman was described as being 4'8 and having forked teeth when they exhumed her then 500 year old body from its tomb in the 19th century, although she was described as attractive by contemporary sources...

The men were considered very tall if they were 6' tall. Half of people died before they reached 20. Most people could only expect to live to 50 years old maximum.
    Only 5 percent survived to 60. Disease was very common. During the 1300's the Black Death decimated much of the population of Europe.

In the UK in particular, there are sources that describe how empty the island was in the 1390's due to this. there were empty villages that existed in the countryside with nobody in them due to the black death.

This is why people were more religious and why religion was more important in daily life than now, because life on earth was considered a transitory state before heaven, due to these factors.

So, a guy with 21st century food, healthcare, access to weight rooms, time to spend all day lifting weights and having the luxury of anabolic substances during his pro wrestling career including testosterone therapy and human growth hormone ?

Yeah... the Rock would have been considered a Giant in the real middle ages.

docdoom77 and Jivalax Azon like this.
  3. Floors

Floors Avatar

As far as the armor goes, no way you are going to get people to agree on anything with that.

Just let everyone do whatever they want. I'm for more realistic armors or cool looking armors, but I'm not happy with the armors currently in the game, especially the epic set, which looks like WoW moon-boots to me and it's just silly. Also already everyone looks the same since they just go for this set.

I'd prefer some mix of traditional and fantasy, but regardless, we need more options period all over the board so people can get what they want.

I'm hoping crafting can sync into this somehow, where different armorers can have some control over how the armor looks they make, but I suspect with the character creator being what it is that is probably beyond the abilities and budget of the team atm.

4. Oakwind

Oakwind Avatar

I sure hope they have some armor that is 15th century historical.

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

I'm for more realistic armor too and I like the pics, hopefully we can see some of this ingame :)

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  6. Oakwind

Oakwind Avatar

I sure hope there is some History put in the game, Like armour and arms.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Markus Sevron

Markus Sevron Avatar

There's a lot of really nice plate armour in this thread. Would be nice to see some unique chain and leather as well.

SilverKnight624 likes this.
  8. Kvothe Kingkiller

Kvothe Kingkiller Avatar

9. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

That is definitely unique... Laughs

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

10. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

How to turn our non-combat pets into combat-ready pets!

This is my favourite... :)

11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I would suggest armoring yourself before attempting to armor the cat...

12. Kvothe Kingkiller

Kvothe Kingkiller Avatar

Is that a euphemism for something?

Jivalax Azon and crossbowsoda like this.
  13. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

Yes indeed! In full plate, too...

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  14. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

AHHHH Vigo pussy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The Scourge of Catpathia

Kvothe Kingkiller likes this.
  15. Oakwind

Oakwind Avatar

I wear my mallie under my plate armor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jivalax Azon and crossbowsoda like this.
  16. Sweetmcpwnsauce

Sweetmcpwnsauce Avatar

Where are all the native american armor sets and samurai sets... I mean sure these european sets cover you up, but if I put on some indian armor/clothing on and you wear that heavy metal your gunna be so slow I could run circles around you, dodge your attacks on one leg and strike at your weak points all day long until you bleed out. Sure my armor/clothing doesnt protect me that well but its just ment to handle the elements and light attacks for me so I can have full mobility and crush my foes. Just a personal opinion though and completely made up fighting situation. Its just how I see the fight turning out, but that might not be so... I guess.

17. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

18. monxter

monxter Avatar

19. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Y'all need to give this man a job and let
    Him make armors. Great post. Legendary set looks cool!

crossbowsoda likes this.
  20. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

THis should be how the Admiral clothing should look. Not so much the armor, but there should be more badges, and golden ropes to show that he has won battles and earned awards.

I also like the military armor too but more for official events not for real combat. If you fight in such a thing you might make yourself a target. However if they had some rare armor like this. What if Barons or higher get armor like this? Those suits of armor would could be sold for quite a bit because they are rare, and they are appropriate.

Zantul and crossbowsoda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.