Full loot does not make gear easier to loose...ON AVERAGE...

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Xail, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devoid

Devoid Avatar

I don't understand this analogy... is it the kidney from a fetid dingo, or a dingo's fetid kidney that you don't give a care about? Either way, what difference would that make? Who cares about a dingo's kidney, fetid or not?
    *Shakes head in confusion*

Pacifist Greebo makes a convincing point here that should be taken under careful consideration. Of course, the real root to the problem is that players put to much value on virtual items and gold that is just that - VIRTUAL! The items have no inherent value, they don't actually exist. Also, it is the road to earning/acquiring them that gives satisfaction, not so much the items themselves. It would be interesting if all items had a 48-hour ingame timer on them, where afterwards, they would just vanish from one's inventory.

Having said that, I know this is a part of human behaviour that won't change and has to be factored into the game. It is an aspect of human behaviour that is the root to a lot of problems in the real world too.

Warlord Greebo likes this.
  2. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I like the idea of being able to lose everything but I also like the idea of it not being logical to take everything from another player or even an NPC. With things like storage and encumbrance properly in place, players should not want to take everything unless it's personal. If you've wronged me in some way, I'm going to take everything you have available. If you were just another opponent, I'll probably take your weapon or a trophy. It all depends on why I was fighting you in the first place. If your character is impeding my progress somehow I'm going to disable you. If you're a guild enemy, I'm going to disable you and take a trophy. If you were being an ass to me, I'm going to stomp you into the ground and take all your stuff until you go away from where I am working. I'm not going to bother to follow you unless we have an RP thing going on or you were griefing someone who called and asked me to make you leave them alone.
    Assuming I am going to grief or rob you because I want full loot is stupid.

3. Warlord Greebo

Warlord Greebo Avatar

Warlord Greebo- with over 3000 hours as pvp heals. I guess I am a lightweight compared to those Elite Warlords... but most of them ain't heals (KILL GREEBO HE IS THE ONE HEALING THEM ALL!!! GET GREEBO!).

4. Andrew Vawter

Andrew Vawter Avatar

So back in the UO days before insurance one of my favorite ways to collect new armor was go go out nude and swing in just long enough to loot one piece of armor off a corpse. Then store it in the bank and come back and do it again, and again, and again.

To me I think insurance broke Age of Shadows - Imagine no one PVPing in there "perfect" suits of armor and instead having to fight it out with crafted/GM level armor. In Trammel against PVE monsters you'd be happy using your 70's suit but in Fel you'd of been in something far less expensive. I think that would of helped to balance PVP in UO. So for that reason alone I'm for full loot in PVP zones but not in PVE zones. Although, perhaps hunting monsters in the PVP zone should be more rewarding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.