Farm Animals In Game For Purchase

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Schmidbauer, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schmidbauer

Schmidbauer Avatar

Instead of having a regular pet for decor , or some ability boost, perhaps real live Farm animals can be bought and kept at players homes. Chicken for example that produces eggs each day? Collect eggs and sell them to people for recipes etc. Or kill the chicken and sell the meat as well. Feathers
    could be used also from the Chicken for Arrow making, stuffing for pillows/bedding. Cows for milk
    Etc. Etc. Great for in game Economy.

2. adaamhimself

adaamhimself Avatar

Oooh, 3d farmville!

HokageFont and Time Lord like this.
  3. Schmidbauer

Schmidbauer Avatar

Lol,
    May not even have to be 3D objects for game speed issues. Maybe just a user interface that can get accessed at anytime from backpack that shows currently what he or she owns.
    The interface opens, and inside it displays all the animals he or she owns, and other information eggs currently ready in henhouse, milked cows milk, etc. All items can be collected right
    there on the spot, from backpack and taken to sell to merchants or other people.

Time Lord, Arianna and Jynx like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Good thinking schmidbauer. We already have chickens in towns. It's another way to gather resources and role play. I just love this game. There is so much possibility. :)

5. Jhorus

Jhorus Avatar

I am already planning on a garden (however that will work) and would totally raise cattle if given the option.

I'll try to get a couple extra lots and create my own feedlot, maybe have a few hundred head. I'm just hoping the EPA in Novia is a little more lenient about their lagoon requirements for manure run-off.

*chews on piece of grass*

6. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Speaking of farm animals, I think people who buy a player run town should have the option to have some animals in the town as well. Just like we see sheep walking in the streets of Owls Head, and Nob the horse handler boy, there should be a number of NPCs, and live stock that are optional for the town. If they get killed they should respawn just like Owls Head animals.

7. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Great idea!

Llamas?

Time Lord, Schmidbauer and Arianna like this.
  8. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

This is an awesome idea!

I love the thought of having a pasture along with my garden.

I've seen sheep in game, but thus far I cannot sheer them. I hope this is also added for us craftsmen/farmers

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Lol just keep the cows outta the flowerbeds. ;)

10. Schmidbauer

Schmidbauer Avatar

Yes I think every farm animal you own, you should be able to use it for all the resources it is a able to provide in real life. Sheep as mentioned for wool, etc.

Time Lord and Lord Baldrith like this.
  11. Schmidbauer

Schmidbauer Avatar

[​IMG][​IMG][/IMG] Hello everyone,

Decided to get a hard copy of this idea for you and the devs so they have some kind of idea what
    im talking about and have something to work with. I hope you envisioned it the same way i did lol. As the forum thread here describes, it's pretty simple in design + straight forward. All your farm animals currently owned can be viewed anytime in game by pressing (We will pretend it's the "f" key). Once you press the "f" key you'll see pack open up with grid and all your animals listed and their current status, eggs + milk production etc.

The numbers of each animal you own appear in lower right corner of the animals picture. Also you may see other items listed next to the animals pictures, Items in real life that usually help or aid the animal and make it more productive. These are buffs wich you will be able to select for your animals after few weeks, or months of good production and will be rewarded. Usually you will have 3 to choose from, for example, your Cow, there is a cowbell, or some bags of cattle feed that will increase it's milk production 8- 10 % These buffs will be displayed next to wich ever animal the buffs are applied to, for example the dairy cattle you own if you chose the Cowbell buff, the cowbell picture will be displayed next to it along with an "E" indicating its "Equipped" on your animals currently.

If you chose the Bags of feed buff and cows or other animals are currently using, you will see those displayed next to them in same manner. Some objects are displayed also. These are items
    that your animals need in order to produce and are listed along with their current status (full/Almost empty). These items are required for your animals to produce anything, and without them you wont get any product from them. For example in the picture, the dairy cattle you own won't produce milk without a milk barrel. These items such as the milk barrel have a tiny graphic letting you know their status yellow (pratically empty) red (half full - consider getting another milk barrel) and a Green one (indicates Full and another is needed). The milk barrels can be bought or traded with other players or merchants and should be priced reasonably.

These are available in 3 sizes as well: 20L (5 gallons) 40L (11 gallons) 50L (13 gallons. Obviously the larger ones you won't have to worry about as much replacing and will last longer. The same principle applies to other animals such as chickens. Your hens will need wooden crates for the eggs collected (small crates, medium crates, large crates) Pigs basically trying to keep them alive and keeping them fed with bags of feed ( 3 sizes you can buy) also there is a special blend of feed (buff) that you will be able select when the time comes as a reward to speed up the growth rate of them. The faster they grow the closer they are ready to butcher. Pigs witch are ready to butcher, will appear next to
    your regular pictures of pigs you own with quarter marks all over body and a gold coin over them.

If the time arises when you do need to quickly resupply your animals, you will be warned by a gem next to your
    "farmers bible" below your pack display. Or you can constantly check on your animals by pressing the "f" key anytime in game to bring up your
    pack displaying all your animals and their current status as shown. The gem wont glow at all when all your animals are doing fine and have sufficient
    food etc. It will glow 3 colors Yellow (warning you things are getting filled pretty quick, such as milk barrels etc.) and will need another one
    drag and dropped into the grid soon inside your pack to equip it. It will glow Green when your animals have something produced and ready for
    collecting such as milk, eggs, wool, etc. allowing you to open up your pack collect them, and sell/trade them to merchants and other people/players
    in the village. When the gem glows "Red" this means your animal(s) stopped production immediatley and require something to continue. Simply
    open your pack and give them what it is they require by drag n dropping it into the grid next to their picture. Note a gold coin will appear above
    the animals head that has item(s) ready for collecting and sale. This gold coin will appear in your "farmers bible" below as well.

The "farmers bible" is basically what the title says. It is the large scroll under your bottom left of pack. It's constantly monitoring
    your animals in real-time, their health, productivity, and offers you tips on how you can improve their production as well. You can access it by
    clicking on it and you will see it open up. Think of it as an instruction manual for your farm animals you own. And thats about it, pretty simple.
    After your animals have produced a certain number of successful production cycles at the end of the season and if your numbers are high enough, Lord British
    himself will reward you with the ultimate reward for your hardwork in the form of a fully functional rideable horse to be used for chores or own personal
    transportation lol. Crossing my fingers as i typed the last part lmao, but i guess we'll leave it up to the dev's to decide what's best.

12. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Agreed. Although I hope they make the wool bloody if you kill the sheep like it was in UO. Sheering sheep is something we could do while it is still alive. There was always thugs that would kill the sheep in UO, and that always broke my heart. Not sure why though. I killed just about everything else, and they aren't real sheep. Oh well.

Did you have to get a new account, or did you always have this one?

13. Schmidbauer

Schmidbauer Avatar

Lol yes was thinking of maybe they could add a farm dog to guard your sheep in game to intimidate anyone who wished to harm the sheep. This wouldn't be available for purchase, only a reward granted at the end of the season if your animals did well and produced lots of goods for the surrounding villages. Maybe a choice between this or the horse? Lmao.

Lord Baldrith and Time Lord like this.
  14. Skwal

Skwal Avatar

This is of course a great idea!
    But I would be sad if it was too simplified, I would like to see the animals in my farm, take care of them, feed them, etc.
    Even manage how many male and females for each specie?

15. Schmidbauer

Schmidbauer Avatar

Yes, that would be fantastic if the devs made it that immersive. Breeding pigs would be a very lucrative profession considering all the meat they supply. Keeping the sows alive and well and in good
    health would be vital. The dairy cattle as well, wich if sickly and their Milking cycles are lagging behind drastically, can be butchered into tasty veal and sold . Maybe for the mating a Bull or male of any species can be purchased for a hefty amount to be used for breeding purposes, or maybe make the Bulls available as a reward at the end of the season as an option to select from. Horse, Bull, or Farm stock dog.

16. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

I don't need to read nothing more. Just do it! :D

17. Mata

Mata Avatar

Alpaca
    [​IMG]
    or
    Emu Farms?
    [​IMG]
    :D

18. Schmidbauer

Schmidbauer Avatar

Will have few more screens for you shortly of the various animal buffs and their effects they have on the animals. And yes we must have Llama's Lol.

19. Orion Astrium

Orion Astrium Avatar

Isaiah, I have to admit I killed a lot of sheep in UO. But here is the reason.
    I tried to be relatively self sufficient, even picking up reagents off the ground a long time ago.
    I also made my own bandages which required cloth, which required a LOT of wool from sheep.
    If you sheer the sheep it would take about 15-30 minutes for them to grow the wool back.
    If you killed them after shearing them, once the entire pack was... resting... they would re-spawn almost immediately.
    At least in high spawn areas like outside of Delucia.
    But I did feel a little guilty killing all the goats and cows to get the sheep herds to spawn quicker.
    I don't think I ever met anyone who killed sheep just for the fun of it, they are a one hit kill.
    Sorry if I made you sad though.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I love the idea of a farmville styled game within our game and an economy to play it it :D
    I want as many ways to play in our New Britannia as possible!
    But especially an economy game within it!
    Great Idea Schmidbauer!

But I also want a frog farm with some of these little funny creatures from Malchior's Art Thread in it :p
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.