Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please Make Overland Map Navigation Easier

Discussion in 'Release 11 Feedback' started by Razimus, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Don't know if this has been posted but please make the overland navigation/movement
    of the tiny avatar easier. I recommend clicking the mouse in 1 spot and the avatar following
    that spot, thanks.

2. Margard

Margard Avatar

Hello Razimus,

They had a system like this prior to the wasd that they currently have, folks including myself asked for this movement and we asked for other features - I'm not sure if other features will be brought forth where it makes more sense to have wasd movement vs the point click style

I have to say that it does feel a little odd / however I'm reserving judgement until two releases from now until I see what plans they have for the map portion of the game

Have a great time in game :)

3. redfish

redfish Avatar

Margard, did you expect free roaming wasd movement, or hex to hex wasd movement?

The main problem is free roaming eliminates the concept of hexes entirely.

Net likes this.
  4. Margard

Margard Avatar

I thought it would be hex to hex - it would seem more natural ... and also give a clear indication of the hex you would like to enter

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  5. Margard

Margard Avatar

Also the point and click was not such a large issue (for me) / it was the avatars movement (lack there of / when they had the shield)

6. Margard

Margard Avatar

Just want to add that the reason it felt odd when I tried it a while back - it boils down to - "its hard to hit the diagonals' if that makes sense ... and I think that's in part due to the camera angle

I know that the hex system is important / I'm honestly more concerned with other features being incorporated / like what you mentioned in the other map thread than movement at this point

7. selbie

selbie Avatar

I'm surprised they didn't leave the hex grid in and simply highlight the one you are standing on. I assume there were other reasons for removing it?

A Click-to-follow function would be useful though now that we are not locked to 6 axes with the hex grid.

8. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

I would like the option to move the tiny Avatar on the overland using the mouse by holding both the left and right buttons down simultaneously - just as on the 'big' map. The overland map should react (navigable) as the 'big' map - the difference should be just the scale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.