Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Respawning

Discussion in 'Release 11 Feedback' started by WyrdWeb, Oct 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WyrdWeb

WyrdWeb Avatar

Respawning for the individual player or with one buddy is over the top too fast. It could be perfect for large parties but for the lone explorer it is crazy. As soon as I kill one, it has respawned. The killing part is interesting. For example, in Southmarsh you encounter archers and mages, AKA what I refer to as fast respawning chickens, whom all hit you then when you move, they all disperse in every direction possible. If you chase one, it is a constant run and loop and turn and run and loop and repeat until you can get lucky to trap them somewhere or just keep at it for 5 min until the auto hits net you enough damage to kill them (and they respawn right about the time this one dies). I cannot even tell you what Southmarsh looks like because it was a non-stop battle until after a while it was just a boring, unending grind. My damage-wise I could have continued on and on but really, how fun is it to try to chase after fast respawning chickens all day and night?

Are there going to be considerations as far as party sizes with respawning at any point?

I also heard a rumor that nightshade was in game to harvest, is this true?

majoria70 likes this.
  2. hackerssuck

hackerssuck Avatar

I did find one nightshade so far. It's rather rare from what I can tell.

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I agree WyrdWeb. It is way too fast to me.

WyrdWeb likes this.
  4. WyrdWeb

WyrdWeb Avatar

@hackers, so what does it look like? or can you get a screenie? and what kind of area can it be found?

5. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

Thats interesting. Can you remember where you find the nightshade?

6. Sunswords

Sunswords Avatar

There is a sample of a Nightshade Plant in Solace Bridge - unfortunately it's quite heavily guarded, I'll post a picture later. If you go to Solace Bridge, there is a ruin with a small pond to the left of the river. In the ruin there is a ceremonial bow by 2 braziers, the Nightshade plant is very obviously next to it.

Nightshade is scrawny little green twig plant with purple flowers purple fruit, it's very very hard to see, like a purple jewel in a green haystack :D

Margard and Sir Cabirus like this.
  7. hackerssuck

hackerssuck Avatar

I am sorry to say I do not remember where I found it, and it's much to my chagrin. I found that I need it, and I sold the one I had to a vendor. I won't make that mistake again.

Keep in mind that this is my first time playing in R11. Everything has been moving fast, and I haven't been as observant as I could be on many things, because there is so much new going on that I get a wee bit overwhelmed. I want to say it was a small plant and bright green in color, but I may be recalling incorrectly. I sure don't want to send any of you off on a wild goose chase. If I find more, I'll be sure to update this thread.

8. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

No problem, don't worry :)

9. Sunswords

Sunswords Avatar

I went back to Solace Bridge to find it, it disappeared! So I went to another spot in Deep Ravenswood where it was last spotted and I found it. Here you go! Take note that this is fully zoomed in, it's a really tiny plant.

[​IMG]

Edit: Updated different and more clear picture

smack, WyrdWeb and Sir Cabirus like this.
  10. Sir Cabirus

Sir Cabirus Avatar

Thank you for the information and the picture Sunswords :)

Sunswords likes this.
  11. WyrdWeb

WyrdWeb Avatar

Thank you, Sunswords :)

Sunswords likes this.
  12. hackerssuck

hackerssuck Avatar

Well, at least my memory served me in that it was green. Though most plants are, so not much of a stretch there. LOL!

13. hackerssuck

hackerssuck Avatar

FYI, in Deep Ravenswood, if you go left from the entrance, it's in the middle of a bunch of kobolds. I died just as the loot window popped up, but I was able to loot it. Woot!

The summoned skeleton hp slowly drains til he dies. Ew. Not really worth casting.

Sir Cabirus and WyrdWeb like this.
  14. WyrdWeb

WyrdWeb Avatar

I just found nightshade in Valeway South in the back in the area thick with skeletons

Sunswords and Sir Cabirus like this.
  15. WyrdWeb

WyrdWeb Avatar

Even better news, there are TWO nightshades to be found in Valeway South, back toward the tree line from entrance hang along that right side and they are roughly about midway where the path bends in). One is nestled with some leafy grass and the other just a bit under a shrub. :) This area is pretty manageable even for those of lower level as long as you have some decent armor or you are pretty good at run, pick, run. lol

Sir Cabirus likes this.
  16. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Nightshade, Garlic & Sulfer Ash can be found in the forested area NW of Breamer... There is also trees & cotton... Wolves, bears, sm spiders, skeletons, you need to get off the road and look for plants that don't sway in the wind, those will twinkle when you get close enough...

Sir Cabirus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.