Can a row house have a vendor outside?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Hotstuff, Oct 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hotstuff

Hotstuff Avatar

I actually like the look of the row houses being side by side, to me they have a market feel to them... or they would if you could place a merchant outside. Players don't want to run all over the map to find vendors, they will tend to focus on convenient vendors and tightly grouped close to the road type vendors do best.

In looking at the layout I don't see players running to the player house on larger lots, imaging trying to check 10 houses in a row and needing to run back to the road 10 times??? Not going to be popular. If row houses cannot place a merchant outside I think a golden opportunity to have neighbors meet each other and interact will be missed. Please tell me I can park one under my house sign!?!

If renting vendor spots from others is an option then this is much less of a concern, but still!

Mata likes this.
  2. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

the row houses have the same size as the row lots, so there is no space to place something in front of your house. But there is already a request by players to have row houses with an window opening so they can put the vendors near the window and can sell from there. As alternative there is still the plan to make markets where you can place your vendor and sell.

Deliverence likes this.
  3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Shameless promotion:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/row-house-with-a-shop-window.14562/

Now with that said there is a tiny bit of space outside some of the row houses, but not most. While you can't see the floor in this shot you can see the space
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AIt1gxMidtRxbhA&v=3&ithint=photo,png
    the balcony stretches to the limit so the corners next to it create a small space of about 3m by 1.5m or so (eyeballing it).
    So we might be able to place a vendor there but we don't know until they include them.

The actual house sign is outside of your lot, so you have no control over that area - and in some locations it is not even a sign, but a stone or other similar object.

Owens Casey likes this.
  4. Rancor

Rancor Avatar

I would like to know if this is possible as well. Looking at the pledges the "Ancestor" tier was the only feasible one for me. I'm sure down the line I may find a friend with room for me to put a vendor on his property or give him my goods to sell, I'll just wait and see I guess.

5. Beli

Beli Avatar

I know it has been said that row houses have no room for vendors outside the house but looking at this one type of row house I see room for two vendors. see where the saddle stand and the chess pieces are?

[​IMG]
    img host

Mata, Jatvardur, Budner and 3 others like this.
  6. Rancor

Rancor Avatar

It does indeed look like it could be a possibility. Personally I find it would be great to have vendors on Row type houses, it would make the player areas just outside of the main towns feel like a market place.

7. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I have yet to be able to place one item outside my Ardoris row house. :(

P.S. - Moved to housing section.

Lord Beli likes this.
  8. Beli

Beli Avatar

Then maybe you need to move to Kingsport, Where the cool people live, This was
    Paul McCartney's rowhouse, not sure I have seen this type of row home before.

Koldar likes this.
  9. Karrolanth

Karrolanth Avatar

It was said in this Q&A post that row houses cannot have a vendor outside. However, that was several months ago now, and various suggestions have been put forth for how row house owners could have a vendor without needing to allow strangers into their home (including pointing out the outdoor space certain house styles have, as shown in Lord Beli's picture), so I guess we'll just have to Wait And See. :)

Deliverence likes this.
  10. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Hotstuff!

Net likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.