Hire system a way to protect PvE players and have PKs and Anti PKs get in!

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Saladid, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Owain

Owain Avatar

Easier than hiring someone, join a guild that has PvP players. The KGB, for example, has a subsidiary organizations, the CKGB, that does crafting for the guild. The PvP players get quality supplies, and the crafters are protected. No need to complicate things.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

I wouldn't ask a fellow guild member to come watch me chop wood or break rocks or whatever. It might not be so bad though considering crafting skills and combat skills are separate. Several crafters working in the same area could protect each other because they will all have combat skills. On top of that, portalarium has promised that there will be no grinding. It may be as simple as clearing an area, gathering the mats, and then leaving.

Because combat and crafting are separate there shouldn't be a need for guilds to have mules. Every one can be expected to do their part in combat as well as crafting.

When an unexpected event happens I would expect that guilds will dominate the area because they are already grouped with headsets and have a big advantage over the lone wolf type player that has to spam the local chat to gather a party. Who knows though, no one has any idea how the instances will work. Maybe you just get paired up with several other lone wolf types while the guilds fight it out in their own computer match up.

3. Owain

Owain Avatar

@Acrylic, "I wouldn?t ask a fellow guild member to come watch me chop wood or break rocks or whatever."

It's not so much that my guildie is asking me to come guard him as we are asking them to be willing to be bait. This was a very common tactic, getting someone to mine in a PK hotspot, and have a full squad in hiding waiting to spring an ambush. After a while, PK wouldn't attack a KGB crafter, so they'd have to drop off the guild stone for the bait to be effective.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. lordrex

lordrex Avatar

@JiM AnGeL: i like the blue guard idea. i would personally play a blue guard character as well as a pk for some variety. besides, i dont get along with all other pks. :)

the rest of what you wrote is unsustainable, unbalanced, and totally biased in the direction of the same people who have a long history of getting most of what they want.

5. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

I love it.
    Great idea about if someone gets hit to bring in the guards right away.

6. lordrex

lordrex Avatar

@jondavis: attack 1 guy, a bunch more show up to avenge him... fight them too... just like the old days eh? it is just a game mechanic to assist in the whole anti-pk process. it would only work if there was a genuine hunt though, so there was a delay between me killing one player and a bunch of guards showing up. otherwise it will be like town guards in the wilderness which doesnt make sense.

7. Guerrilla

Guerrilla Avatar

bad idea bro, bad idea

8. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

Anything that breaks immersion in a simulation game needs serious reconsideration in my opinion. LB was clear in the 3-month video that he didn't want players to even be able to 'teleport' straight out of town from their houses, he wants them to have to walk out the gate. This teleporting guards whenever & wherever you're attacked idea seems way OP and unrealistic.. let's just assume it was possible in-game to allow people to instantly teleport friends to their aid whenever threat of combat occurs; what is to stop the 'red' players from having the same ability?: So one guy wanders up to you. You're busy mining and figure he'll leave you alone -and if not, you feel pretty sure you can take him out.. Then he attacks and the moment combat begins five other reds are surrounding you (having teleported to his aid), all attacking you at once! -I don't see any difference between this scenario and yours. Both are illogical within the lore of this game world.

I'm a little rusty on my circle spells, but I'm pretty certain there was never a 'teleport friends to my location' spell.. summon undead/daemon/elemental, sure
    at high levels, but even a very powerful wizard able to teleport can only go small distances (certainly limited to within an instance) without a moongate.. and moongates traditionally only take you to specific locations around the world.

Given the situation provided: a resource gatherer, purposely choosing to gather resources in whatever version that this game winds up having for a 'PVP'-possible area, doesn't want to bring a fighter along to keep watch. But they also don't want to accept the risk of being attacked while defenseless, even after making the choice to be there alone! Do I have it right? It just doesn't make any sense to me that there should be any reason to provide 'magical' assistance to this person. (I'm not a PVPer by the way, and personally abhor PKing. But I do like knowing that I always have the choice to not be virtuous one day, haul off and try to kill someone, and face the consequences.. I also look forward to seeing PKers get caught and thrown into prison, and suffering for their crimes in-game.)

The only reason I support the idea of a fully PVP-enabled world, is that is reality. In reality you don't live in fear of being killed while walking down the street everyday, and that is primarily because the consequences in our society prevent it. In-game, players are even more likely to kill, because life isn't viewed as valuable in a game environment.. people re-spawn for one, secondly it isn't real, and lastly the consequences are never as severe (except when it's considered griefing and you get banned, but that's outside the game's lore and context). I think it is possible to introduce in-game consequences that keep the game fun for both parties when a killing event occurs, and the results wind up being rewarding and enjoyable for both parties, however it plays out. That is my dream, and I believe SotA will succeed in making it happen.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.