Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Becoming a Ghost

Discussion in 'Release 12 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Nov 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I think there's too much scouting capability as a ghost. I'm not sure what the long term death mechanic plans are, but currently I would recommend the following:

1. Any summoned creature or pet is killed when the owner dies.
    2. Ghosts must stay close to their corpse.
    3. Ghosts can not leave the scene.
    4. Ghosts CAN see undead creatures and players while they're using death magic! :)
    5. Ghosts CAN interact with players (chat) if the players are using an item or spell that allows them to understand "ooooOOoOOooOOOoo".
    6. Ghosts can prolong their stay in the world by performing some kind of action. This gives players the ability to "wait" to be resurrected by another player.

Joviex likes this.
  2. Dreamwriter

Dreamwriter Avatar

7. Ghosts can choose to instantly respawn rather than wait for the ghost timer to run out; at a minimum put a respawn device at the entrance to the zone, so if players manage to get their ghost back there they don't have to choose between waiting for it to run out or exiting/re-entering the zone

3. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

You can technically do that already.

Dead? Leave the zone, re-enter the zone. Timer gone, penalties non-existant.

Obviously (*I THINK) its a bug, as I shouldnt be able to zone and re-heal.

Anyone tried /zone while dead in the same zone? havent thought of that, will add it to my smoke test list.

Cheers.

4. redfish

redfish Avatar

Cool.

Ideas,

1. Ghosts can spook small animals.
    2. Ghosts can knock over objects and rattle chains.
    3. Ghosts can use ectoplasmic residue to a. materialize themselves for a period of time. b. possess a being that's covered in the residue.
    6. Ghosts can extend the distance they can go from their body with some ability (astral thread) that lasts a specific amount of time.
    7. A mage can cast a spell that temporarily makes him dead and puts him into the form of a ghost, which in combination with extension, acts like astral projection. When the amount of time is over, the body revives and the character is returned to it. It can also be used for possession.

Joviex likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.