help please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dareus, Nov 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dareus

Dareus Avatar

Just downloaded the game and got it started but it wont let me log in to play. It tells me an error occured and to check my internet connection. I have checked everything I can find and all other games come up perfectly. Any idea what the problem could be?

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Robby

Robby Avatar

Try logging in thru steam maybe?
    Right click on icon and run as administrator...
    Or...
    Get ahold of a computer whiz. Take it to one of those businesses that specialize in getting things to work on your computer.
    Thats the best advice ive got. All I know how to do with computers is play video games on them. =(

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

"The Wrath of Khan!" :mad:
    There could be many reasons for this, most having to do with connection and also the amount of people.
    I play from Thailand and when everyone in Thailand is on the internet + everyone that's playing our game is on line = disconnect for ~Time Lord~:(
    I can sometimes during peek hours log in and enter "on the world map" much more easy than if I would have "entered wherever my Avatar was in the game.
    I sometimes have a hard time entering different locations because they are packed with people playing. Like last night... I couldn't get into any of the areas I wanted to hunt in. I tried them all and everywhere I tried to go "I was disconnected" :(
    So, I went to the location where no body goes... "The Kobold Camp" :D and then I killed every Kobold in it (which BTW gains you a total of about 1100 gold)...

Sometimes my connection is "very good" to our game, and other times not... o_O
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

Lord Baldrith and Lord Spaz like this.
  4. smack

smack Avatar

From the Known Issues document, you should check to see if the following ports are open.

Connectivity:
    1. The following firewall ports must be open for the Launcher and Game Client to run properly.
      Launcher:
    TCP Port 5074
    UDP Port 3544
    UDP Port 6881

Game Service:
    UDP 5054
    UDP 5055
    UDP 5056
    UDP 5057
    UDP 5058
    UDP 5059

Sebastion and Time Lord like this.
  5. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Dareus,

Welcome to the community!

I'm assuming you have an Adventurer or higher pledge to give you access to the game?

Did you install the basic client, or are you playing the game through Steam?

What error are you getting when you try to login?

Time Lord likes this.
  6. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

The app should try to open the firewall ports automatically, but you can also just test this from a troubleshooting perspective by opening the ports (or if you don't know how) temporarily disabling the Windows Firewall service.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Lord Spaz

Lord Spaz Avatar

respect poor time lord

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.