New player as of 3 hours ago.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nahz, Nov 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulfric

Ulfric Avatar

Welcome all! As another new player, the tips people mentioned -- particularly sophi and dorkish -- were very helpful, thanks. I'm having trouble finding the named hunter in Braemar though; any pointers on where to look? The NPCs seem pretty tight lipped.

As a side-note, is there somewhere I can read up on decks that other people have put together? I've a vague idea what I want but I'm currently spending all my gold respeccing constantly...

Nahz, HokageFont, Mata and 1 other person like this.
  2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

If I recall I found the Hunter in a field. We wasn't right up by the houses or anything. He took a bit of finding.

Nahz, Loptr and Mata like this.
  3. Ulfric

Ulfric Avatar

Alright, I'll keep my eyes out -- thanks.

Nahz and Mata like this.
  4. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Loptr!

Sir Cabirus and Loptr like this.
  5. aceso

aceso Avatar

Hi all new player here as well, 15ish minutes. MMO on Linux.. sold lol. Anyway, seems I scared off the guard that told me to halt, I could not answer where I cam from, as I do not know, or forgot, I am old after all. Anyone know where he goes after he is disgusted with newbs? haha I am in the first area after the tutorial. Suppose I should go read stuff. Thanks for the links.

Mata, Nahz and HokageFont like this.
  6. Ulfric

Ulfric Avatar

Don't worry aceso, he shouldn't have gone far. That happened to me initially too. He's likely just wandering somewhere else nearby. For what it's worth, it doesn't matter where you're from, as far as I can tell, so you can type whatever you want there... (I hope!)

Mata and Nahz like this.
  7. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

@aceso if you watched the intro video the game you learn that you are playing yourself, or an Avatar of yourself. You're from Earth and you ended up in this fantasy world. So when the guard asks you where you are from, you can answer any way you want, but in theory the honest answer is from Earth.

This is a pre-release game and you're not really starting in the "starting areas". It has been strongly hinted that the game will let you pick from 3 Principles (represented by the 3 Titans) and you will end up in one three starting areas based on your choice, but that is the final launch game. Right now this is a pre-release alpha. We're testing features and systems, but they're keeping a lot of content and the plot hidden.

Mata and Nahz like this.
  8. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Welcome to SOTA!

Mata and Nahz like this.
  9. HokageFont

HokageFont Avatar

Welcome

Mata and Nahz like this.
  10. Nahz

Nahz Avatar

Yes! Welcome!

The guy youre looking for is generally behind the villagers house with the blacksmith stuff in it. If youre walking out of the tavern and you look Northwest (considering north is facing directly away from the tavern) behind those houses in a sort of field...he is usually there and he looks like a normal guy..just ask his name and hes your man.

I hear that using the hides to make leather armor and selling that is a better way to make money though. Anyone know where to get the salt needed to tan the leather?

Mata likes this.
  11. Mata

Mata Avatar

Nahz likes this.
  12. aceso

aceso Avatar

Thanks everyone, I found him lol. Unfortunately my sound was muted during intro, so I missed that tidbit. I have played my fair share of MMOs for over a decade and I have done my fair share of alpha/beta testing :) I knew what I was signing up for. I look forward to working hard to make this a great game! <goes back to reading>

Mata and Nahz like this.
  13. Nahz

Nahz Avatar

Ok maybe im just silly but that's not very helpful. I have no idea where to get salt or chunks of salt...Kingsport shopkeepers are pretty useless and i have no recipes for cooking in my book...unlike every other profession. I bought a Mortar and Pestle so thats 1 thing down. Just looking to get into crafting leather gear.

Also i'd love to know where i could buy maps of say Kingsport or any of the adventure scenes.

You guys are wonderful thank you incredible amounts.

Mata likes this.
  14. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Buy "Chunk of Salt" from Handac, the merchant at the crafting pavilion in Owl's Head.

There is a vendor in Owl's Head who sells most (if not all) the existing recipes in the game. He is in the store behind the Skill Trainer. :)

enderandrew, Nahz and Mata like this.
  15. Nahz

Nahz Avatar

Oh ok i haven't been there yet. :) I just went to Kingsport because i though that was like the central hub city. Thank you very much!

Mata and Duke Raas like this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi Nahz and Aces, Laptr and welcome to you and to anyone I missed. I like to use owlshead since i have learned it best, but you get salt and charcoal if you need it and tools ect from the crafting vendor by the crafting tables, just look for the tents then you will see the crafting tables.

Also for build questions. I got to the skill trainer as soon as I could. did a custom deck, trainer is also by the tent sales people, and did a respec to survive \. Combat is not fully worked out or balanced expecially to do a mage right now. so either put points in swords or I like bludgeon, but there are better swords to use, haven't found a good 2 handed axe which is what i use, put points in heavy armor, tactics, and focus all the way down to the bottom to reduce fizzle. Also added 2 points to focus choice that lets you lock 2 skills, put my heal and fire arrow there for pulling and burning ability. So you can mess around with it, but it will help you immensly to warrior up at this point. good luck everyone, there's a lots to see, but it is important to get yourself spec'd up to survive.

I don't use a shield myself and use 2 handed, also dual weild is great choice, and I survive great, it leaves more points for other stuff. I know there are other types of builds, but this is for an example to you. It'll be much more fun for you if you can survive and start earning some cash, and also for getting resources as you fight away. Watch for the red trees and harvest anything you can find. I hunt for rocks to get ore always, cotton, animals for leather. So this is also from a PVE point of view.;)

Loptr, Nahz and Mata like this.
  17. Mata

Mata Avatar

TheMadHermit and Nahz like this.
  18. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Welcome aboard :)

Nahz and Mata like this.
  19. Nahz

Nahz Avatar

Im sorry to ask such noobish questions all day but where is the guard barracks? I want to sell my ecto to the lord for 50g/ea.

20. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Go as far into Owl's Head as you can. Enmar is in a building up by the vendor market in the very heart of the stone-walled portion of town. :)

enderandrew and Nahz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.