lot & house (newbie's question)

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Flint Westwood, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flint Westwood

Flint Westwood Avatar

My char in new britannia needs a place to live cause he still lives with his mom. And he passed 30.

While he was gathering gold to invest in a hut - all his friends had decent works but he had to kill vermins and monsters to earn some - some doubts came in his mind.

From the mad hermit he learnt that to own a house you also need a deed for a lot, now the question is : the wiping tsunami will bring all away (nostradamus says it will happen the 18th of december) including his person *sigh* but, while he understands his house will go with the wind what will happen to the land deed?

We will keep the deed in a city/town/village on our account or that will go with the flow as well?

Ty for your time.

4EverLost and Gaelis like this.
  2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

There may not be a wipe but if there is you won't have deed or plot. On the up side you now know how to acquire gold faster next time ^.^

3. Flint Westwood

Flint Westwood Avatar

Oh, in game they told me there is probably zero free lots in any town/village right now :(

i'm a sad panda.

4. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Pledge items are bound to acc and when they are in you keep them, but everything else can washed away.

5. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

search in ardoris or other towns

6. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

go to kingsport, click the boats there and look on the islands, many free plots.

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

yeah o hokked him up on Port Mirum :cool:

Themo Lock likes this.
  8. Batoche1864

Batoche1864 Avatar

Ardoris has around 100 available row lots.

9. Flint Westwood

Flint Westwood Avatar

Huge thx to Weins201.

His help got me a water village deed.

In a few i will able to sit on my home-boat, drink bourbon, smoke lucky strikes and investigate on noir stories.

Now where is my polaroid...

10. AceBenSuited

AceBenSuited Avatar

Can't wait to see my basement in my house boat.

Sir Dorham Isycle likes this.
  11. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Port Mirren has many lots open too. I need a neighbor, come on down :). Port Mirren has a boat in Kingshead you can take to reach it.

12. fredingue

fredingue Avatar

Ah, well, i started to dig up mine, but my boat sank :)

enderandrew likes this.
  13. Flint Westwood

Flint Westwood Avatar

I have my lot now in Port Mirren, it's (watching the kingsport travel boat) on the right side shore. My name is Lynyrd Skynyrd, are we neighbours?

There still no house there but i'm earning gold to buy one. Was thinkin to a lighthouse.

I just hope wet air won't be bad for my bones...

14. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Yes I have the castle next to the boat. I will be on tonight, stop by and say hello.

15. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

Let me see if I have this right. As we go along with these publishes. If there is a wipe or at any other time as well we lose all housing, , lot deeds, any armour we may have mase or bogut, all gold and regents we may have gathered,? Everything goes every time there is a wipe? Then we all start from sctatch. Only things we keep are our items we got with donations?

16. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

correct on all but the last part - those items for pledge rewards aren't yet in the game. they're trying to NOT wipe unless if they have to - when pledge rewards are to come in, that will be a guaranteed wipe though. i heard there's one other guaranteed wipe but i forget its context.

another thing - if you pledge higher after they introduce the pledge rewards or don't pledge until they are implemented- to get YOUR rewards, you'd have to wipe your own character again.

let me give you an example here: i plan on upping my pledge in mid to late febuary. if they introduce the pledge rewards, say, on the 18th in r13, then there will be a wipe then. we'll all start from scratch. HOWEVER, even if there is not a wipe in febuary when i up my pledge, i'd have to delete my character and start over to get my rewards.

any wipe AFTER that, either forced or by player decision, you will continue to obtain your rewards.

17. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

if you were to do the pledge at a high level and do it via payments when would you get the rewards? Any idea how much time they give you to complete your pledge via payments?

18. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

I don't recall the devs ever stating such. It has mostly been implied by the community that the inclusion of lot deed pledge rewards would necessitate a wipe of the existing lot claims.

However, with what BurningToad mentioned on how they intend to implement lot deeds (where deeds are consumed by the lot claim process, and returned to you when you unclaim the lot), wiping the existing claims is not really necessary.

Anyone who has a claim now will simply end up having an extra lot deed in their possession.

A wipe of all lot claims prior to the actual official lot selection process is pretty much guaranteed.

Most likely a full wipe of the entire game-space will occur prior to official launch to ensure everyone starts on an even footing (since bugs and exploits have already unbalanced the game for early adopters). :)

You currently have until June 2015 to complete your monthly payment plan. Though Portalarium has already extended that date twice now.

Aim for that date though, until they say otherwise. :)

19. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

from what i've heard , i hope i'm wrong and you are right. it would be a shame to lose what we've built up so far - but understandable if it is indeed required. nature of the game at this point really.

i've always considered the last one before pre-launch early-access to be a guaranteed, i don't even notice it anymore these days.

Duke Raas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.