Talking about Guilds...Loot Settings

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Sold and gone, Dec 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Exactly, thank you. I know this system will not satisfy all the players but it does help.

2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

It is a very creative idea.

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I like that idea a lot. Especially if there's a sliding scale that guild leaders can agree to prior, as well as setting victory conditions.

I like the idea of tying this into guild housing too. That would be a nice victory condition, trying to take over someone else's guild house.

4. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

now I cant remember, and maybe I should watch further, but didnt they say something about guild castles or what not? I will do some more research on it and post my findings in the guild housing post.

Harmony2 and Moonshadow like this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

There are definitely plans for castles that can be occupied by players. There's a stretch goal for it.

6. cariac

cariac Avatar

Im looking for a game like UO. Full loot.

blaquerogue likes this.
  7. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

I'm not trying to shot down the idea, but you do need to think about exploits and border cases. For example:

- Two players, one Standard and one Hardcore, attack a Hardcore player. How does loot work in this case? Does the extra Standard player works as "cheap" muscle, in the sense he gets to help do the kill but isn't risking anything?
    - A Hardcore is searching for prey and has an ungrouped, Standard friend at ready. He attacks, alone, another Hardcore player, and if it seems like he will lose the Standard friend jumps into the fray, changing the looting rules into standard loot. How do you prevent this?

Unless you completely separate those you called Hardcore and Standard then such issues and exploits crop up, and they need to be dealt with. Otherwise the experience is prone to be quite bad for everyone that isn't exploiting the rules.

8. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Yes, I agree, and you are not shooting down the idea, you are discussing it. :) Thank you! In my opinion you could not have it both ways. It would be up to the guilds that war each other to pick which looting scenario to choose. Some guilds might want the lighter loot feature. Some of the hardcore would only war if it was full loot. They would not be able to attack each other in a "guild war" scenario if they had different looting preferences. Now if they are flagged for pvp also in open world flagging it would be subject to what ever the open world dictates. This is just how I see it happening, and thank you for this topic up.

Harmony2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.