Possible Names for a Holdfast

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Owens Casey, Nov 14, 2014.

?

Feedback On POT name

1. 2Blindeye

12.5%
  2. Robert Treat Farm

25.0%
  3. Cahersiveen

43.8%
  4. Honors Hold

43.8%
  5. Becca's Pond

18.8%
  6. Center Bridge

6.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Owens Casey

Owens Casey Avatar

This is completely exploratory.

If I can raise the funds. If not will try to save enough for ep2.
    Will use same ideas then.

possible names :

2Blindeye I take care of a blind elderly person. Life choice I made.
    ( have a idea with this name / town at night could be scary and evil turning a blind eye to evil goings on. Then during the day strictly noble and righteous. )

Robert Treat Farm - place i went to often as a child.

Cahersiveen - round fort in ireland / has family meaning for me. My great great grandfather left a position
    of wealth to marry a low born servant. They were shunned and made a decision to leave the village to find a new life in the US.

Honors Hold - Place where tournaments occur, my great great uncle was a medal of honor recipient in the us civil war.

Becca's Pond - Real life Pond named after my great grandmother

Center Bridge - Bridge in dead center over a stream / separating 13 lots on one side and 14 on the other.
    No meaning to me other then functionally.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANKS
    1st of all I would thank people on the forum for being generous with their time in answering my questions in the past few weeks. People here show a lot of patience with newcomers and I think that is important always for games and communities because new people could always be a huge part of a community's future.
    Especially would like to thank spoon for welcoming me and inviting me to a community the 1st day I got here.

About me: I am a older guy who has enjoyed video gaming from my teens back in the 70's .. yes i had the 1st pong consoles lol. I take care of a elderly blind person (my mom), she needs 24 7 care so rather than hire a stranger I chose to change my life. My biggest gaming experience was running a 350 man racing league for 5 years using the nascar papyrus series of games. I started that league alone and build it recruiting one person at a time. So I am not new to building something from scratch.

Hold fast:
    21 village lots I believe.

Focusing on farming village feel except for one village inn, one village noble / larger building, and a few windmills. Rest village lots small meager type housing. Underground housing do whatever you want.

Been drawing up different ways to split up the lots and have come up with some somewhat interesting concept on land and the ''rights'' to a lot.

I am not willing to share it all yet, I have the land drawn out (with plots/ points of interest so on) on a full size 18x20 storyboard.
    ------------------------------------------

LOTS: There will be taxes, but taxes will vary in types, and the plots will NOT be perma owned. They will be earned. The taxes will be in the form of tributes.

It will be challenging and a badge or honor to those that earn the lots. I plan have a town archive to which the inhabitants i'll be documented as part of the story. How they earned the lots so on.

My town if it happens will have a few different types of taxes, not all monetary. Also Role play will have ALOT to do with the taxes.

Also larger towns that I make plans with will act out a feudal system and receive benefits of a vassal system . So my holdfast will be able to be taken over by larger towns or guilds.

I won't go into detail but I already have a plan laid out that will be fun and endear role play and pvp and affect the trading and land of the realm not just the hold. (will include tournaments every 4 to 6 weeks and it won't just be won by might there will be tests of might and enlightenment, artistry, and tournaments will change giving different groups a chance to overtake the village)

If you like my idea I am more then willing to accept donations of gifting from the sota store.

But and a big but ... no special treatment or expectations attached to the donations.
    (i doubt donations will occur lol, but even donations as small as $5 coins will help me towards my goal)

Feel free to comment or add ideas. (keep in mind i have a a 18x20 storyboard with map of town laid out
    following ideas and ""guidelines"" from sota's dev player towns hangout on youtube.)

thanks for taking time to read this!

Tahru, Mata, Spoon and 1 other person like this.
  2. Owens Casey

Owens Casey Avatar

place holder

3. Owens Casey

Owens Casey Avatar

thanks for voting.. need some more input. still raising money.

I have huge supply of American flag baseball hats im trying to sell,
    had them in storage I used to sell hats and flags years ago and forgot I had them.
    Selling them for 7 to 10 bucks each and tryn to raise unfound money that way.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Good luck to you and I'm not sure what to vote on. It depends on what name has a special meaning for you. Is it Becca's Pond? What is the meaning behind that name? I think a name should be a refection of you and what you are going for. What is the idea of your town? Perhaps details could help us help you.;)

5. Owens Casey

Owens Casey Avatar

thanks for input and interest. (I wrote meaning of each name next to it in my above post...)

2Blindeye I take care of a blind elderly person. Life choice I made.
    ( have a idea with this name / town at night could be scary and evil turning a blind eye to evil goings on. Then during the day strictly noble and righteous. )

Robert Treat Farm - place i went to often as a child.

Cahersiveen - round fort in ireland / has family meaning for me. My great great grandfather left a position
    of wealth to marry a low born servant. They were shunned and made a decision to leave the village to find a new life in the US.

Honors Hold - Place where tournaments occur, my great great uncle was a medal of honor recipient in the us civil war.

Becca's Pond - Real life Pond named after my great grandmother

Center Bridge - Bridge in dead center over a stream / separating 13 lots on one side and 14 on the other.
    No meaning to me other then functionally.

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh very cool, some very good ideas, now to decide which theme calls to you most. Do you want your town to be scary and evil looking at night? It sounds like a cool concept,
    kind of like vampires coming out at night, or ghoulies lol. Ok I will vote for that. It is really a great idea:)

7. Owens Casey

Owens Casey Avatar

thanks do much! hope your having a great evening.

majoria70 likes this.
  8. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

The vote is a good idea, although it is hard to choose as they could all work.

9. Heskel

Heskel Avatar

10. Owens Casey

Owens Casey Avatar

just want to say ty for those that participated and asked questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.