What is PvP?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Mugly Wumple, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

We all see what we want to see I guess.

Ahh well, we have been through this too many times that I am not going to change your view and well you just aren't going to change mine...

Ultima Aficionado likes this.
  2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

No I don't, I just don't ignore their existence.

PK's that do not care about attacking people that do not wish to PvP have a place in SotA. Flag open PvP and PvP anyone they wish. Those that wish to attack anyone that is not consenting to PvP are the only ones that are not supported in SotA.

3. Ultima Aficionado

Ultima Aficionado Avatar

Agreed,

I think we both just have different preferences. I want a world with unlimited freedom, including the ability to attack anyone at any time and take anything that interests me from their cold corpse. I also want the option to contest players who seek to live a life of murder and bring them to justice. There is no moment more satisfying than when you scratch a name off a list of a PK you sought vengeance against.

It is my impression that you do not want to have to worry about PKs. You want to pursue quests and explore dungeons without interference from other players. You also do not want to repeatedly "res killed" similar to what happened in the early days of Ultima Online.

I can respect your point of view. I will never agree with it, but I can respect it.

blaquerogue likes this.
  4. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

I'd wish for the same world that UA described. The problem for me is that such total freedom attracts many who would abuse that freedom. Such freedom can lead to an explosion in the population of sharks and I don't want to worry about sharks every time I venture into the water.

As an aside, the creators of EVE were players and huge fans of UO PvP.

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.