Something missing...

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Stray, Dec 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stray

Stray Avatar

On my walks through the land, I find the land barren...

No birds, no harpies, no trolls, ettins, ogres, myrms, drakes, dragons, orcs, goblins, gazers, lizard men, fishin/boating, gargoyle, mongbats, tentacles, reapers.... and such.

Also, will there be the ability to move around without the dual map, moving section to section?
    One of the best things about UO was the fact you could walk for years, and still find new things.

2. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

Creatures in game are mostly place holders right now. They will be more varied as more are introduced. As for the dual map, that will remain. The over world map will have roaming encounters and be more dense with stuff as the game matures.

3. Stray

Stray Avatar

Has there been any suggestion to allow a button to pop up when leaving a town or area (say when leaving Kingsport the option is [Dual Map] or [Kings Road])?
    Or plans for massive areas?

Thank you for your reply.

4. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Well, there is no option because Hexes were removed/combined into larger areas.

There is only the Dual Map.

The random encounter's you get "along" King's Road are not actually King's Road, as King's Road has no scene (*currently, if ever).

IOW, there is no continuous map -- once there was a pseudo one when the Dual Map had a hex grid, but that grid has now been collapsed into "areas", and those areas are not end-to-end with each other.

Stray likes this.
  5. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Agreed, we need more creatures. I want to see trolls, ettins, harpies, dragons...I'm tired of undead and spiders. I don't think they are placeholders...

Duke Raas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.