What games are you playing before launch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tygron, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloudroth

Cloudroth Avatar

Several in there I would like to play - SMT, Dark Souls, Ultima series from GOG. Currently too busy with school to put much time into games but I get one done every now and then. I have a big list though of games I want to play going back quite a ways.

Currently playing Valkyrie Profile and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I particularly like hard challenges so I really try to do legit (non-cheating or trainer) playthroughs on the hardest difficulties, fight all optional bosses, etc. I am a bit of a completionist and difficulty masochist that way but it feels good after finishing. :)

2. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

I had a good list going for a while, but this year have been very busy with work. So when time permits...

1. MineCraft
    2. STO - now too many bugs to waste my time on it.
    3. NWO - tried Neverwinter, got bored after a week.
    4. Nodiatis - Infrequent.
    5. LOTRO - Infrequent.
    6. BSGO - Infrequent.
    7. UOR - Infrequent.
    8. EUO - Infrequent.
    9. FTL - When I want a quick game.
    10. Any of the Ultima games, will probably hit VI up shortly. It is missed.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. RelExpo

RelExpo Avatar

Games being played:
    1. Ultima Online (running events)
    2. League of Legends (can't help myself)
    3. DawnGate (fun to help a friend with their upcoming game)
    4. Far Cry 3 (blown away by the story, graphics, gameplay, awesomeness. Haven't played an FPS I enjoyed since Duke Nukem)
    5. GTA San Andreas (the west side is the best side! The only GTA I haven't played through yet)
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars (love going on a rampage and just destroying things and am amazed it's a DS game)
    7. Puzzle Pirates (love the puzzles, sailing around and chatting with pirates)
    8. Skyrim (still haven't beaten the main storyline, I keep getting side tracked)
    9. Candy Crush Saga (mainly to give hearts and passes to friends)
    10. MineCraft (my son likes to play with me though I have to turn PvP off)
    11. Skylanders (another game with my son that we have a blast with)
    So yea... not many. All the violent games I have to wait until nighttime when no one is around... makes me feel a little guilty playing them but guess that's what makes them fun too. This list doesn't include the arcade games I play at work either sooo.... *eek*

4. Sinclair

Sinclair Avatar

I have a original version of Dungeon Siege. Which Ultima V mod are you playing? Lazarus?

5. LadyM

LadyM Avatar

Tried FINAL FANTASY XIV beta but already know what kind of game it will be after 2 levels... simply can't stand another questing/leveling grind, so until a sandbox game comes out, I shall collect stamps and crochet doilies... *grin*. My husband and daughter wants me to play Minecraft but I can't get past the "blockiness" of it :(

Darthan Haj MGT470 likes this.
  6. chillblain

chillblain Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Too many good games and the wait is brutal. Unlike with normal releases which you tend to hear about and then wait a while till they come out, Kickstarted games you are already invested in and usually get a stream of regular updates- a blessing and a curse. On the bright side, with most Kickstarters, you usually get early demos or versions to try out which is a thing most of the industry has left behind.

7. Cloudroth

Cloudroth Avatar

Good to know. This is my first participation in a Kickstarter project and I was unsure of the protocol in regards to customer participation. Agile methods much? :)

8. Siderious

Siderious Avatar

Fine, I will bite :)

Currently Active Games:
    • Dwarf Fortress [So many folks talk about this one, read the O'reilly book and watched several LPs to learn how to play, still on my first game and haven't gotten killed, yet]
    • Minecraft [Server Admin]
    • Gnomoria [I will be buying this to support the Devs]
    • Parallel Kingdom on Android [Good for a quick fix and when travelling]
    • Clash of Clans [Playing with family members to help them out]
    Games on Pause:
    • Skyrim [Stopped because one the quests is bugged, have not gotten around to downloading update]
    • Puzzle Quest [I am completing every quest, good for quick fixes, but I have not played it lately]
    • FTL [Need to re-install]
    Games that I wish I had the time to play:
    • X3 Series
    • Civilization V

Krez likes this.
  9. ZooK

ZooK Avatar

Mount and Blade mostly.
    Probably my favorite game now (at least, until SotA comes out :p)

A healthy dose of Dark Souls also. Really addictive.

monxteri likes this.
  10. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

I understand what you're saying. But then you pledge on a KS project that doesn't have much, but listening to what the developer says, only to find they didn't exactly say what they meant and you're not happy with the direction they are going in. Now you're stuck.

11. chillblain

chillblain Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Ah, that's true. Depending on how active the developer is there might still be a back and forth dialogue between the kickers and the dev to hopefully fix/improve things if the community is generally unhappy with the direction things are going. Kickstarter projects ideally should be communal and actively changing. I wouldn't necessarily dismiss a project because a part of it seems to be heading in a direction you don't like, you can sometimes be surprised with the results. It's tough to judge a game on the whole before you have a playable version in front of you. Game development is an iterative process and things take time to be fleshed out and proven, sometimes teams have to go back to the drawing board after trying out a few things and as such the game can change quite a bit over time.

Cloudroth likes this.
  12. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Before the game goes live I'll be too busy beta testing SotA, and posting in the forums to play another game.

13. kalvaer

kalvaer Avatar

Just finished "Metro: last light" and "Remember Me" and want to get back to finishing all the Skyrim Add-ons.
    But there hasn't been anything that stands out

14. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

Well, for me, as far as MMOs go:

- MMOs I'm playing: LotRO, TSW, Marvel Heroes. Not really dedicated to any of them, though.
    - MMOs I jump in from time to time: DCUO, STO, GW1, Planetside 2.
    - MMOs on hold: GW2, Firefall, WoW. Something about each drove me away, but I'm likely to return in the future.

Apart from those, I'm often jumping from game to game; I have a few hundred games on my Steam and GOG accounts, and I do love to play some oldies. A few highlights from the latest weeks:

- Alpha Centauri (which I still consider the best Civilization-like game out there)
    - Wing Commander: Privateer
    - Baldur's Gate
    - Ultima 7
    - XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    - Gianna Sisters
    - Dark Souls
    - KotOR
    - A few Telltale adventures

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Umbrae

Umbrae Avatar

Just picked up UnEpic for $4.99 on GOG (http://www.gog.com/gamecard/unepic) which is on sale until July 5th. Really awesome game. If you like Castlevania and Metroid, but thought is was missing some RPG/D&D goodness, then this is definitely worth a look.

I mean, really, a platformer where switching between an ax (break barrels and doors) and a sword (kill fleshy things) matters. :)

Beware the pee break...

Darthan Haj MGT470 likes this.
  16. The Captain

The Captain Avatar

Yes, Lazarus is the Ultima V mod for Dungeon Seige I'm installing right now.

http://www.u5lazarus.com/

17. RelExpo

RelExpo Avatar

Just watched the video and I must say, I think I might check this out. Nice cheap early birthday present for me. Thanks!

Edit - And now Retro City Rampage...

18. Sigma476

Sigma476 Avatar

Currently I've been playing Defiance on my 360, but I'm going to start playing more PC MMO's to get ready for SotA

19. BillRoy

BillRoy Avatar

My wife got me War Z (the name's been changed to Infestation: Survivor Stories) reciently, it is a good game and really gets you hooked

If you like open being in an open PvP world you'll like this, zombies are the least of your problems in this game.

20. MrJohnSherry

MrJohnSherry Avatar

Trying to clear alot of my backlog of games! Just finished The Last of Us and Heavy Rain! Still have;

Red Dead Redemption
    XCOM
    Kingdoms of Amalur
    Ico/Shadow of Collosus HD Collection

To go, before GTA 5 is out! Contemplating picking up Shadowrun Returns next month :O :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.