OMG, and General "How best to get started?" question...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ceremony, Jan 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceremony

Ceremony Avatar

Although I've been a supporter since April of last year, I really "dove in" last night to get the Yule Hat (and am now very upset I didnt log in earlier to get the hats I've now missed...) I met some wonderful people, and was ASTOUNDED (the "OMG" of my post title) at how helpful folks in-game were. I mean, wow... the feels. Last night was the first time I played a game in YEARS and just wanted to explore instead of immediately try to min-max. I found myself talking to other players and walking around town more than anything else... I loved looking at peoples houses and just picking a direction and walking. Very optimistic.

First question: Is there any way to grab any of the rarities I've missed?

Second question: How best to get started in terms of ... What zones are good for early monster hunting and XPing? Which skills are recommended for early on? What are the best in-game "hot spots" for gearing up, trading, etc. Basically, what are some "lessons-learned" that you could impart on an experienced gamer new to SOTA?

Thank you!
    Cer

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I'm afraid the hats are exclusive to the release they were available in. they're meant to be rare. So the only way to get them will be from other players after release.

I got most of my XP in North Ravenswood once I hit about level 15 or so. Bandits had good loot and there's plenty of resources around the lake.. but last I checked they were only dropping gold now.

Logain, Ceremony, Themo Lock and 2 others like this.
  3. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

First of all welcome to the comunity.
    crafting leather and turning it into armor is probably the quickest way to make gold.
    my recomindation is something completly differant.
    i would sit back and relax right now. a schedualed wipe is on the 28 of jan. (some one please correct me if i am wrong i have seen the dates 4 differant ways now) when r-14 comes out.
    one of the best resources in the game to figure out how to do things is https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...d-other-towns-and-villages.19581/#post-298644
    the mad hermits vidios. look him up on you tube he has many great vidios on the how to in this game. personaly i think he is one of the best assests in the game u can use.
    secondly wodys bar in kingsport... alot of great guys hang out thier. they will be more than happy to show you around and a few back woods things u might miss.
    check out http://avatarsradio.com get in thier chat. listen to thier music they annouce alot of in game activites and one of the dj's (dj royal sexy ) takes people out every week for some fun group hunting defintly worth seeing and doing
    my thing is i wouldnt grind this close to a wipe. i would practice a bit with the differant crafting stations to get a familuarity of it. But explore explore explore. learn the map learn whats where and so forth. get your christmas hat. have some fun right now we are all going to be grinding very hard soon enough.
    thier are some wonderful guilds to meet up with. depending on your playstyle. i wont mention any names here at this time only cause thier are far to many to type the good ones out and i hate to accidently forget one.
    again welcome. any questions feel free to post here in the forums or hit any of us up in the game

thiers a thread i have lost that has alot of good information as soon as i find it ill post it here for you

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

The community here is really wonderful!

I'd go to North Ravenswood next perhaps, and then Deep Ravenswood when you can handle it. The Elder and Obsidian Wovles there will get you plenty of XP!

Take the animal hides, turn them into leather and then craft leather armor for a profit. Repair your armor. Spend your skill-points.

Also, it helps to find a group to get involved with. I'm a member of Moongate Travellers, but I maintain a list of all the guilds here so you can pick one that suits you:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/updated-guild-list.7254/

5. Ceremony

Ceremony Avatar

Great feedback! Thanks all :)

Tahru likes this.
  6. Barnabas Znick

Barnabas Znick Avatar

To make gold from the suggested "craft armor from leather", should we be selling the to players or some npc somewhere?

Z

7. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Any NPC will buy your leather in this release. Moving forward, a food merchant won't buy your armor, and what they pay out will be based on supply and demand. If a vendor already had 57 full suits of leather armor, they won't give you much for another suit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.