Housing Observation

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Kuvu, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuvu

Kuvu Avatar

Something i have noticed and it might have just been me. Has anyone noticed how large and majestic some of the houses look on the outside but once you go in the rooms are so chopped up they look tiny or is it the items are too big to put in the rooms. Just seems to me that the rooms are really tiny when trying to put stuff down. Just something seems to be off to me, some of these houses should have more open floor plans instead of being so chopped up into multiple tiny rooms.

an example, the Knight Benefactor house, go to the stairs to the second floor, go up and look at the wall next to the stairs, there is a huge area between the windows that sticks out from the wall, ok so you look at it and you think hmm maybe its for a fireplace chimney and then you go downstairs and look at the base floor and there is no fireplace, then look at the rooms on either side and they have a section that is cut into the rooms in line with the upstairs part that does nothing but take up space. There is no reason for that to be there and it takes up a huge area that could be used for decoration, just like the stairs going up to the roof, no reason that the area under the stairs going up should go all the way to the floor, it could be cut out at a angle which would allow you more floor space and wouldn't make the room look so boxy and square.

The same could be said for the front of the house on the second floor, there is no reason for the large inset in the front room also, it just takes up space for no reason.

Really just about the best place to put stuff and not be constricted with space are the roofs and if you look at a lot of the larger houses most of the items are on the roof because the rooms in the houses are so chopped up and small its almost impossible to do much.

Thats just one example but just about all the houses are like that in one way or another.

Budner, Sofiamia, lollie and 2 others like this.
  2. Drowan

Drowan Avatar

There are quite a few models I like from the outside but once inside, as you stated, the rooms are so small I kind of write them off. It would be nice to have houses that are essentially clones, but where maybe the 2nd model option featured a lower story with a great room, with upper stories multiple room floors. That said, the basements are huge and offer a solution, though not quite as nice because they are instanced.

Sofiamia and Tahru like this.
  3. fattymoomooman

fattymoomooman Avatar

Varies a fair bit by house design on the row lots. I found that out of all row houses released so far the stone and plaster 4 story with red roof and balcony has the best floor space - there is the overhang on the ground floor to put a few things outside and because the remaining 3 floors all fill out to the front of the plot the rooms are of a good size. I would like to see a version of the row house in a marble design like the old UO houses with the low floor being only half depth with a bit of yard at the front and 2 pillars either side to support the upper floors, 2 floors that are full size rooms and a rooftop garden - that would be my ideal SOTA house.

Add to that a 5 story basement and thats a LOT of room to decorate...

lollie, Spoon and majoria70 like this.
  4. Kuvu

Kuvu Avatar

Even the basements though are all chopped up, i picked up a 2 story basement and thought i would put my crafting stations in there and it was all chopped up with little rooms it was useless.

5. Sofiamia

Sofiamia Avatar

There is a stone basement with 2 floors, one very large open floor on first floor and a little space beneath, on sale at the add- on store. I bought that a couple of days ago but as yet have not received it in my in-game bank with my house deed. I think it's probably one of the stone basements I've read about that haven't been implemented in the game.

I agree as to the problems with the insides of some of the homes. I bought a small village house, 1-story, that was as cute as a button on the outside. The inside was another matter. The walls were so convoluted very few items could be placed and the wood panels on the walls prevented hanging paintings.

Currently, there are no locks on our doors and we are free to explore the different models before buying. I didn't know this when I bought Crazy Clown's House of Nooks and Crannies. (There is so much for a new player like me to read and catch up on about the details of this game.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.