Where are we going

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Jade, Jan 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade

Jade Avatar

I would like to know how much more there is to do. It seems like a small world with very little variety in monsters and potential loot. I am a new donor so I am sorry if I seem impatient. Considering the cost of housing I would like some idea of what the end game release might look like. I am an old UO player who loved the game. I dream of this being the same thrilling ride!

Tahru likes this.
  2. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

The "world" you see now is just a small island. Next release will see the first version of the continent Novia. So in the "final" game there will be much more to explore.
    Also there will be an epic story that will lead us across the continent and which can be enjoyed in single player, too!
    So the final game will (hopefully) not be about killing enemies and acquiring loot but about following the story (alone or with friends) as well as you living a virtual life in the fantasy world - you can be a crafter, you can own a home, you can play a part in a stage-play, you can explore the lands, you can be a hunter or gatherer etc.

3. smack

smack Avatar

Welcome to the community! In addition to what Lord Darkmoon said, it's going to be a very long journey, not just in terms of getting the game completed -- it's only about 20% complete and even then we've only been given access to a portion of that -- but because the story will span 5 games (episodes) over the next 6+ years! And in addition to the story, there's a very active and vibrant community that will create their own content for the game. The sandbox being built is going to be an awesome playground for them -- for all of us.

So it's probably way too early to even think about end game content but just know that you're in for one helluva ride. Well, as long as you don't mind the whole pre-alpha thing.

Tahru, Lord_Darkmoon and Schmidbauer like this.
  4. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Avatar

Are you aware that this game is still PRE ALPHA? We are even lucky they are letting us play day in and day out, basically all we are doing is testing the mechanics for them to make the game more stable. The game is not even beta yet.

Either way welcome to the game, I'm a long time UO player myself and they are definitely not taking the UO approach so far, which is very unfortunate. Hopefully it doesn't turn out like the other 100 MMO's out there, I was always expecting a 3D UO with an updated system, either way I've had a blast so far.

Tahru and Siren like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome Saphire to Shroud of the Avatar. Were you able to get a house? If you need in game help I'd be
    happy to help.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.