Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Complaint time!

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Docktor, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Docktor

Docktor Avatar

Some of the things I'd like to see are for the movement and actions to work properly. Currently there are major problems with Jump, Turn Right/Left (Something no other game has figured out either!) and battle where we jump through mobs and they run through us. I know it's only in the pre-Alpha stage, but it's something that needs to be seriously addressed.

2. Heradite

Heradite Avatar

Can you specify what you mean by jump and turning right and left?

3. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

All of these things work fine already. >.>

lollie, KuBaTRiZeS and Montaigne like this.
  4. mike11

mike11 Avatar

actually today I experienced something like this.. just for a bit - try relaunching the program?

I think it might be related to encumbrance. In inventory when your carrying too much you become overloaded, as that was just a feature added this release I'm suspecting it's a new bug.

lollie and Themo Lock like this.
  5. FanofIolo

FanofIolo Avatar

I haven't noticed problems with turning and jumping yet, but will look out for them. It is true that while fighting I can just run through my opponents and attack from behind. I like being able to do that (shame on me).

I appreciate posts that contain constructive criticism and have titles that give an indication of the subject matter. Imagine if everyone raising an issue, reporting a bug or glitch labeled their post "Complaint time!". A large percentage of the posts would have the same title. Not to mention the atmosphere in the forum would suffer greatly.

6. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

The turn left/turn right keys are way too slow. If you use the mouse to turn this is a lot faster and you can in fact adjust the speed in the settings. There needs to be something similar for the turn left/right keys.

I also find jump strange, it's the whole delay thing that you jump on release of the key rather than when you hit it. Also the gravity seems weird, feels like slow motion along with the fact that you can change direct in mid-air as well.

I think the best way to put it would be by saying that character movement doesn't feel sharp enough yet. In saying that I'm sure there are more important things to be done.

7. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Aha.. i never even tried to turn with keyboard ... ew lol.

Heradite, 4EverLost, lollie and 2 others like this.
  8. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Glad it's not just me on jumping. I notice that a lot in the Compendium dungeon. Oh so annoying, hehe. Hopefully, they're aware of it.

9. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

Longer you hold the space bar the higher you jump, is that the delay your referring to?

10. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Yup that's the one. It either needs to be ditched and change to jump on keypress or the speed increased; at the moment it's just too slow and awkward.

11. Valdric

Valdric Avatar

The dry heave/grunting sound needs to go, too.

davznothere and lollie like this.
  12. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

I have had a jumping issue. I have heavy lifter increased and even at 70/140 I'll try to jump and nothing happens. Especially when running from a mob and I need to jump up on a level higher which I could normally jump onto.

And yeah, the whole hold down the key and wait thing is kind of annoying.

13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I like the jumping, but i agree the left and right turn keys need an option to speed them up. or just speed them up

mike11 likes this.
  14. Borg

Borg Avatar

So, for you everything is working fine, as far as you don't use it, right?

15. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

I agree about jumping. Not a fan of that at all. Like Death-Knell said, I try to jump something that should be a piece of cake and find I can't, then have to back up and run at it a couple times. I prefer normal space bar jumping. I don't feel this mode adds anything to the game but annoyance.

Likewise with the turning. I like to be able to turn my character in place with the camera following behind and only move forward if I choose to, like most every other game I've ever played. I steer with the right mouse button when running around but not 100% of the time. It's situational for me. And not when I'm standing still and trying to run my mouse over things. Using the right mouse button to steer 100% of the time gives me motion sickness due to it also pivoting with up & down included. Some days I've actually had to log out and lay down for a while to get rid of the nausea and headache.

This game has the A & D keys turn your character independent of the camera and your character runs in that direction at the same time. What? Maybe that's nice for pvp and I'm sure that's why they did it, but I don't pvp, I have no use for it, and I'd like to be able to change that.

The Q & E keys initially turn my character with the camera like I want A & D to do, (although in keymapping it says they are "move up/move down.") Weird. But if I remap that to A & D, and put the stupid "run left/run right" on the Q & E, then while Q & E will work, A & D becomes disabled. If I put them back as they were, Q & E will be disabled. (yes I made a bug report).

And there's no strafe that I can find. Has anyone found strafe? I like strafe on the Q & E keys. And I have no use whatsoever for my character to ever run left or run right independently of the camera or turn around and run towards the camera which happens 90% of the time when I just want to back up a few paces. Some people don't like backpedaling, I do.

Docktor, davznothere and Beli Mawr like this.
  16. davznothere

davznothere Avatar

/agreed the jumping is all kinds of wonky and unresponsive and seriously aggravating

Noctiflora likes this.
  17. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

They should just have double tap to jump higher. Its not that your jumping when already in air , wait yes you are. Who cares, make it so anyway.

Heradite, E n v y and Tahru like this.
  18. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Well the post as as vague as hell, as are all his posts, and he makes no mention of keyboard keys does he. The way i turn works fine yes.

Tahru likes this.
  19. Barnabas Znick

Barnabas Znick Avatar

I hadn't felt that turning or jumping felt buggy at all... I'm used to the camera following when turning right or left with the mouse, but I don't feel it's much of a nuisance and am getting used to it not. I can see its uses.

Having said that, I'll add that I don't move much with my keyboard. I move forward and turn with my mouse 80% (ish? lol) of the time, leaving my left hand free for attacking and hotkeys.

I didn't realize that holding down the shift key let you jump higher, so I'm going to play with that next time I login. I could see that having its uses now that I know about it. I might guess that others weren't aware of it either?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.