YOUR VOTE COUNTS HERE! First Crafted Item EVER by Lord British! [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duke Ezekiel Cooper, Feb 16, 2015.

?

Should the developers make Lord British's first handcrafted item static in Shroud of the Avatar?

1. Yes

76 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. No

69 vote(s)
    47.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

2. Zenie

Zenie Avatar

a historic event should have a way to be remembered.

3. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

I would humbly ask for community support in our initiative. I was more than honored to spend some time with our good Lord British at the inaugural BMC Crafting Faire.

4. DarkRenzo

DarkRenzo Avatar

If this item was lost itd be a piece of the SOTA history lost (Lord British visiting a player run event and turning his hand to crafting). Most would of tryed to sell the sword off but instead Ezekiel wants to keep it on display for all to see. i fully agree with this!

5. WindSilvermoon

WindSilvermoon Avatar

First and foremost I think that if this should be a Yes, that it should be something for other players/guilds to obtain at some point. This should be a long remembered event and honor for any player or guild to obtain. I also think it should be static vs being able to be given away, So that players can't sell said item for profit, since I think it should be an honor in game. I know we are very proud to have helped Lord British, make his first weapon. We are also proud to of helped several new players learn how to craft last yesterday for that I am even prouder.
    Mara Mesta
    Wind Silvermoon

FrostII, Tahru, Lord Baldrith and 3 others like this.
  6. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

I have reasons why I voted no.

1. Because it is/would be considered favoritism
    2. Can everyone get to keep the firsts from thier encounters with Lord British. The first hot tub he was in? The first bar stool he sat on? The first armor you died wearing while fighting him? The first Anhk he kneeled at? .........

7. DarkRenzo

DarkRenzo Avatar

He didnt craft the hot tub, bar stool, armor, anhk. It wont be used, no gain will be made by it, simply a piece of history in the game. Would people really act so jelous as to destroy this item rather than enrich the game?

Tahru and Lord Blake Blackstone like this.
  8. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

This is epic. My vote is definitely YES. Well done by all.

9. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I voted no, I think mostly because I didn't understand why we needed to do this.

I can imagine ways that it might be fun to have this item take on a story in the game's history and lore, but I can also see where this might not be a valuable experience for all but a few players.

10. tomelectric

tomelectric Avatar

11. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

A free rare for the owner that's probably worth hundreds, perhaps even thousands of dollars.

whiskey tango foxtrot.

No.

edit: I'd agree (vote yes) if and only if the item is static within an NPC town such as Britanny.

12. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

I am sorry. Ids this for ys ansers only?

13. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I don't think anything done in alpha should be used as history setting.

14. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

That wasn't his first hand crafted item. I was there for the first and it was months prior.

15. WindSilvermoon

WindSilvermoon Avatar

Lord British Said it was his first Crafted item, yesterday in both Old World and New Britannia . Now weather that is true I have honestly no way of knowing. However either way, this was still an amazing event. I am personally in favor of a Static Item that other people can earn, Lord British can be a flaming sword or just any sword, and other developers should have items as well to give out and place with people who do good and show great community service. I believe it is something that could add fun and honor to player and guilds a like, and would hope and pray that who earned it or your feelings towards people who earned it would play no part in the fact.
    I have no desire to get into a pissing contest, I'm a lady you'd win, I have only ever dabbled into UO, I am not really a player from the "Old World" I did join BMC but I have only the desire to see wonderful things in this world , in that of a player of any guild. I could see the hope of earning one myself one day, I'd like to see "static" earned items. That are special and honoring to those that enhance the community service.
    Violation you of all people I would of thought with your great sense of community service, would be in support of something that would bring such a wonderful amount of role play and achievement to this game. I mean you yourself sir has done a lot of this community maybe a Dev of the radio would have a static radio to give you for your services, who knows this only opens the door for wonderful things, as I see it.
    Wind Silvermoon

Tahru, danz409 and DarkRenzo like this.
  16. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Shroud of the Avatar is all about player driven stories, lore, and community inspired events. This is a crowd-funded, crowd-developed enterprise. To take an historic event, and create a decoration in game to memorialize it, seems to fit right into the spirit of what we are building here.

And whether this was or was not the first item the good Lord British has crafted, he has stated that it is the first to bear his maker's mark.

[​IMG]

Yavrashu, Lord Lonn, FrostII and 7 others like this.
  17. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

In LB's defense, he does frequent a lot of the drinking establishments in Owl's Head and may very well have other things on his mind (like foam) that may cause him to misremember. :)

18. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

That is a true honor to receive Ezekiel. Congratulations!! I hope those that come behind you have the same opportunity to be knighted by the King of New Britannia. Possibly even those that haven't even played a Lord British/Darkstarr game. Its people like you that set the example of what an exemplary leader should be.

Although, I did vote no.

19. WindSilvermoon

WindSilvermoon Avatar

My bad actually he said it was the first to bare his mark, and yes yes we were all a bit drunk, the craft fair was taxing and I know the bar was a short walk.. it originally started as we'd stop drinking once we couldn't make it up hill, and then it was as long as we didn't trip twice.. next thing you know we woke up laying in our soup tureens... I digress tho.. I still think it's an awesome piece of history no matter who has it..
    *OOC*
    I got a screen shot of my IRL husband helping Lord British.. and we are newbies. I just love the community I've ran into in Shroud and I love the role play aspect of it so much! That I can only see the good things that can come with it, oh don't get me wrong I see the bad too, but I honestly see a wonderful community that I haven't seen in such a long time in many MMO's.
    Mara Mesta
    Wind Silvermoon

20. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I am abstaining from this vote :) I most certainly do understand the feeling and warmth of the community, and I love all the time that Lord British spends with the Avatars in this game. I wish we all could get a piece of this wonderful experience and the development of our world. Looking forward to sharing many experiences with everyone in our commonality. *cheers*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.