YOUR VOTE COUNTS HERE! First Crafted Item EVER by Lord British! [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duke Ezekiel Cooper, Feb 16, 2015.

?

Should the developers make Lord British's first handcrafted item static in Shroud of the Avatar?

1. Yes

76 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. No

69 vote(s)
    47.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

I don't know what all the fuss is about, when episode one starts you can all form an orderly queue and you can have one with my name on it :3

2. Siobahn

Siobahn Avatar

well said, great post! it's easy to get lost in the greed and need to feel special, thanks for reminding us to just be satisfied with what we have and Lord British's kindness.

3. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Best idea yet.

licemeat likes this.
  4. Toe2

Toe2 Avatar

Great event! I enjoyed myself at it. I think the item should be wiped when the pre-alpha items are wiped.

Jatvardur likes this.
  5. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

Votedwith no. Where is the proof that he didn't craft anything before?

6. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

Well...
    After a day...
    I think "Event Awareness" is heightened...

Whether the blade is wiped or not, or donated to a museum for all to enjoy, this post's mission is accomplished... :)

ALL community Avatars can register HERE and post ALL of your events for ALL to see...

Thank you,
    Duke Ezekiel Cooper
    President, BMC

7. Entrappedmind

Entrappedmind Avatar

One more random idea - this blade, and a handful of other noteworthy/bugged items (deco only) being part of an archeology storyline event down the line a ways. A massive dig is undertaken to better understand what this land was like before the current forces started exerting their opposing influences.

My submission? An area rug in the shape of leather armor, made up of 99 leather. :)

Themo Lock likes this.
  8. Gareth Caliborne

Gareth Caliborne Avatar

I would say no, since if people can't keep things they worked for through wipes, why should one person be able to keep a "leet" thing they were just handed?

Plus, has anyone considered the possibility that maybe LB handed out such things because he knew the inevitable wipes would take care of them, and thusly he wouldn't have to worry about complaints of favouritism and such?

Ice Queen and Jatvardur like this.
  9. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

My humble opinion is that LB should build himself a castle, open to everyone which holds all the amazing cheats he and his cohorts create on display for all to see. Said castle could be his base of operations when he enters the game from time to time and would be a grand stage for various gatherings. These cheats should be locked down and available only to the creator of same.

Tahru and Jatvardur like this.
  10. Barnabas Znick

Barnabas Znick Avatar

Gosh I hate to say this and some of you will hate me for it, but yes, I feel the sword should stay... and I love the fact LB made it.

But...

Watching the video and seeing ppl type things in chat like "brandish the blade M'Lord" and "tis enough to strike fear in your foes" makes me think "yuck", "eww", and "I so hope ppl don't play that way, I'd have to kill them". (nothing personal, but eeeeew)

11. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Waaaaaaaaaaait for iiiiiiit.....

Barnabas Znick likes this.
  12. Yavrashu

Yavrashu Avatar

I voted "yes", because if that's what LB wants to do, and there really is no good reason to not do so, let it be done already. If the man didn't want to do it, he wouldn't have done it. It is indeed an honor to be received with much gratitude, let it be as such. The recipient has agreed to never sell the item and for it to be displayed proudly, as the first of its kind anywhere, in both Old or New Britannia. Controversial? To some. Favoritism? *shrugs* Game Breaking 1337 item? Hell no. An honor? Hell yes!

Congratulations to Duke Ezekiel Cooper!

I'm sure if you didn't deserve it somehow, it wouldn't have happened. Be proud, be well

13. Duke Ezekiel Cooper

Duke Ezekiel Cooper Avatar

The BMC intends to petition the DEVS to make the actual sword OR the sword that Lord British returns to replicate a static item to be on display with a commemorative plaque in the town square of the NPC capitol city which so that everyone that visits can find the sword and read the history of it?

I have no intentions of relinquishing the original or the commemorative replica to fall into hands that will take it to market. It became an ultra-rare the moment that LB struck the hammer and I know that just as much as anyone. But... I also know that as ultra-rare as it is, that it fell into the most responsible hands that it could have ever fell in...

This guild... this guild leader... WILL do the right thing insofar as this legendary item, and what's more... The people of lands will know that the right thing was done to preserve this most precious of relics and honor it's maker and the people's that it represents...

The BMC knows what it has... The BMC also knows that it is too precious for any one player to possess. It belongs to the people.

Yavrashu likes this.
  14. Gareth Caliborne

Gareth Caliborne Avatar

I think you're making an overly big deal about a random sword, to be honest.

My opinion, of course.

Darlok Brimstone and Montaigne like this.
  15. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

I see a guild chest thumping and trying to gain status or something. Ur driving a silent wedge that will force the devs to stop interacting with us. It already happened with the help fRom devs to get started on comunity prodjects which peeps cried favoritism.

Jatvardur likes this.
  16. Entrappedmind

Entrappedmind Avatar

I already made my opinion known, but to restate, I'm in favor of the sword being a static commemorative item, especially if it were to be integrated into the lore in some archaeological dig type scenario. I agree with the BMC and their supporters where it comes to the importance of the first item bearing a Lord British maker's mark.

However, whether intentional or not, the last post by Ezekiel screams of ego and superiority. I can see that you guys have the game and community's best interests in mind by how involved y'all are - but I would caution you, in the future, to be more aware of how you portray yourselves to those of us who are unaffiliated with any of the bigger guilds or groups - posts like that serve to turn many away from your cause.

With that being said, I've reconsidered my position on the matter. There's a wipe coming within, like, a week or so (with r15, I'm assuming). As with everything else, this'll get lost in the wipe. As it should. As someone else stated, anything created in pre-alpha it temporary.

Guess that means you (BMC) should start jockeying for position, to ensure you guys attain control of the first post-release item with Lord British's mark on it.

Jatvardur likes this.
  17. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Actually there is a good chance of no wipe this time from what has been said.

Entrappedmind likes this.
  18. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Lord British already stated what would happen post wipe in the MMORPG.COM tour last night, if it was lost in an item wipe.

Yavrashu likes this.
  19. Entrappedmind

Entrappedmind Avatar

No kidding? Must've missed that, thanks for the heads-up. Glad I've conserved all those crafting supplies!

Themo Lock likes this.
  20. smack

smack Avatar

We know that they plan on "seeding" the final/launch loot table with items created during the Beta (or whatever time frame that is appropriate to start "saving" items). So in that respect, whatever sword that LB wants to seed into the game pre-launch is his choice, and even give it to any one person or guild.

But I'm undecided on this pre-seeding. While it may be fun to kill a MOB and see items from the Beta...you are seeing items from the Beta. That is, you could potentially kill a MOB and loot an item you crafted...even though your new character hasn't ever crafted anything post-launch. Having said that, perhaps this pre-seeding of Beta items into the final game would create that rares market for all pre-launch items. How about that pre-seed also label it as a Beta item in the maker's mark, to distinguish between items created pre-launch vs. post-launch?

Sure, there's the idea about having a counter and date I proposed above, but this creates yet another segmentation to rares.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.