PERMADEATH

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by mikeaw1101, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pamela Eldritch

Pamela Eldritch Avatar

Is it a troll? Who knows?

I am mystified by all these threads. Who are these diabolical PKs with their fiendish plans to grief you till you QQQ all the way home? The game does not even have non-consensual PvP as a feature. I have not seen one serious comment suggesting we "force non-PvPers to be targets." This seems like a one sided argument with everyone agreeing with each-other violently.

Also, as a PvPer this hinting that PvPers are somehow bad people is obnoxious. Unless....this must be the master plan to get the Devs to put open PvP into the game! Get everyone so worked up and frothing that we demand open PvP!

Truly Diabolical.

2. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

If you haven't seen them, they live mostly in the PvP forum, a subset of this one, and if you wend your way along those winding words, you'll spot them popping up. Posting threads like "An Argument for Full Loot PvP", or "Splitting PvP and PvE is a Mistake!", and trying to explain to everyone how if they'd just TRY full loot PvP for a while, they are sure we'd all come to love it so much we'd never go back...

Quite obnoxious, really.

Pamela Eldritch likes this.
  3. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

I will at least have one character slot that will be use permadeath rules. I however is one that allays play permadeath/iron man/hard core or similar game modes if there is available (Path of Exile, Diablo, etc etc) so would love to have an iron man/hard core option even in SotA. Worth noticing that no advantages should be given. It would also be cool if you have a ladder for highest ranking iron man.

But as a sort of KP/PVP rule to enforce on everyone, no way.

4. Pamela Eldritch

Pamela Eldritch Avatar

I have not seen these posts. I personally would be fine with full loot open PvP but it is a style of play everyone would need to agree to upfront. I think the ship sailed on that for this game.

Tahru likes this.
  5. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

If a game has items that can only be purchased with real money and full loot open PvP, the genre migrates away from whatever the devs design into an open world hacking simulation.

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.