Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

We need two chats - one for game the other for player conversations

Discussion in 'Release 15 Feedback' started by Spoon, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

The game (even when filtered) is giving me too much info or conversations from NPCs or whatnot. So it is difficult to see that you are being spoken to by some other player. An sometimes vice versa, you get soo much guild chatter that you missed an important game message.

I like the tabs, and the filter functionality (when it works), but the need to tab back and forth all the time is really bothersome.

So as a minimum viable solution, one should have two chat windows, one for game and one for players.

As a more complete solution, I'd like to split a filtered tab into its own window, allowing me to have as many chat windows open as I, the player, so chose.
    Then I could have one layout when adventuring, and another when doing RP events etc.

Stoneleet, Xandra7, royalsexy and 3 others like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I agree it can get very crazy sometimes especially if you are in party and you want to say something to perhaps just one person in the party, not to everyone. It is also a bit crazy when you have scenarios like you are in a party and someone outside of the party either
    whispers to you or asks a question in local chat. Last night I had all of the above and many times commented to the wrong one, now that could get you in trouble;)

Tracker likes this.
  3. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

4. Malchor1

Malchor1 Avatar

Yeah. the conversation system needs tweeking. It seems to be choosing what tab it wants to default to on its on and is quite cumbersome when attempting to chat with other players or even see when they are chatting to you. I've accidentally ignored quite a few people

5. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

Yeah I suggested a wee while ago to have a special NPC chat window that just pops up when talking to NPCs - stick it in middle of screen at bottom maybe (but to have it moveable like the main chat window would be best).

Anything, so long as it does not pop up over our regular chat tabs.

They also need to let us split off chat tabs as well (separate tabs from the main chat window and move it elsewhere), so we could have chat in one part of screen, and combat info in another.

royalsexy likes this.
  6. Agkistrodon

Agkistrodon Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.