Crafting mat improvements

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by avatarPally, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avatarPally

I can't post in the crafting forum for whatever reason? My friend had this idea from watching my vids and I wanted to pass it along because I like it. I'm a leatherworker, trying to make leather goods. Here are the ideas.

When getting leather from animal skins, maybe a small chance when my skill's higher to get an extra 1/2 piece of leather. As if to say that due to my skill I was able to get a little more material from the original hide. Maybe less waste, yeah? That would translate into more yardage also which would make it slightly less grindy.

When getting leather from animal skins, maybe a small chance that a portion of the leather gained from the hide will be of a higher quality. This will be the most sought after. I know this would create a weird stacking issue but if there was low, medium, and high quality leather I think it would be neat because you could have relatively low level leather gear but it still be extremely good for the level. Maybe less penalties, more durability, something.

So those are my two ideas. I'm sorry I couldn't post them in the crafting forum, I don't know why. I just want the crafting system to be AMAZING and I think this would do it. I could also see higher quality metal and wood... Not just different materials, but higher quality of the same metal.

Hope this makes sense. :( I think it's a great idea.

Take care.

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

The skill tree already allows a chance to get more leather by not using up the 'node', allowing you to potentially field dress the same animal multiple times.

Multiple quality though may be beyond the scope of the current crafting design. I'm not sure how they'd make that apply in the next stages of crafting.

Oba Evesor likes this.
  3. avatarPally

Oh yea I know. The issue there is that even though it saves you some durability and time, you still get weight capped. I guess this would be a nice way of getting around the weight cap while also being able to craft higher level lowbie stuff. :)

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

5. avatarPally

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.