my intro to Sota and a question or two.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Musou, Mar 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Musou

Musou Avatar

My name is Musou. First mmorpg was UO, enjoyed it daily. I Migrated to wow because I love pixels, and I felt EQ was a rip from uo, so I waited for something big. wow was born but my hunger lingered, nothing ever matched up to the original uo. I Did Warhammer, swgtor, Elder scrolls,Landmark then on to archeage this game was fantastic, but went hard cash shop. I needed to pay hundreds monthly to progress, after getting geared I was still running trade ships, and making weapons but the cost of mats and labor/labor pots made it so I was only breaking even. So what can we do? you pot some more, and try to get past being broke. Still to the day I am broke on AA my 5 Canadians as well. We tried so many ways of money Vs labor. U cannot win without a CC. So I'm sick of it, anyways I had purchased ancestor way back played a bit and let some time pass. A year later this gaming is bumping! and my heart is pounding in anticipation. I will enjoy meeting you all in game!

Q1 I don't have a town deed for my house should I? I am lord backer.
    Q2 I have recipes, I cannot figure out has to learn them.
    Q3 what is the best way to get a plate suit. Buy player made or get mats myself and craft.
    Q4 regents purchased from npc? For all trees spells?

Thank you all for your time.

Mata, Vyrin, Tahru and 4 others like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

See answers below in yellow.

Mata, Tahru and Oba Evesor like this.
  3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

1) Do you have a paid in full lord pledge or on the payment plan? If paid in full, there should be deeds for you in the bank (they would be labelled as rewards). If you are paying with payments, I believe you won't get the pledge rewards until you are paid in full at the different pledge tiers.

2) if you have recipes in your inventory, double click them. They will then get added to your recipe book.

3) weapons and armor can be bought from merchants or from the vendor or player made. It's really your choice. Merchant augmented armor is believed to be better than crafted, but that is being argued about in other threads. For me I bought my first armor from the merchant in Owl's Head. After that I could make it, if I wanted to spend the time gathering materials. Gathering the materials to make the 3 pieces that can be crafted can take time. I'd say buying or crafting is more of a personal preference and it depends on what you'd rather be doing- killing stuff or gathering stuff.

4) reagents can be gathered but again it depends on what you like to do - kill or gather.

Mata, Oba Evesor and Tahru like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

HI Musou and welcome to Shrouds. All very good questions. It sounds as if you are at the 'welcome to a new game phase' . ;) So if you go to a bank, you will find one in the entrances of most cities for convenience for now, just for testing ease. You will find
    your lot deed and choices of homes, plus many of your rewards. A few recipes are in your book, also there are vendors who sell all recipes and so sorry for being a bit vague, but one location is in owlshead behind vendor stalls. So you can buy the recipes or
    check shroud of the avatar wikki one site is listed above, some recipes aren't working but crafting is still in the works. You can buy augmented plate or I'm sure someone will help you get started. Once you are started you can find mats to try out crafting
    and you can also find reagents, and there are some that sell reagents, alchemists, bartenders,etc. Black pearl is found off clams by the water, garlic is pretty prevalent throughout New Britania. Normally I would jump in game if you are on and help you
    but today I have RL errands I have to do. Tomorrow I would be happy to help you get started, unless you can go in right now, I can quickly jump online for you to zone to me. **cheers and welcome**:)

Mata and Tahru like this.
  5. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

Musou add me to friends William Serenite. I am not a savy crafter but can help and assist with anything else. If you are Lord you should have plate in your bank account plus your town home too. Look me up we can explore Novia together ;).

Or buy plate in Owls head nex to banks its cheap!

Mata, Tahru and majoria70 like this.
  6. Fredrick FlameGrinder

Fredrick FlameGrinder Avatar

Welcome!

Mata, Tahru and majoria70 like this.
  7. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

Merry Met Musou,

Absolutely fantastic to hear you have found your way to what has already become and promises to remain the new home for all Britannians, new or old. As your questions have been answered. I would just like to say welcome, and if you need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to add me also to your friends list if you like. I am always happy to help anyone and everyone. As of course, would most people in the community. That is the best thing you will find here, there are so many honest helpful people who want nothing more in return then to see your time in the world is the best it can be.

May your travels be profitable and may the Shadows of Night keep you safe and protected!

8. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Yo! Welcome!

Mata and Ice Queen like this.
  9. Musou

Musou Avatar

Awsome responses! Definitely puts me on the correct trajectory. I will add all I can, I look forward to our future travels. Thanks again for your time all.

10. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Welcome!

11. Rubyhorse2

Rubyhorse2 Avatar

welcome, fellow player transfering from AA here and loving this game more and more.

If you pop into the clink in owls head, there is a secret door and some loot there for plate armour.

hope to see you in game

Tahru, Mata and majoria70 like this.
  12. Sir Gareki

Sir Gareki Avatar

Welcome to this great community. ;)

Tahru and Mata like this.
  13. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Musou!

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.