Avatars Radio - Radio of the Avatars

Discussion in 'Player Radio Stations' started by Amber Raine, Jan 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

[​IMG]

It comes with Great Pleasure and more hours to party with Avatars Radio, that we welcome DJ Dieter of the Syndicate guild as the newest voice of the Avatar.​
    He shall be tearing up the airwaves, filling those late / early hours of North America and helping the Europeans party! Midnight - 3am CST (Tues, Weds, Thurs)won't ever be the same again!​
    Welcome to the family Dieter!! Party On!​

~`@ _____________________________@~`~​
    We look forward to having another great week and welcoming in more faces, voices and tracks!​
    Interested in joining the team or sharing your compositions with the community?​
    Just let us know: info@AvatarsRadio.com
    Now offering guild/organization shout outs and Ads on the radio - Let the Avatars hear about you!​
    Taking bookings for all parties from now until the end of time! Welcome Persistence!​
    And our merchandise store allows for great items to be purchased with our radio logo on it!
    Avatars Radio - Radio of the Avatar - For the Community, From the Community and forever serving the community!

2. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

Congratulations DJ Dieter, looking forward to listening to your show :)

Gaelis and Amber Raine like this.
  3. Lady Addy

Lady Addy Avatar

Let me add my welcome to our crazy family Dieter! I look forward to hearing your shows and chatting.

Gaelis and Amber Raine like this.
  4. Malkhelm

Malkhelm Avatar

locomotive breath!!!....have no idea who dj'ing right now but i am eternally greatful

5. Lady Addy

Lady Addy Avatar

Be sure to tune in to avatarsradio.com Wednesday April 1st between 9:00pm - 11:00pm NBT when yours truly, DJ Lady Addy, will be doing my own twist on ... 50 shades! ;) I promise, it will "sizzle"

Disclaimer: The views, opinions and gibberish expressed by this DJ are those of this DJ and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Avatar’s Radio, Portalarium, Shroud of the Avatar, or possibly any other sane person in the free world. Any and all comments should be taken lighthearted and with a grain of salt. Any reference or resemblance to persons living, dead, reincarnated, not yet born, from the future in a DeLorean or from a galaxy far, far away, with or without a sense of humor, is purely coincidental. No animals were harmed in the making of this declaimer

6. EmberFlame

EmberFlame Avatar

Just checked my email today, and saw you guys got your 2nd Moon Tower Goal reached on Patreon! Congrats! :)

7. Whitestag

Whitestag Avatar

I think its a great idea as long as anyone that wants to operate a radio station for SOTA has the same opportunities and resource backing from the devs... Not sure how useing the SOTA logo in a url will go over like SOTA radio.com but who knows. I have a reged sams and can run shout or ice but you can also try http://www.181.fm/player/ and select whatever genre ya want and just run it in background.

I think anyone that wants to be able to do this should be able to with equal dev backing there will be quite a few stations taking off when SOTA goes live I hope all have the same opportunities and resources on takeoff...

RDouglas likes this.
  8. Amber Raine

This has always been stated that we look forward to more stations coming up. In fact there has also always been an offer to teach anyone that wishes to learn how, it is not something we look to keep only for ourselves. Portalarium has also stated that they would be adding different URLs to the Aether Amplifier in game should other stations come forward that have all their legal paper work in order (ex: their own licensing covered, all fees paid for by the owner of the station) - Portalarium has been beyond wonderful for having the the Aether Amplifier and Bubonic and Joviex were great for coding and designing it.

So all in all, to rest your thoughts at ease perhaps. Yes, many others may come forward, and I hope they do! And, the Amplifier already had the coding in wait for such a thing, when they too prove themselves as we, thanks to the community, have done over the past 15 months :)

9. Amber Raine

[​IMG]

On January 31st 2014, Amber turned on her personal stream and proceeded to bring music to the bored community members in IRC who were waiting for Release 1 to open. At this time she had no thoughts that things would grow as they have since done. Every release it is said that she would stand in the town of Owl's Head outside the Crafting Pavillion or atop the Moon Tower and Shout out the radio information, welcoming anyone and everyone to join in on the fun. It became quite apparent immediately that this was something the community was enjoying, and so it grew.

From this day forward, Avatars Radio brought in a number of DJs who helped to bring great music from both sides of the Lunar Rift. Bards of New Britannia and Bards of Earth all played and shared in the waves released from the moon tower. The magick grew.

As the community began to truly grasp what Avatars Radio had we were invited to your events. First was the biggest step forward for Amber as The Bears Tavern invited her to commentate their brawl. She had not ever done anything like this before, but she was all about the community and was more then willing to give it her best attempt. Today, what is a Bears Tavern Brawl without the commentary of Amber Raine? Together, we grew!

As hours turned to days, and days turned to months, the radio brought in so many great voices. It is these people that make the dream come even more to life. But, like Amber, they too realize that none of this would be possible without the wonderful community and the fantastic listeners that give their support to what we bring you.

New Britannia Theatre Troupe for their plays, Dark Star Church Services, Multiple Tournaments and other various player run events. These are what give us the most joy. Bringing a little extra something to the community events. Always about the community, always for the community. We are here to promote you. And together we shall continue to grow.

It is with much honor and humbling to all of 17 of us on the Avatars Radio team that we get to announce that we have reached our second patreon Milestone. And, with this, we shall grow! We are in the process of building a second moon tower, so that not only will we be able to hold more listeners for your events and announcements, but we are also looking at this second moon tower to bring a second station of nothing but community works - from music and poetry to plays and other broadcasts 24/7.

I would like to give a special thank you to Browncoat Jayson for being the first person to step up and say "yes, I believe, and I support!" and to every one else who has since. We can continue to grow and bring you what we always have and so much more because of the love and support of this community.

Thank you Avatars! We are here for your entertainment, thank you for letting us be!

10. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

While I've dropped some coins randomly, I decided it was time to pay for my addiction to Avatars Radio in a more consistent manner. So I became a Patron, while it's not a lot, it is something steady.

Thanks for all you do!!

Se'an

11. Amber Raine

Mr Silverwoodfoot. Much love to you ! The saying rings true in many things and this is no exception. It is not the size that matters but the thought and love put into it. You have been wonderful in so many things and have always been very supportive, including with being able to laugh at my silliness - that is also support..

Thank you Sir for believing in us and helping us be able to continue doing what we love to do!

-----
    (other thought)
    I wish i sincerely could reach through the monitor and give each of you a huge hug..

RDouglas, Asclepius, Sophi and 5 others like this.
  12. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

You'll have to wait till the game goes live and we get sucked in thru the monitor! :p

13. Whitestag

Whitestag Avatar

(Amber Raine, post: 346171, member: 41576"So all in all, to rest your thoughts at ease perhaps. Yes, many others may come forward, and I hope they do! And, the Amplifier already had the coding in wait for such a thing, when they too prove themselves as we, thanks to the community, have done over the past 15 months :))

This is great that SOTA takes this position welcoming all kinds of stations i see Celtic and all kinds on the horizon poping up, It will be fun and a lot of variety.

Just sent a 20 to you to help out a bit on the station, Keep er Crankin... 8 P

RDouglas, Lady Adnor and Amber Raine like this.
  14. RDouglas

RDouglas Avatar

aye/know Sam/nods..... and giggles...

15. Amber Raine

[​IMG]
    When: May 1st 2015 - 2 pm New Brit Time (CT)​
    Where: Wody's Tavern in the new Player Owned Town Map of PaxLair.​
    Avatars it is that time again. Time to put down the swords and pick up the beers. Time to stop killing and start partying!​
    Avatars Radio proudly Presents the Tradiational FireLotus Release Party - We shall be celebrating the joy of a new release as well as the warm embrace of the very first Player Owned Town of PaxLair..​
    Join us for compansionship, partying, and grand amounts of prizes!​
    We are giving away no less then 100$ in real cash prizes during this event. You must be present to win.​
    ((Others wishing to also contribute prizes to the pot appreciated and accepted - Please contact info@AvatarsRadio.com or Amber Raine in game or in irc.ultimacodex.com #AvatarsRadio)​
    /zone Amber Raine.​
    We look forward to having another great week and welcoming in more faces, voices and tracks!​
    Interested in joining the team or sharing your compositions with the community?​
    Just let us know: info@AvatarsRadio.com
    Now offering guild/organization shout outs and Ads on the radio - Let the Avatars hear about you!​
    Taking bookings for all parties from now until the end of time! Welcome Persistence!​
    And our merchandise store allows for great items to be purchased with our radio logo on it!
    Avatars Radio - Radio of the Avatar - For the Community, From the Community and forever serving the community!

16. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Try to be there !

Thanks You Amber Raine !

Canadien Poeple are always good :)

17. Amber Raine

[​IMG]

Avatars, we are so very excited to bring forward a new look to AvatarsRadio.com - ​
    It was due for January 31st but like all things exciting and worth waiting for, it has come a bit late. Induced into existence on this date. We welcome you to visit AvatarsRadio.com and AvatarsRadio.info . ​
    As with all new things, there may be things missing, there may be a few issues. Please be sure to let us know if there is anything that needs to be edited or changed to make your visit to our new site even better.​
    Thank you community!!

Amber Raine!​

18. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

19. EmberFlame

EmberFlame Avatar

Caught a few possible errors. Sent an email to the address listed on your "Contact" page.

Aside from that, it looks great! Much better than your previous format, IMHO.

20. Amber Raine

Caught the email, responded swiftly to the email and thank you.

Compliments like this are exactly what keep the DJs and the wonderful web team we have here working hard. Thank you Jakdaw!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.