Rare hats data revealed in the R15 hangout

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spoon, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Sounds perfectly like any rare item in any MMO.

I'd happily buy all your useless hats for a dollar. :)

Tahru likes this.
  2. Kuno Brauer

Kuno Brauer Avatar

Maybe more people would have claimed the hat reward, especially the first (and those toward the start of all of this), if they hadn't had repeated issues logging in to the game during those releases.

Sure, we were told that if we had issues logging in that we should submit a bug report to support and we'd get our hats, and some of us did just that (along with a long complaint about how doing that was not what should normally be expected by your typical user).

I sent all of this stuff in despite the fact that it felt low and stupid to practically beg for a meaningless virtual item, but I felt since I had tried to get the hat, I should at least go all the way and see about getting at least the first one before I gave up on these kinds of rewards that screw people who can't even log into the game.

Unfortunately, I had the bad luck of not realizing I was sending my request from the email of an account that I had sold recently (instead of sending the email from the address associated with my current account).

Even though I explained in my original support request that I had been blocked from logging in on TWO different accounts, once the hat was sent to one account (the wrong account) and I pointed out the mistake and apologized: no follow-up, no attempt to get the reward to my current account, no acknowledgement that all of this bug reporting and 8 total emails to get a hat sent to the wrong freaking account was just a really bad experience heaped on top of frustration.... Nope, just silence! Awesome.

I hope whomever bought that Citizen account enjoys their mystery hat...... :confused:

So, out of rage and disgust, I decided against more begging and groveling to support for something that I *HAD* made a genuine effort to acquire. For now, I shun these hats and all the people who take the time to collect them, wear them, etc.

These hats should die by fire for all I care! :mad:

Still loving the brilliance of offering an exclusive item during a pre-alpha (when some people can't even log in~!).......

Moiseyev Trueden and Tahru like this.
  3. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

How do you know I have any?

But the point is people are too lazy to keep chasing after things that they really see no point in. "and we're making it harder" oh boy!

So of course the numbers are going to keep dropping.

Heradite, Alexander and Tahru like this.
  4. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

I don't!

However, if you do then I'd happily buy them. I think they will be worth something in the future so I'm happy to do the quests. I'd also be willing to buy any that people wanted to sell....

Anyone selling at $2 per hat? :D

Tahru likes this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I would say better add ons that actually work :) ex; Viking bundle (anything viking like), Knight bundle (old english looking stuff) Thieves bundle, Assassin bundle, Alchemist bundle, Different looking houses, pets that fight, better weapons, stuff like that i think would grab more people.

6. TantX

TantX Avatar

I spent over 3 hours in Shardfalls during R15 and saw a handful of people, all newbies. The one guy who fought me was when I actually talked to the automaton and a bug occurred (which I filed), but he didn't stay for a fight when I restarted and came back.

I don't think the Shardfalls are as cram-packed with PvPers camping the tour guides as being suggested. And I still posit that out of 50K+ backers, when only 1-1.5k of them can spend 30 minutes to an hour to go get the hat within a month, there's a little more to it than the responses suggest. Ever notice when things slow down, the seasons are brought up?

"Oh, school just started, so people are busy."
    "It's the holiday seasons, people are with family and take vacations."
    "The new year was busy and people are back in school."
    "It's spring break, people are with family and take vacations."
    "It's exam time."
    "It's summer time, people are with family and take vacations."
    "Oh, school just started, so people are busy."

Yet they're conveniently the opposite when it's showing activity:
    "It's the holidays, people have more free time."
    "It's the middle of the semester so people aren't as busy." (Like the middle of major projects and mid-terms is any easier than day one intros)
    "It's summer, people have more free time."

[​IMG]

Moiseyev Trueden and Tahru like this.
  7. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

I don't care if it's a hat or something else as long as it is a rare because I am a collector :). Besides that I oddly begun to like hats...

8. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

All I was trying to say it most people don't look at it like that. That's why the numbers are dropping. I wasn't passing judgement or anything. Just saying.....

Moiseyev Trueden, Tahru and Ice Queen like this.
  9. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

Not offending you Death-Knell or anyone else... just saying what came to my mind about the topic.

Moiseyev Trueden, Tahru and Ice Queen like this.
  10. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

On the contrary.. I didn't miss the point at all but I also don't think the number of people getting the hats are an accurate reflection of people's interest in the actual game.

Personally, my own interest in the hats ended with the cavalier hat. I dislike most of them and wouldn't be caught dead wearing them. If I didn't think I could sell them later on the rares market or see some potential use for RP costuming I would never bother.

I can't imagine that I'm the only one who doesn't care about owning these things. Nor can I imagine those who do really wanting every single one aside from collectors and those intending to sell them later.

Does anyone really think the hats alone are reason to log in for a few hours? I'd be a little more worried if everyone who got the hats only logged in for the hats. Or that everyone who plays is a rares collector who wants to sit on these hats for a year or two before they see anything out of it? Some people just don't care about rares.

The real numbers you want to look at.. is the number of people who did log in.. average session time.. how many achieved what levels etc.

Epona, Heradite, majoria70 and 2 others like this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi and welcome WeirDave. I know how you feel, I missed the first hat.:( It was my own fault though I stepped away for a bit and bad timing that was. ;)Well what you suggest would defeat one or more of the purposes of the hat quest. So 1)getting players to play to test the game 2)give players something to do, like a goal. So anyway I don't agree to letting us get the hats we missed.

I have a friend who is missing out on the rare hats because he's too critical of the game right now, and he is the hugest rare collector I've ever seen, he will be sorry later, and hey stop being lazy. There are wonderful groups forming all the time who would love to make your life easier to get the hats. How many minutes of play time could that be, plus you will get to know others. I am tempted to not always be sociable, although I try to get out of that as much as possible. ;)Friend majoria in game, I will hook you up anytime.;)

Epona, Heradite, Gaelis and 4 others like this.
  12. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Guilty of that one. :p

The only things I did in R14 and R15 (so far) was to log in and do the hat quests. In my defense I haven't had much time and having temporary burn out. I see no point pushing myself to play a lot now because there will be a least one more wipe and I don't want to be bored of SotA once it has launched.

13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Sweet, a grinch...
    =)
    Sounds like a bet opportunity to me.
    I bet that the R15 festival mask will be claimed more times than the R14 heninn hat. (With only 1200 claimed so far and more than half of the time gone it should be a good bet for you).
    How about the loser having to make a general topic new post and explain how superior the winner is.
    Are you up for it?

14. Musou

Musou Avatar

I play 3 - 4 hours a day I never wanted a hat. Sure I could sell them later, but I'm using all my gaming time to figure out what I want to be, what builds I like and how to make/gather what I need. I am more interested in knowing how and where I want to travel once this game is developed. I find more people milling around nowadays than b4.

15. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Yeah you are spot on here. I always tend to think that because stuff is relatively quick to get most people will get them.

I wonder if they can give us dump on how many actually log in each month (I'll have to ask that for the R16 PM).

16. TantX

TantX Avatar

A realist, but the optimists see a pessimist and the pessimists see an optimist. It's a lose-lose situation for me, but I'm cool with it.

Sure.

If someone is backing this game and hoping this will be fruitful long-term and is already supposedly playing the game, what's 30 minutes to go run and grab the hat? It encourages exploration into the new scenes, after all. It makes less sense to not get the hat then to go out of your way to get it. This becomes doubly clear when everyone knows these things will become collectors items and rares; I haven't logged in nearly two weeks, and if another hat came out tomorrow without anything new to test, I'd still go grab the hat just in case.

Not to mention, some people don't care about the rares? That's fine. You're insinuating over 90% of the backers don't care about the rares, per those numbers (assuming 1,500 people out of 50,000 backers). That's not good, considering much of the game is about housing and decorations and dress-up.

Tahru and Jatvardur like this.
  17. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

they mentioned that they have intentionally been making it harder to complete the quest. Also the peaks were during holidays when people generally will have more free time and looking for excuses to ignore their families.

Tahru likes this.
  18. Azur

Azur Avatar

Exactly.

Destroying Angel and Tahru like this.
  19. Siren

Siren Avatar

Well, I really like the community here and the shared universe aspect of this game is one of the things that most attracts me to it - but it sounds like that clown is already making a great rep for itself if you can make that identification just from my short post, lol :) I have no intention of allowing that to deter me from enjoying this game or playing with others in multi-player online.

majoria70, Tahru and Jatvardur like this.
  20. TantX

TantX Avatar

I can't imagine that R15's tour was difficult for anyone. I've only done R14 and R15 hats, but I seriously pity anyone who's struggling on these tours.

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.