Is there something wrong with me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mastese, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no_excuses_its_released

no_excuses_its_released Avatar

This pretty much cured me of ever upgrading my pledge again. It may work for you.

Sir_Hemlock, kcfansbiv and Tahru like this.
  2. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Funny, this makes me want to upgrade. Time to buy something in the add-on store! .....*scratch* ya'll got anymore of that SotA?

3. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Throne of Bone!

4. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Same here...

I've followed a lot of games and this is the most responsive and open development team I've seen. I think it's easy to be cynical and it's easy to have blind faith. But I've witnessed a lot of hard work going into this game, and each month I see the results. I think this is going to be a great game, but regardless of what I think no amount of "mean tweets" will change that. Snark doesn't make games, hard work does.

I wish they'd do another one of those videos.

FrostII, Lord Stein, Kaisa and 6 others like this.
  5. Sir Gareki

Sir Gareki Avatar

Well, There definitely nothing wrong with us. Great community. Amazing Developers. Just upgraded to Edelmann on my way to Knighthood pretty soon. However I do believe that you can support this game at any level. Spread the word. Thanks. ;)

FrostII, Beli Mawr, Kaisa and 6 others like this.
  6. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Oh well perhaps I did. I still fail to see how that is a "problem". Speaking of problems, what's yours?

7. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

Just send me all your credit card and bank personals, I can cure it :D

FrostII, Asclepius and Tahru like this.
  8. Ariella Shadowdancer

Ariella Shadowdancer Avatar

Yes, Sounds about right! I went from Adventure to all in between to finally Lord. (thinking of going higher) Bought some of the stretch goals (of course the elven package) When does it stop? I don't know, guess when my hubby takes my credit cards away.. LOL

9. gtesser

gtesser Avatar

I've never spent as much money on any game(including subscription fees and expansion packs) as I did on SotA. I think I'm done upgrading my pledge though... I only make minimum wage.

10. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

I think a lot of it has to do with half the spectrum more or less being achievable within 500 dollars; the problem is then the brain goes, hey, i can get twice what i did, for 500 more. that said, it's not uncommon to fall into the buyers remorse category with anything, particularly a system that was probably more or less thought out by some kind of marketing genius.

Each tier under 450+ offers you practically nothing, aside from the game and the right to a lot.

275(technically)

that said, it's cool that you can buy it professionally and in tiers, and there are some minor finance options. that said --- plenty of people invest money into hobby's is this really any different?

a drone is like 750 bucks.
    ... just sayin'!

Ariella and Tahru like this.
  11. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Take your total pledge dollars and divide that figure by 36. That would be your pledge per month for garanteed gameplay. I spend almost the entirety of my pittance on professional music gear which some people think is crazy. I thought I was splurging at the explorer level pledge but the more I thought about it, I began to realize something.

Once UO came out, It became the only game I played for over a decade. So a little over $100 the only game I will play for the next three years (already quit UO) is a bargain.

FrostII, steanne and Tahru like this.
  12. Mastese

Mastese Avatar

Yeah, not sure what it is about the prospect of this game, but I like the direction. I do have to justify the expense though, so all of your feedback helps. It seems though, that I'm getting to an impasse finally. I can afford to do whatever I want to do, but I'm struggling with the epic leap that is the gap between Explorer and (what I perceive is) the only reasonable level of property ownership I might be satisfied with, at Citizen. That's a lot of $$$! So more than likely I'll eventually push up to Ancestor, and learn to live with accommodations below what I was hoping for.

Rose Bloom, Tahru and kcfansbiv like this.
  13. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

TBH, I asked myself this question for more than a month as I gradually invested enough to buy a new car. In retrospect, I can't say if it was the right decision or utter irresponsibility. Only time will tell, but is safe to say that I will never be able to afford to do it again to this degree. At least we have friends in our success and pain. :)

14. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you do not have to settle. there will be lot deeds available with in-game gold, although no keep or castle deeds.

Tahru likes this.
  15. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

I think that clip coincided with the random deck release to invoke sympathy hence soften feedback.

mikeaw1101 and Tahru like this.
  16. Luna Moonglow

Luna Moonglow Avatar

just started

LOVE the game

those people who posted such bad negative comments likely can't even stack cards the right way much less even dream about making such an awesome game

i will be raising my pledge lvl to ancestor also

meow!

17. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Well like a responsible Daddy i would tell you not to invest money you need in real live.
    Also i would tell you that you are still investing in a promise a vision.

The Pledges are nor going away soon.

It is smarter to hold out and wait for more judgeable situation.

And last but not least i would suggest to hold out for special discount days , that could save you money.

And for us gamers you might not be crazy.

But every non pc gamer will say : How much did you invest. Are you out of your mind!

I am 100% sure, that we have many male high pledgers who keep the pledge amount a secret from there spouse.

Most will probable think like this as a reason why they do it: I loved pc games all my live. I have special memories about one of Richard Games. I once in a live time wan't to just go what my heart wants. Not what my brain tells me.

I did smoke 13 years of my live. That was truly far more stupid.
    I payed to smell like ****, get yellow smile, be unable to keep up in sports, risk my health and gave corporations money who try to brainwash children that you need to kill yourself slowly to be happy.

That was insane.

And last advice:
    Make yourself a own personal opinion!
    Do not judge your decision on feedback of other gamers, or reviews.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

18. fattymoomooman

fattymoomooman Avatar

The fact the devs made a video like this rather than just ignoring all the bad comments and brushing them under the carpet makes me smile, and reinforces the fact I am backing the right project. The SOTA devs have been pretty transparent in their dealings with the community so far and given way more feedback than the devs on almost any other game I have been involved in playing prior to release.

I too have 'pledge raisers' syndrome, I meant to stop at Ancestor after making the push to get a rent-free lot deed but find I am now at Knight Marshal and moving up to Lord soon :)

I just keep raising it in handy chunks but sooner or later I will have to stop myself :)

19. Galluccio

Galluccio Avatar

Some people just like spending money. When you're under citizen, it's easy to upgrade to the next level for extra things. I don't see a problem.

Ice Queen and Tahru like this.
  20. Galluccio

Galluccio Avatar

That video is awesome. I'll have to send this to my friends.

Themo Lock, Kaisa and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.