Is there something wrong with me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mastese, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galluccio

Galluccio Avatar

My takeaway is they just feel confident in the game they are creating. I don't think of sympathy.

Lord Andernut, Themo Lock and Tahru like this.
  2. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Keep in mind the clip was released right before the first randomodeck test release.

3. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Don't you just hate when you try and raise an angry mob and people just keep having fun and partying :D

4. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

:D

No.

Themo Lock likes this.
  5. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

I looked at it as an investment in my gaming life for the next 5-7 years. Like any other investment there is a degree of chance. It could fail and I'd have to endure "the look" from my wife, or it could be a dream come true.
    I've raised my kids to follow their dreams. My daughter did becoming a fantastic mom and teacher, exactly what she wanted since she was 3. My son was always into music,, own band and all that. He wanted to be in the music business, he sacrificed and stood strong and now going full bore having been around the world numerous times. We took a boy in off the streets at age 16. Great kid, all he ever wanted to do was to go back and make a difference. Now he's the Superintendent of Schools in the city he grew up in. All followed their dreams. I decided to follow mine, especially since it would be with the same folks I've played with over the last 17 years.

I worked my way to Edelmann and stopped about a year ago. That was a lot to layout for a game. But was it for a dream?

I decided a different route then increasing my pledge, adding a holdfast to the PaxLair group.

So here I sit waiting and watching as my dream explodes into life before my eyes. I think I'm going to win this bet.

Draconin, FrostII, Spoon and 8 others like this.
  6. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

I can give you the number to my doctor, i don't need him anymore, used the money on more Sota addons.

7. silent1584

silent1584 Avatar

yeah by the end of 3 months from now I will be on the Lord Marshel pledge...sure has gone up quite a bit from a 45 dollar pledge

8. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

I was trying to explain to my mom and grandma what shroud was. It might have been the funniest conversation ever. My Grandma kept trying to convince me that helping fund a board game would be better because she heard on the news board games were making a comeback.

And yes, at least in my mind, most SotA backers keep backing...

9. Galluccio

Galluccio Avatar

That jump to Baron 3 isn't one I'm willing to make. SO, at least that keeps me back from spending more.

Asclepius, Father Aquila and Tahru like this.
  10. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

heh, you're closer then you are further away; so what if the kids need to eat hotdogs for a few months? :p

11. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

psh, started at like Ancestor, now, kneel before your lord marshal. I also bought into the stretches, and stupidly bought the tools also...so nows iz gots doubles of them, which will get sold come release.

so yes, this kind of stupidity is normal for something like this and star citizen.

Asclepius and Tahru like this.
  12. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

I'm pretty much done for Ep1. I have a Knight Marshall Pledge, and My wife has a Lady (Lord) pledge, some add-ons scattered in there.. and a PoT Hamlet.

I am fairly certain that come EP2 funding, there will be new unique house types, PoT add-ons and much more "shiney" to get me to dig deeper on some level..probably more Town gains then personal ones I would think.

Asclepius, Sean Silverfoot and Tahru like this.
  13. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Yeah I just got busted for a UWI. That's right, upgrading while intoxicated. Dammit.

My last couple of upgrades coincided with being a little hammered. If you want to upgrade further, but you're on the fence - drink! If you want to keep your money in your pocket - don't drink!

Prediction: I will wake up one morning this summer, my head throbbing, a bit poorer, but holding a LOTM pledge, a plane ticket to Austin and divorce papers from my wife. When we divide the marital assets, I will keep the pledge and she will get, like, a CAR of equal value.

Spent more on this game than all other games combined in the past decade or so. And have never for one second regretted it.

This has been a public service announcement.

14. TimeLord Smith

TimeLord Smith Avatar

I totally recommend that you keep increasing your pledges to this game. If you raise your pledge high enough you will be more attractive to the opposite sex too. It is going to a great cause. This game has it all. You cannot go wrong with upping your pledge no matter how you look at it. If this game wasn't any good do you really think people would be upping their pledges? The reason people up their pledges is because they all believe this game will be a success! That's a fact jack!

Asclepius, Moiseyev Trueden and Tahru like this.
  15. Siren

Siren Avatar

You've inspired me to go for my third upgrade. *click, click - DONE!* I suspect I have about another two or three more before I'm happy.... lol

16. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Yeah good luck with that. :)

17. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

that videa link eventually took me to a rendition of jaws featuring sonic the hedgehog

TimeLord Smith and Tahru like this.
  18. Manerd

Manerd Avatar

All I can say is....

Hello my name is Manerd and I'm a SOTAlcoholic!
    About to upgrade to Lord or as I like to call it "Grounds for divorce".

19. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

LOL you are so funny, thanks;)

20. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

LOL this thread is so funny. It is sounding like an AA meeting, or what I've seen of them on TV of course. So here goes, please don't judge me;) Hi my name is majoria and I'm a SOTAHOLIC ,and I can't say I've been upgrade free for much more than 30 days.;) Hopefully I am done though
    and no further falling off the wagon;) well except for a nip here or there from the add in store or stretch goals, of course please say that doesn't count, right? :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.