Server "wipe"; scope of

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by minimal, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minimal

minimal Avatar

Hi,

I'm new to SoTA as of release 14, so I haven't experienced a reset. When reset, what is the extent of the zeroing out? When characters are wiped, is gold wiped? What about items in bank? From what I gather property deeds are not lost, but what about in game purchased housing/basements?

Thanks,
    Minimal

2. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

all chars,houses, etc, if you pledged you keep your pledge stuff.

next wipe is supposed 17; which would be like, 2 months from now

3. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Welcome to the SotA family, minimal!

As graylake21 said: it's a total wipe. You have to start completely over. Even create your avatar again. Your pledge rewards and any purchased add-ons will be waiting for you at the bank.

mxlgame, graylake21, Tahru and 2 others like this.
  4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

The next wipe should come with R17. I assume it will be like the last wipe. The friends list and Guild membership was carried over from the previous release, but everything else earned or bought in game was gone. We had to create a new avatar and start over. All pledge items were in the bank.

mxlgame, Ice Queen, Net and 4 others like this.
  5. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome minimal!

Ice Queen, graylake21, Tahru and 2 others like this.
  6. minimal

minimal Avatar

Many thanks for the responses that were quick.

7. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

8. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

No :)
    The (earned) hats were still there, so you had not to run around naked :p

9. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Can we reuse our chars name when we recreate our avatars? Hope so .... ;)

Mata, Ice Queen and Tahru like this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi and welcome to shrouds minimal Well as said we should wipe in R17. Please don't let that stop you from doing everything. I have a fully deocrated house and have crafted much of what is in it. Things change so much like now you can open dressers and trunks and now you can put things in them. The interactives are starting to come in. Also changes to the hair and beard are coming in. Sometimes a wipe is a good thing if you know it's for a good reason. I have been here since Nov 2013 and it only gets better and better. I do not agree that there will only be 1 more wipe. The Devs have always said they will try to wipe as little as possible, but who knows how often they will need to do that before launch. Also if we don't play and test out the systems, we all lose out. That's why we try to find fun in the game as much as possible. In the hangout yesterday they said we should start seeing more and more content and fun coming in. So hang in there with us please and **cheers to you**

11. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Currently character names are already blocked for every other account, if they have been used once in the past. (Or has this changed, just do not want to delete a character to test?)
    I hope that list gets wiped at least one time before final release, since I used names on accounts I gave away meanwhile ... or simply cannot remember which account used that name.
    I think the list should be limited to character names currently on the server (or maybe also those used before the last wipe).
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

12. fattymoomooman

fattymoomooman Avatar

I like the idea of keeping character names locked when used by someone, I like to be an individual not Fred8192 or wind up with a duplicate name to someone else. As currently only one character is allowed maybe the final wipe should just clear those names not currently used by characters during the final release prior to launch?

That would allow us to keep our primary names yet get rid of the names we used in the past that we no longer require or were used while settling on an actual name to be known by.

Aenra, Tahru, Ice Queen and 2 others like this.
  13. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

well if we can't keep our char names without numbers etc, then I'll just create a char named 12341234 lol, why bother doing a name if I will lose it in a wipe... so sad if we do :(

fattymoomooman, Tahru and Ice Queen like this.
  14. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I kinda wish we had an add-on that we could buy to reserve a name.

This makes me wonder though, from the pledge at Ancestor level, it says Old World. Wonder what that means, old world? Alpha maybe? :)

Name on Tombstone

Your (or your character's) name permanently displayed on an in-game, centrally located, tombstone as an ancestor of the old world.

15. Deemize

Deemize Avatar

Well....I read through the list and have never undergone a "wipe" as I've only been playing a few weeks. Did not see if that includes housing? Majoria mentioned furniture sometimes responds differently. But certainly you don't lose your building and items?! I wouldn't mind starting a character again. As mentioned, we are testing and working things through.

Forest_Dweller likes this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi Deemize. Oh I was talking about as the development progresses more items in the game will become interactive, meaning at first you couldn't open drawers or store in dressers and now you can. Richard Garriott states that if it looks like it can do something it will. While a broad statement of course, it is very cool that the developers are trying to do that. So in the event of a wipe which is going to happen next release, if you don't have a house and lot deed from your pledge you will lose it and need to start over in acquiring them If you do have a house and lot deed with your pledge you will need to place them again. You can always ask around to some who have extra lot deeds who may share with you the one they aren't using, but next time the game wipes it will go back to them since they are account bound.

17. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Speaking of the next wipe. I don't think they said to what extent the wipe would be except a character wipe is pretty much assured. Though I suspect R17 will be a complete wipe, but don't quote me on that.

I'm interested to see how far they'll be able to go before the next one.

18. smack

smack Avatar

They are considering to allow double xp gain after the wipe with R17. However, you can only get this double rate up to whatever max XP you were at in R16.

Arianna and Link_of_Hyrule like this.
  19. Mycroft Holmes

Mycroft Holmes Avatar

Is the Character wipe definitely going to happen for R17? I just pledged but now I'm a little worried about my characters name being taken, he its a big deal to the person I want to be on the game... Will the names that have been chosen already come up as unavailable or will they be a first come first serve?

20. smack

smack Avatar

Welcome to the community!

Character names are currently on a first come first serve basis with every wipe. It's unknown if they'll allow any name reservation. And yeah, there will very likely be a wipe for R17, and very likely future wipes between now and release (in addition to the final wipe just before launch).

Maxly and Mycroft Holmes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.