Remove Ravensmoor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GingerLee, Apr 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Book shops. Upper owls market for instance.

smack and Themo Lock like this.
  2. causepain

causepain Avatar

Ravensmoor isn't problem problem is bugged death magic ghost's attack.

And what i read most of You done it before r16 WITH character using death magic.

I got big favor to You if that is possible, after wipe pls record how You kill Ghost with mele hero on 30 without death magic (for me that school should be banned until repair). So far im 52 lvl <40 dmg resist ( i know that ghost attacks are magic ), 225 hp, and GHOST is eating me, at 30 level You will have around 160 hp (?). Here is how ghost attack look currently (screened today)
    [​IMG]
    I hate games when i need to take something (like here death magic cause it is op) to play normally .

Here is topic about ghost attacks...

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/ghost-attacks.18897/

mikeaw1101 likes this.
  3. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

It would also be pretty boring if every creature in the game could be killed solo by a low level player.

Logain, Spoon, steanne and 3 others like this.
  4. causepain

causepain Avatar

Paraphrasing You
    We don't speak about end boss of the dungeons, this is creep for 300 exp same as Skeleton Footman, some wolves, even stag in forest give you 400 exp, which do enormous amount of damage (so far i didn't meet any other monster making even similar damage). And i know there is plenty for me to discover, but few things are behind ghosts.

And i like challenge but i don't like raped by bugged spells. It is alpha so i understand bugs/vacations/queue of important things, but it isn't hanging in forum form one day (not this topic). It would be great if anyone from game devs could just write we will look closer into this.

That ONE monster is in most undead locations.

I don't know if You are trolling or just afraid to changes in death magic ( i can understand that because you are user of that school of magic). His attack after being noticed go through walls.

GingerLee likes this.
  5. Karuson

Karuson Avatar

I cant get on single player Offline. It Only allows me to play single player online with the effects of other players everywhere. so i might as well play multiplayer online seams how you still play online in single player mode. For me i rather have pep to talk to then to ride solo. My mom says i'm anti social but this game proved my mom wrong.

Spoon likes this.
  6. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Actually i have used a large variety of builds and decks, but at the moment i do include death magic. I realise you are fairly new but i have already called for death magic to be adjusted and reported both the damage dealt by ghosts and the low exp gain. If you read some of the devs posts (as well as large message telling you the game is under construction when you log in) you will see that undead recently underwent some changes that is step one of a process. When fully implemented the ghosts and skeletons will stay dead if you slay them with magic and not get up again. Death magic is not the only way to kill them, running up a hitting them fast with burst damage works quite well. Do not under any circumstances attack them as a party of low level players since their life drain is area of effect. Have a single player advance on it while others stay max range and cast heals. Just because something kills you does not mean it is a bug by the way.

Logain, Miracle Dragon and Spoon like this.
  7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I like the ability to have both. For instance if I'm running the hat quests I usually do that in single player. While at other times I want the interaction of others.
    Mostly I'm in multi but sometimes single, I love such options in my game play.

Also parents telling their kids they are anti social if they sit in front of their computers are such a common generational misunderstanding of what they are doing that it is sad.
    As is right now there are much too few creatures which are scary enough to avoid. Instead everyone runs towards what is supposed to be dangerous.
    In Ultimas of old there were always bigger creatures roaming around that you were scared of. Which was a good thing. It built tension when one had to be selective instead of attacking anything in sight.

Logain, Miracle Dragon and Themo Lock like this.
  8. causepain

causepain Avatar

Ty for some advices but i STILL think attacking through walls map isn't a way to kill players it is simple bug!

You can believe me i can really see difference between bug and hard killing monster. And hopefully rend won't affect undead and life magic will hurt them

Themo Lock likes this.
  9. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

Multiplayer = Group of people

Singeplayer = Companions and NPC fighters.

10. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Yes i really think life magic should harm undead also.

Numa likes this.
  11. Numa

Numa Avatar

And a healing AOE becomes a blistering acid rain on the undead :) Come to think of it, doesn't Water magic also have that kind of spell?

Themo Lock likes this.
  12. GingerLee

GingerLee Avatar

I cant get on single player Offline. Karuson said.

Sorry but single off-line player is not available. Its a area not high on the priority list for development.

13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

This is not true though. It's very high in the list, in fact that was worked on before hiring extra devs. However it's implementation relies on a bunch of other systems to be finished first.
    No point in writing long quest chains before NPC AI is finished for instance. Or placement of quest scenes dependent in the world being done first.
    Etc etc etc.
    And the best way to test those systems are through online alpha & beta testing.
    This has been explained over and over since kickstarter. Last time here:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f.../single-player-offline-unique-features.21739/

14. Logain

Logain Avatar

I'd even love to see (more work) on different kind of creatures for different 'set-ups'. In my humble opinion, soon as we get companions (for the solo players), there's nothing to prevent some creatures to be next to impossible to kill in a specific way. Ghosts could be nearly impossible to tackle by a melee fighter and another creature could be next to impossible for a mage. That way you encourage cooperation in a realistic way.

Moiseyev Trueden and Spoon like this.
  15. Fellentier

Fellentier Avatar

PreAlpha is really a terrible term. If they wanted another before the game was released style of title, they could have gone to gamma. I think the problem is that companies try to use ludicrous words like PreAlpha, when Alpha and beta should suffice. In technical not-so terms, it isn't done in beta, in alpha it REALLY isn't done. I agree with the sentiment of your post, but I have a hard time watching someone criticize someone else's mistakes when they are calling a game pre-pre-pre-release.

/endrant :mad:

16. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

It is what it is.. Pre-Alpha is a real industry term. Alpha is feature complete.. Beta is Content complete. so pre-alpha is what you get when not all of the features are in yet. (Nevermind actually balanced).

Besides, gamma would be the game at launch. Seeing as how it comes after beta. :)

17. Fellentier

Fellentier Avatar

It may be an industry term, I am not disagreeing with that fact. I am simply stating that linguistically it is paradoxical; adding so many before the game is released pre-run titles leads people to believe that they are meaningless. Thus, the initial poster of this thread. 10 years ago getting into a beta was crazy and you understood it was a work in progress, from there it got easier to get into betas and alphas took that title, now getting into alphas is easier and pre-alphas took the title.

In regards to your final comment "gamma would be the game at launch. Seeing as how it comes after beta." that comment comes off as facetious, Adding another stage to the end of the pre-production cycle is not tantamount to moving toward the release period.

18. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Yeah, I used to describe pre-alpha as being in an unplayable state, but Portalarium is actually doing pretty well with making it playable. Usually features are added/tested and lots of "god mode" commands are available for testing certain features in a pre-alpha state. They've managed to keep that to a minimum. (zone being the only one they really needed). I'm sure for some of the features they have planned in the future in their internal builds they still have a lot of that going on.

There are some pre-alpha wow videos floating around, check those out sometime, some of it is pretty funny :) (of playtesting, not the official released videos)

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  19. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Yet it is in keeping with the conventions of keeping to alphabetical order and using the greek alphabet. It wouldn't make sense to anyone to put a gamma state prior to alpha. Like, love it or hate it.. we're stuck with the "pre-alpha" term which covers everything between the first line of code and the alpha stage.

Themo Lock and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  20. Fellentier

Fellentier Avatar

You're reading into it. I never stated that you would put gamma before alpha. You would put gamma after beta, keeping with the ordinal sequence. We aren't "stuck" with anything, it is all semantics that could be better described with a little more thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.